Isn't this just a rumor so far though ?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Isn't this just a rumor so far though ?
    Hence the title of the thread..

To those worried about a PS3/PS4 port... I would presume theres a much better chance of being ported from PC being of similar architecture.
    Last edited by snooper71; 04-22-2013 at 21:43.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I can't believe this was announced like 7 years ago. !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    No offense, but does any one care anymore?
    Japan has long since stopped being anything like important in video games.
    Japanese devs to make a comeback next gen I reckon. They were all woefully ill prepared for HD gaming but I think they have learnt their lessons and will be better for it. Although the problems remains that a lot of their games just won't sell in Japan itself, which may see them try to westernise their titles too much (hope not), see Resident Evil and Dragons Dogma for that

4. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think Japanese devs will move to Vita/3DS more than next gen personally.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I can't believe this was announced like 7 years ago. !!!!

Japanese devs to make a comeback next gen I reckon. They were all woefully ill prepared for HD gaming but I think they have learnt their lessons and will be better for it. Although the problems remains that a lot of their games just won't sell in Japan itself, which may see them try to westernise their titles too much (hope not), see Resident Evil and Dragons Dogma for that

The need to put some steps in place, which they just haven't ever done, and that's start sharing tech, the only way something like the Fox engine is going to be of use to anyone, is if they license it out to other developers, so that they can concentrate on the gameplay, not the engine, and lower the price of development. I would love to see Japanese developers start creating new gaming experiences, instead of replicating (poorly, generally) rehashed old ideas in HD, or copies of western games.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I think Japanese devs will move to Vita/3DS more than next gen personally.
    Considering the HUGE support SE had for the DS and PSP (mostly DS with with all the DQ games) Its likely. And I'm not even mad. RPGs on the go are the best

8. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    At this stage I want it exclusive to the PS4 taking full advantage of it..even if I don't pick up a PS4 straight away.

EDIT: I hate the fact that there are more and more portable exclusive games, I don't even play games on the go as I much prefer to listen to music when I am out and about..the only times I play my handhelds are when I'm at home and I have to because it is exclusive.
    Last edited by Dave-The-Rave; 04-23-2013 at 00:14.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    At this stage I want it exclusive to the PS4 taking full advantage of it..even if I don't pick up a PS4 straight away.

EDIT: I hate the fact that there are more and more portable exclusive games, I don't even play games on the go as I much prefer to listen to music when I am out and about..the only times I play my handhelds are when I'm at home and I have to because it is exclusive.
    I cannot stand hand-helds and I too hate that all of these succulent games end up going portable exclusive. --If there was an easy, official Sony supported way of playing these portable games on full screen tvs then I'd consider getting them, but for now they make my fairly large hands cramp up from attempting anymore than 20 minutes of play.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    No offense, but does any one care anymore?
    Japan has long since stopped being anything like important in video games.
    Well I am offend. $#@! THIS. $#@! THE WHOLE WORLD.

12. Likes Fon , Lefein, mynd likes this post

Japan not important are you kiding me Sony is Japaneses Nintendo is japanese FF Zelda DQ Super Mario Street Fighter Ni no kuni Metraoid The last quardian Puppeteer Rain Pikmin etc are all from japan did you know that.
    i think with poor sales SE and Capcom have learned their lessons i hope, this new genaration of games brings the oportunity to get to the golden age of gaming stop with stupid trophies sets multiplayer crap and focus on great experiences More rpgs adventure less FPS is a start

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'd love to see this be released for the ps4.

And yea, JP devs need to stick to their roots and quit worrying about the western audience. Make a great game(ps2 era) and the west will buy it up.

Ultimate Veteran
    I think with the architecture in PS4 being so accessible, this will free up precious resources at these Japanese developers and allow them to keep better time tables on their game releases. I know I was all for the hard as nails approach towards development at the beginning of this gen, but seeing game after game after game go into development limbo from Japan *Glares not only at Square-Enix, but also Last Guardian and other MUCH anticipated games* it seems like going this route could open doors that were closed before.

Frankly, we've seen what happens when western game developers are given leadership, and it was pretty sucky. This generation had all too few silver clouds to it. Personally, I want a whole $#@! ton more Demon's Souls and can do with less generic TPS and FPS games.. Just for starters.

Thread Information