Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    You vastly misjudge my motivations. Consoles are just one piece of the puzzle to me.
    Naaah.....he pretty much nailed you. Your post history over the years has proven that. Don't worry Leffy.... You pretend to be objective and I'll pretend I believe you. Deal?

Anyways....I'm still looking forward to the 720 and still buying one despite what the 720 failure cheerleaders say. Heard the same crap about the 360 for years.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Lmao at tjis thread and article.....MS has lost when they havent shown or said anythig and their major competitor hasn't boxed sold or shipped one console. Folks are forgetting MS has had the sdk out to developers a year ahead of Sony and is much further along with developer tools.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Look at it this way, Windows 8 - sucks, Windows mobile - sucks, Surface - sucks, Skype - now sucks, they killed bloody msn!
    Now look at what they are doing to the 360, less game focus and more bloody tv apps that will eventually be built into smart TVs from this point on anyways.

If the negative 720 rumours about online only and the like are true then I feel sorry for Bill Gates.
    Last edited by mickice; 04-24-2013 at 17:29.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

4. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    I agree, these are grown men doing this ffs. If the new xbox changes its horrible controller, I will buy it. Sony is getting my money day $#@!ing one.

EDIT:

I'm talking about the xbox crowd. I have never read so much bias to a single console from grown men. It really is so $#@!ing stupid and ridiculous. Microsoft could release the original xbox and sellotape a turn on it and the (grown xbox men fans will still fight to the death) believing that its the next best thing.
    Same could be said for certain PS loyalists here.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Look at it this way, Windows 8 - sucks, Windows mobile - sucks, Surface - sucks, Skype - now sucks, they killed bloody msn!
    Now look at what they are doing to the 360, less game focus and more bloody tv apps that will eventually be built into smart TVs from this point on anyways.

If the negative 720 rumours about online only and the like are true then I feel sorry for Bill Gates.
    Lol at you after all this self proclaimed suckness MS gaming division has seen record breaking profits and as a company as a whole....but the company you support is in financial doo doo with a 49% chance of going bankrupt in a few years.....just though you should know these things before you claim MS a failed company.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Naaah.....he pretty much nailed you. Your post history over the years has proven that. Don't worry Leffy.... You pretend to be objective and I'll pretend I believe you. Deal?

Anyways....I'm still looking forward to the 720 and still buying one despite what the 720 failure cheerleaders say. Heard the same crap about the 360 for years.
    It's funny that you are telling him that.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    and therein lies the issue:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/2...72c2103200000c

So, speaking of self inflicted wounds. It would seem that MSes impenetrable wall of silence has some people hyped to the moon while every indication is stating that it's not going to be nearly the contra-PS4Beast that some are expecting. Oh well. Not my problem.
    I was reading that the other day on gaf. My interpretation on that is him talking about the 1.2tf, ect. rumor. Not sure about the online thing tho.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post

360 has less game focus wha? I am finding a record number of games now for it and loving them.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    360 has less game focus wha? I am finding a record number of games now for it and loving them.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...osoft_Xbox_360

Sort by first released date you will understand what he meant.
    (ē_ē)
    ( ē_ē)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...osoft_Xbox_360

Sort by first released date you will understand what he meant.
    (ē_ē)
    ( ē_ē)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Soldier 95B
    Nope, not getting it? It is not only missing a bunch of exclusives, but a ton of games as well.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Lol at you after all this self proclaimed suckness MS gaming division has seen record breaking profits and as a company as a whole....but the company you support is in financial doo doo with a 49% chance of going bankrupt in a few years.....just though you should know these things before you claim MS a failed company.
    That's true that Sony has been sucking more than MS but because their gaming division is making record sales, doesn't mean they're on the right path...not according to gaming anyway. We can say Facebook is breaking record profits, due to Farmville and Gangster Wars. Do you get the point I'm trying to make?

Wii broke records. I think you understand by now. But just in case: 360 is breaking these records due to Kinect. It has never been supported in the history of gaming in any particular year that a console that had less games outsold a console that had more games, based on the fact that it had less games. and somehow that's attractive to gamers. that's just not logical. unless you're going to wing that 360 exclusives are far superior to PS3 exclusives in overall popularity.

