Latest PSU headlines:

Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Witcher 3 Dev: PS4 Is A High End PC, CD Projekt Happy With New Architecture

CD Projekt RED have always stayed true to their vision and this is clearly shown in their reluctance to release The Witcher 3 on current gen consoles and instead go for next-gen and PC. They are pleased with the PS4 as well, and quest designer Pawel Sasko revealed a lot more about the system to us in an exclusive interview.

“After the announcement of the PS4 many graphics programmers commented that Sony’s upcoming console is a high-end PC and I agree with them,” he said.

“The change of architecture made a lot of developers happy, including us. From a technical standpoint, the biggest disadvantage of PCs is customizable hardware in almost infinite number of ways. That’s why working on PS4 gives us comfort that every gamer is going to have a quality time with The Witcher 3.”

He also revealed why they didn’t show the game during the PS4 reveal event where the entire world was watching and could have proven to be a great marketing tool for the game.

“It was obvious for us that the reveal of new console was a great moment to show our game. But on the other hand, the most important thing about the whole event was PS4 and its features. As we expected, all the games and console itself drag out player’s attention from everything else,” he revealed.

“The Witcher 3 is our beloved child and we want the world to know how good the game will be. It might have been a bit too difficult to get the attention of all the gamers while so many good titles were being announced during Sony’s press conference. So we chose to show the game separately.”

The game comes out in 2014 for the PS4, Xbox 720 and PC. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.
    http://gamingbolt.com/witcher-3-dev-...w-architecture

More dev love for the PS4

Ultimate Veteran
    That game is looking real good. Can't decide if I want it for a console or PC til I see it in action, but this is definitely high on my "to buy" list.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    That game is looking real good. Can't decide if I want it for a console or PC til I see it in action, but this is definitely high on my "to buy" list.
    mine too

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm glad everyone is loving the ps4 set up. Knowing MS, their system will be easy to work with too. I don't want any excuses from devs crying about trying to get graphics up to par. Know your limits and then get to work on being creative with the gameplay.

Thread Information