Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games

So I bought a Vita (Impressions)

Won't arrive for a few days, but trying to get an idea of some games you guys like. Big on RPGs, so if anyone knows some good ones, let the name dropping commence.

Also will play pretty much any genre as well. Been eying Unit 13, any thoughts? And I'll prob read some of Lethal's vita reviews, I know he's done a bunch
    Last edited by Sir_Scud; 04-25-2013 at 21:40.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Persona 4 is a MUST.

took me 62 hours to finish the game, I didn't even do much side stuff at all. Best game on the Vita and one of the best games I've ever played

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Congrats on the purchase sir! I will be getting one soon! Lethal shall be in this thread shortly with alot of vita info lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Nice one on the purchase.

If you're not already, it maybe worth considering PS+ as the Vita is receiving quite a lot of discounted and free content/games on the store for PS+ subscribers. Currently IIRC Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Puddle are all part of the instant game collection as well as others. I know Mortal Kombat, MGS HD Collection and Wipeout have also been available free to PS+ users. EU currently has Virtues last Reward as well.

As mentioned, Persona 4 may be straight up your street.

I currently am going through Unit 13 so can talk first hand about that. IMO it is currently the best shooter available for the Vita. The graphics are decent, controls are tight/responsive, the touch controls work well and the game plays great with no frame rate hiccups or slow loading times.
    The third person view works great, especially with the cover mechanic to help spot enemies from afar without alerting anyone.
    The game is broken down in to 36 missions with different characters to level up (gunner, marksmen etc) and different types of missions, stealth, on the clock etc. Also you can select to have these mission objectives altered by playing with the dynamic setting so this changes the overall goal of the original mission, say from a target to neutralise to a ammo stash to explode.

Each mission gives you a star rating out of 5 stars. Quite a few parameters effect your overall score such as accuracy and time taken for completion but the main factor is your multiplier during gameplay. Rack up multiple headshots, disarm trip wires and complete objectives soon gets you hitting the 5x multiplier which really starts to add big numbers to your score

As you earn more stars you then unlock High Value Target (HVT's) which are in a separate mission set and have a primary goal of taking out a target. To unlock all of the HVT missions you need to 5 star all 36 missions as you need 180 stars to unlock the final HVT.
    Or, if you are short of stars people can share HVT missions through the NEAR app on the vita. This lets you complete the HVT mission you may not have enough stars for IF someone has shared that mission for you to complete.

There is also daily challenges which are 1-off missions with a leader board.
    Then there is Co-op which I haven't tried yet. I intend to soon though. The game requires an online pass incase you wondered about picking it up preowned.

Some other great games to consider are:
    Assassins Creed Liberation
    Little big planet
    Motorstorm RC
    Uncharted
    Gravity Rush
    FIFA
    Metal Gear Solid HD collection
    Lumines
    Sonic Transformed Racing
    Need for Speed Most Wanted
    Mortal Kombat

Also, if it interests you there is a huge PSOne classics catalogue available on the store as well with the like of MGS, Crash bandicoot and Resident Evil to name a few.

Cheers
    Last edited by GazzaGSi; 04-21-2013 at 23:27.

5. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    + another for p4 lol just recently beat it and I'm still playing new game plus

Since most of the good ones were mentioned I'd recommend dokuro.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Get Gravity Rush, ps+ is a must

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Second hand Vita's are going for 150 - 200au on eBay its crazy.
    Make sure you raid the PSP / PS1 rpg games too.
    If you have PS+ your pretty much set for free Vita games.
    Last edited by mickice; 04-21-2013 at 03:43.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Persona 4 is a MUST.

took me 62 hours to finish the game, I didn't even do much side stuff at all. Best game on the Vita and one of the best games I've ever played
    I cannot believe I forgot this game was on the vita. OMG I MUST! lol

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Congrats on the purchase sir! I will be getting one soon! Lethal shall be in this thread shortly with alot of vita info lmao
    Lol, I hope he does. He know his vita stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Nice one on the purchase.
    Also, if it interests you there is a huge PSOne classics catalogue available on the store as well with the like of MGS, Crash bandicoot and Resident Evil to name a few.
    Cheers
    Wow dude, thanks a lot for your impressions. I actually got to play a little of Unit 13, and it feels like a game not limited by being a portable game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    + another for p4 lol just recently beat it and I'm still playing new game plus

Since most of the good ones were mentioned I'd recommend dokuro.
    Dokuro....I will have to look this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Get Gravity Rush, ps+ is a must
    Yeah, it seems like plus is incredibly advantageous for vita owners. I will probably invest.

Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Second hand Vita's are going for 150 - 200au on eBay its crazy.
    Make sure you raid the PSP / PS1 rpg games too.
    If you have PS+ your pretty much set for free Vita games.
    Exactly how I got my veetz

Elite Guru
    If you're not on PS+, get it. Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush make it worth the price tag on their own.

Also, don't rule out PSP games!

• Ys Seven
    • Valkyria Chronicles II
    • Persona 3 Portable
    • Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
    • Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
    • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Are but 6 games I'd say are definitely worth picking up, too.
    Last edited by *goo; 04-21-2013 at 18:33. Reason: Can't count to six, apparently. Thought it was five, Lol.

11. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Exactly how I got my veetz
    I paid $400 on launch day for my 3G Vita, I now have two :P the second one is still fresh in the box too.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Veteran
    Wow dude, thanks a lot for your impressions. I actually got to play a little of Unit 13, and it feels like a game not limited by being a portable game at all.
    No problem
    And you're right it definitely isn't.
    There's a heck of a lot of content and replay ability. It took me a little time to get used to using the 2nd analogue stick but after a short while I was soon sailing through
    If you do get it at some point, fire me a friend request if you want to do some co op. Cheers and enjoy the Vita!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Need for Speed Most Wanted is the most played game on my Vita's. My daughters LOVE that game to death.