Otherwise, there has to be something, maybe it's the $99 bundle with Kinect? Think it comes with a game to right? It's a great way for MS to leverage their library but they can't possibly break those record profits (and I think you mean sales here) without this, at this point where support they're giving.
    and how does that change that fact? they sold a huge chunk of their studios, that means less focus. it means that there could've been more games. now if you are finding stuff, awesome but you do not make up for 100% of the user base and I'm pretty sure you also don't speak for all of them either. start looking at things from a broader perspective and maybe you guys will put some sense into MS. it's the fact that you guys have not complained much, is probably why they feel it's ok to go ahead with whatever they feel like. we $#@!ed and moaned at Sony and look what PS4 is like now, compared to PS2/3.
    Nope, not getting it? It is not only missing a bunch of exclusives, but a ton of games as well.
    You mean be talking about total games, you know, because PS3 came out a year late in US and 6 months more for EU. Good job at doing maths. Bad job at understanding trends.

Some of you guys wouldn't pass for as entrepreneurs. You guys would think that as long as you're making profits, opportunity cost doesn't exist lol. *sigh*
    Last edited by Omar; 04-25-2013 at 18:01.

14. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    and how does that change that fact? they sold a huge chunk of their studios, that means less focus.
    And they opened more studios. Are you only counting sold ones? Why not count the new ones they opened? And why does it have to be first party? Isn't it the game that is important, not whether it's a third party, second party or first party? The 360 has a ton of exclusives from all three parties.

it means that there could've been more games. now if you are finding stuff, awesome but you do not make up for 100% of the user base and I'm pretty sure you also don't speak for all of them either.
    Nope, I sure don't. I am in the majority though.

start looking at things from a broader perspective
    Thats exactly what I am doing. I am avoiding the narrow perspective. The narrow is the wrong way to go.

and maybe you guys will put some sense into MS. it's the fact that you guys have not complained much, is probably why they feel it's ok to go ahead with whatever they feel like.
    Who is "you guys"? I know I have complained about issues. But I don't know why I would complain about so many great games?

we $#@!ed and moaned at Sony and look what PS4 is like now, compared to PS2/3.
    We did complain about things at Sony yes. But I don't know what complaints were solved in the PS4? It's just another media machine with more power. Just like the Xbox 3 will be. Both adding more gimmicks, more media, more casual focus and continued core support.

You mean be talking about total games, you know, because PS3 came out a year late in US and 6 months more for EU. Good job at doing maths. Bad job at understanding trends.
    Total games, total exclusives, current and past. I look at the entire picture, the broader spectrum, not narrow.

Some of you guys wouldn't pass for as entrepreneurs. You guys would think that as long as you're making profits, opportunity cost doesn't exist lol. *sigh*
    Who are these guys you keep talking about? I am confused.

16. Likes mistercrow, Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    really dude? lol now you're going to have to make me spend time and show you how many key studios were closed down and then show you the amount of studios that were opened (which were about 4-5?) and out of those, how many are likely for Kinect and likely for core. Couldíve sworn we had a confirmation of how many Kinect studios there were but Iíll give benefit of the doubt and spend my nice afternoon once I get home to present this to you.

Then you can also waste more of my lovely evening by showing you how 360 and PS3 have been trending as far as the amount of games that are being put out every year and more recent and then Iíll spend more time arguing the fact that games from 7 years ago do not matter as much as games that are coming out this year, which should take another 10 minutes to write. Not to mention, we all know youíre including Xbox arcade exclusives too as they really should be counted with PSN exclusives but not in your opinion and we already know that. Add another 10 minutes there.

Then Iíll argue that PS4 and Xbox 3 arenít exactly going to be alike in focus but you can generically say thatÖmight as well include tablet gaming in there while youíre at it. Iíll spend more time trying to show that while they will all focus on all those things you mentioned, they will not lose focus on coreÖwhich will again last another 2 pages of argument.

There has to be a name for this sort of disruptive tactic. I donít know, someone look it up. But we all know what youíre doing here. Wait, wasnít someone given a warning for something like that? I guess itís being done so well in this case then itís extremely hard to notice it but itís thereÖeither way youíre wasting my time.

Yes we know youíre in the majority but again, that doesnít matter because majority of the people loved the dreamcast, majority of the people bought tons of dreamcast games. Now add N64 in there, and GCN. Majority is a vague word. It means 50+. All of that stuff doesnít matter, what matters is the trend. If MS starts to trend towards focusing more on games (not talking about Kinect games) then yes I think they can get out of this mess but without attaining new studios, you can only do so much with 3rd party. Both sides have plenty of third party exclusives but as weíve seen over time and time, itís the first parties that sometimes truly exploit the consoleís different strengths and guide the consoleís direction. Itís what differentiates your console from anotherís. You need plenty of this or youíre going to lose identity.

I donít know if youíve ever complained about MS. I have complained plenty about Sony and have made numerous threads about their failures. I feel like they have listened to our complaints, not mine of course but if you complain then someone else sees it too and thus it creates a ripple effect. Go on, keep it up, you reap what you sow.

Who am I talking about? I'm talking about you and people like you here that I come across that think everything is fine as long as it looks that way from the surface.

18. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    really dude?
    Really.

now you're going to have to make me spend time and show you how many key studios were closed down and then show you the amount of studios that were opened (which were about 4-5?) and out of those, how many are likely for Kinect and likely for core.
    I don't recall talking quantity of first party studios. But yes, MS did create more studios after closing some. Some are speculated for Kinect and some are speculated for core. Nobody on the forum has confirmation of the details of those.

Could’ve sworn we had a confirmation of how many Kinect studios there were but I’ll give benefit of the doubt and spend my nice afternoon once I get home to present this to you.
    Sounds like a waste of your time personally.

Then you can also waste more of my lovely evening by showing you how 360 and PS3 have been trending as far as the amount of games that are being put out every year and more recent and then I’ll spend more time arguing the fact that games from 7 years ago do not matter as much as games that are coming out this year, which should take another 10 minutes to write.
    Luckily, this year on our PS3 it looks great for exclusive. Last year it was $#@! for us. Last year exclusives were great for us on the 360, this year it sucks for us on the 360. That might save you 10 minutes. Luckily both have been putting out more and more games and exclusives, more than 7 years ago.

Not to mention, we all know you’re including Xbox arcade exclusives too as they really should be counted with PSN exclusives but not in your opinion and we already know that. Add another 10 minutes there.
    What are you on about now? I am talking about Xbox 360 Retail Exclusives, Xbox 360 Arcade Exclusives, Xbox 360 XBLIG Exclusives, Playstation 3 Retail Exclusives, Playstation 3 PSN Exclusives, Kinect Exclusives and Move Exclusives. I am looking at the BROAD spectrum of the games, not just a NARROW spectrum. Isn't that what we were discussing?

Then I’ll argue that PS4 and Xbox 3 aren’t exactly going to be alike in focus but you can generically say that…might as well include tablet gaming in there while you’re at it. I’ll spend more time trying to show that while they will all focus on all those things you mentioned, they will not lose focus on core…which will again last another 2 pages of argument.
    Why would you want to spend all that time arguing that? I can't change your opinion, nor would I want to. That sounds like a waste of time, and would have no benefit. Nothing would be accomplished. Can you elaborate as to what you mean, because I must be missing something?

There has to be a name for this sort of disruptive tactic. I don’t know, someone look it up. But we all know what you’re doing here. Wait, wasn’t someone given a warning for something like that? I guess it’s being done so well in this case then it’s extremely hard to notice it but it’s there…either way you’re wasting my time.

Yes we
    Who is this we?

know you’re in the majority but again, that doesn’t matter because majority of the people loved the dreamcast, majority of the people bought tons of dreamcast games. Now add N64 in there, and GCN. Majority is a vague word. It means 50+. All of that stuff doesn’t matter, what matters is the trend. If MS starts to trend towards focusing more on games (not talking about Kinect games) then yes I think they can get out of this mess but without attaining new studios, you can only do so much with 3rd party. Both sides have plenty of third party exclusives but as we’ve seen over time and time, it’s the first parties that sometimes truly exploit the console’s different strengths and guide the console’s direction. It’s what differentiates your console from another’s. You need plenty of this or you’re going to lose identity.
    Agreed. Which is nice to see why both systems are getting that attention. The exclusives, the pricing, the accessories, the online as well as the respective dashboard and media features are all things that are differentiating each system from each other. It's great that the choice between is out that, and gives all of the consumers an option. And it's nice to see all the developers embrace these consoles when they seem them out there with 70+ million each. Hopefully that trend continues with the next gen as well.