15. Likes IAmBlutoo likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    No problem
    And you're right it definitely isn't.
    There's a heck of a lot of content and replay ability. It took me a little time to get used to using the 2nd analogue stick but after a short while I was soon sailing through
    If you do get it at some point, fire me a friend request if you want to do some co op. Cheers and enjoy the Vita!
    I'll keep that in mind! I'm starting to zero in on some choices, and will probably get plus for it. So for now, not sure what I'll get. Trying not to spend too much atm lol.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Need for Speed Most Wanted is the most played game on my Vita's. My daughters LOVE that game to death.
    Haven't played a Need for Speed since ps2 era, but will give this one a look.

Veteran
    Agree with F34R regarding NFS Most Wanted. The online is ace as well.
    This can also be played over 3G, I've done it teathered to my iPhone via wifi hotspot and works great.

No problem, PS+ would definitely be my first purchase for it especially if acouple of the current games in the Instant Game Collection interests you.

Just be wary about the file sizes and the size of memory card you have. If you can't fit them all on a memory card you can still select to purchase the game so it is in your download history and download it once you have made space on the memory card even if the game has been removed from the instant game collection. As long as its in your purchased history you will be able to download it whenever during your subscription to PS+.

18. Likes IAmBlutoo likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Yeah, I'm starting to consider what to do about memory cards. 4gb isn't going to cut it. Good tip on the download history. I will say peeps, I pretty excited for the damn thing. I haven't gamed like this since my Gameboy Color, so yeah...it's been awhile

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    So I love this device! Not getting plus until I get my new memory card, rather not mess with it until then. I have a huge catalog of games I want to play, but the first I bought was a PSP game, lol. Few know that my favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy Tactics, so I had to buy Tactics Ogre. Holy $#@! it's hard and fun.

I downloaded the Soul Sacrifice demo, and my god that game is $#@!ing awesome. I want that. I also want Persona 4 (holding off for now) and then plenty of the plus games to try once my memory card is shipped here. Almost every game in this thread I want to play lol.

21. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    When you get plus even if you don't want to play a game they offer or don't have space, download it anyway so it will always be in your download list so you can comeback in play it anytime(while still subbed to plus of course)

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Veteran
    So I love this device! Not getting plus until I get my new memory card, rather not mess with it until then. I have a huge catalog of games I want to play, but the first I bought was a PSP game, lol. Few know that my favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy Tactics, so I had to buy Tactics Ogre. Holy $#@! it's hard and fun.

I downloaded the Soul Sacrifice demo, and my god that game is $#@!ing awesome. I want that. I also want Persona 4 (holding off for now) and then plenty of the plus games to try once my memory card is shipped here. Almost every game in this thread I want to play lol.
    Glad your enjoying it mate.
    I've got Soul Sacrifice on pre order so should be coming next week

Have fun

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Awesome Scud, glad youre enjoying it. It is an amazing piece of kit and the catalogue of games is quite underrated but there is plenty to play. Enjoy Tactics Ogre btw, $#@!ing glorious on the Vita. Play it on and off myself.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    When you get plus even if you don't want to play a game they offer or don't have space, download it anyway so it will always be in your download list so you can comeback in play it anytime(while still subbed to plus of course)
    Yeah, thanks for looking out! I had plus for a little bit last year, so those ps3 games will be mine again too lol.

Glad your enjoying it mate.
    I've got Soul Sacrifice on pre order so should be coming next week

Have fun
    Thanks! Hit me with a friend request if you want (goes for the rest of you as well). It's the same as my psu name. There's a high chance I will own this game lol. I haven't done the online for the demo yet, just unlocked it. Game is deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Awesome Scud, glad youre enjoying it. It is an amazing piece of kit and the catalogue of games is quite underrated but there is plenty to play. Enjoy Tactics Ogre btw, $#@!ing glorious on the Vita. Play it on and off myself.
    Thanks Nitey! I knew going into this that the catalogue is what it is. But there is literally a bunch of games spanning many years that I've never had a chance to play. So I won't be sorry.
    Last edited by Sir_Scud; 04-26-2013 at 00:18.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Added ya scud

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Won't arrive for a few days, but trying to get an idea of some games you guys like. Big on RPGs, so if anyone knows some good ones, let the name dropping commence.

Also will play pretty much any genre as well. Been eying Unit 13, any thoughts? And I'll prob read some of Lethal's vita reviews, I know he's done a bunch
    Where did you get it from? I am also looking for a vita. If anyone remembers who was the member of the forum that used the sony style card? I am wondering how that has worked out for him. I have seen his comments in the past.

Veteran
    Thanks! Hit me with a friend request if you want (goes for the rest of you as well). It's the same as my psu name. There's a high chance I will own this game lol. I haven't done the online for the demo yet, just unlocked it. Game is deep.
    Will do, currently in Mexico so will sort it when back in the UK next Tuesday

kind of surprised no one has suggested zero escape virtue's last reward yet

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by heckteck View Post
    kind of surprised no one has suggested zero escape virtue's last reward yet
    I touched on it in my first post but haven't played it yet (have it downloaded though) so couldn't go into too much detail about it. How are you finding it, do you need to have played 999 to start with to understand what's happening at all?

Thanks

Thread Information