There has to be a name for this sort of disruptive tactic. I don’t know, someone look it up. But we all know what you’re doing here. Wait, wasn’t someone given a warning for something like that? I guess it’s being done so well in this case then it’s extremely hard to notice it but it’s there…either way you’re wasting my time.
    What are you talking about dude?

I don’t know if you’ve ever complained about MS. I have complained plenty about Sony and have made numerous threads about their failures. I feel like they have listened to our complaints, not mine of course but if you complain then someone else sees it too and thus it creates a ripple effect.
    Agreed. Which is a good thing. I have complained about Sony and MS quite a bit, but I still like their consoles overall because of the games.

Go on, keep it up, you reap what you sow.
    ?

Who am I talking about? I'm talking about you and people like you here that I come across that think everything is fine as long as it looks that way from the surface.
    Ok, I think?
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 04-25-2013 at 19:43.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    really dude? lol now you're going to have to make me spend time and show you how many key studios were closed down and then show you the amount of studios that were opened (which were about 4-5?) and out of those, how many are likely for Kinect and likely for core. Couldíve sworn we had a confirmation of how many Kinect studios there were but Iíll give benefit of the doubt and spend my nice afternoon once I get home to present this to you.
    Wow, you have been drinking to much of Sony juice others serve up here. In typical fashion, they harp on about MS studios being closed and ignore Sonys failing (which are far far worse).

I know, I know you going to quote Bungie leaving and Ensemble and FASA studios being close right?

Right?
    Here is the list of companies MS closed down this Gen (and actually made games for the 360):

-Carbonated Games (casual)
    -FASA
    -Ensemble Studios

Thats it.

They have opened or acquired:
    -Good Science Games (Kinect)
    -Lionhead (core)
    -Xbox Live Productions (Casual)
    -343 Industries (core)
    -Twisted Pixel (Casual)
    -Playful Learning (Kinect/Casual)
    -MGS Victoria (core)
    -Connected Experiences (Core)
    -Black Tusk Studios (Core)
    -MGS LA (core)
    -Skybox Sports (Core)
    -Big Park (Casual/Kinect)

Add to that Turn 10,Rare, partnerships with Epic, Crytek, Remedy, and Playground games.

Hows Sony going?

Well lets start with developers who backed Sony:

-Game Republic
    -Lightbox Interactive
    -Factor 5
    -Free Radical

Those who backed Sony and then became Mulitplatform

-Superbot (PS All Stars)
    -Eat Sleep Play (Twisted Metal)
    -Relentless Software (Buzz)
    -Insomniac Games (Ratchet and Clank)

The Ones Sony just plain shut down:
    -Big Big
    -Zipper
    -SCE Liverpool
    -Incognito
    -989 Studios

That leaves Sony with 10 studios left that actually make games for the PS3, plus successful partnerships with Quantic Dreams and Sucker Punch.

Sony has been culling left and right, and publishers have been walking away from them.

10 plays 8. Big whoop.
    Then you can also waste more of my lovely evening by showing you how 360 and PS3 have been trending as far as the amount of games that are being put out every year and more recent and then Iíll spend more time arguing the fact that games from 7 years ago do not matter as much as games that are coming out this year, which should take another 10 minutes to write. Not to mention, we all know youíre including Xbox arcade exclusives too as they really should be counted with PSN exclusives but not in your opinion and we already know that. Add another 10 minutes there.
    Or one could argue that exclusives that come out at the beginning of the generation matter more than bringing out exclusives in a saturated market. EVEN SONY KNOWS THAT.
    Or we could argue about how many of those so called exclusives Sony released later years were actually successful, and that the companies that produced them didn't just walk away from Sony (Starhawk, Playstation All Stars, Twisted Metal).

There is a reason Sony are clamoring for indies.

Then Iíll argue that PS4 and Xbox 3 arenít exactly going to be alike in focus but you can generically say thatÖmight as well include tablet gaming in there while youíre at it. Iíll spend more time trying to show that while they will all focus on all those things you mentioned, they will not lose focus on coreÖwhich will again last another 2 pages of argument.
    I think you will find what SOny now produce if being limited, as they do not have the options they once had.
    There has to be a name for this sort of disruptive tactic. I donít know, someone look it up. But we all know what youíre doing here. Wait, wasnít someone given a warning for something like that? I guess itís being done so well in this case then itís extremely hard to notice it but itís thereÖeither way youíre wasting my time.

Yes we know youíre in the majority but again, that doesnít matter because majority of the people loved the dreamcast, majority of the people bought tons of dreamcast games. Now add N64 in there, and GCN. Majority is a vague word. It means 50+. All of that stuff doesnít matter, what matters is the trend. If MS starts to trend towards focusing more on games (not talking about Kinect games) then yes I think they can get out of this mess but without attaining new studios, you can only do so much with 3rd party. Both sides have plenty of third party exclusives but as weíve seen over time and time, itís the first parties that sometimes truly exploit the consoleís different strengths and guide the consoleís direction. Itís what differentiates your console from anotherís. You need plenty of this or youíre going to lose identity.

I donít know if youíve ever complained about MS. I have complained plenty about Sony and have made numerous threads about their failures. I feel like they have listened to our complaints, not mine of course but if you complain then someone else sees it too and thus it creates a ripple effect. Go on, keep it up, you reap what you sow.

You do reap what you sow, and if you cant market, you cant back and forge successful relationships with studios, you get what you have now, which is a handfull of studios left over form a once great game empire.

Microsoft have never been a huge game development company, but as of right now, they have more studios than Sony does. 14 plays 21.

Yeah, you can argue about Kinect, and its relevance, but hey at least MS is backing it, and the reality is the dam thing sucks because it almost works well, its a tantalizing product, and then piss's you off no end when it stuffs up. Its a frustrating product, and if they have indeed striaghtend out the kinks, then I cna understand the bakcing of it.

Hows those move games going?
    Last edited by mynd; 04-25-2013 at 21:01.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    LEt's settle down mate (and others that overreacted a tad).

I think he was just saying that given the reception of recent MS products, and the recent shift away from the focus on games (just open up the 360 dashboard; and apart from GeoW Judgment and 2 other PC/360 titles) that there aren't many new exclusive IPs to it (that are known, of course).

I don't think it was laughable, nor was it baiting of any kind. Not sure why the overreaction to it.

Let's carry on though.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Wow, you have been drinking to much of Sony juice others serve up here. In typical fashion, they harp on about MS studios being closed and ignore Sonys failing (which are far far worse).

I know, I know you going to quote Bungie leaving and Ensemble and FASA studios being close right?

Right?
    Here is the list of companies MS closed down this Gen (and actually made games for the 360):

-FASA
    -Ensemble Studios

Thats it.

-Lionhead (core)
    -343 Industries (core)
    -Twisted Pixel (Casual)
    -MGS Victoria (core)
    -MGS LA (core)
    -Skybox Sports (Core)

Add to that Turn 10,Rare, partnerships with Epic, Crytek, Remedy, and Playground games.

Hows Sony going?

-Game Republic
    -Lightbox Interactive
    -Factor 5
    -Free Radical

-Superbot (PS All Stars)

-Big Big
    -Zipper
    -SCE Liverpool
    -Incognito
    -989 Studios

That leaves Sony with 10 studios left that actually make games for the PS3, plus successful partnerships with Quantic Dreams and Sucker Punch.

Sony has been culling left and right, and publishers have been walking away from them.

10 plays 8. Big whoop.

Or one could argue that exclusives that come out at the beginning of the generation matter more than bringing out exclusives in a saturated market. EVEN SONY KNOWS THAT.
    Or we could argue about how many of those so called exclusives Sony released later years were actually successful, and that the companies that produced them didn't just walk away from Sony (Starhawk, Playstation All Stars, Twisted Metal).

I think you will find what SOny now produce if being limited, as they do not have the options they once had.

You do reap what you sow, and if you cant market, you cant back and forge successful relationships with studios, you get what you have now, which is a handfull of studios left over form a once great game empire.

Microsoft have never been a huge game development company, but as of right now, they have more studios than Sony does. 14 plays 21.

Yeah, you can argue about Kinect, and its relevance, but hey at least MS is backing it, and the reality is the dam thing sucks because it almost works well, its a tantalizing product, and then piss's you off no end when it stuffs up. Its a frustrating product, and if they have indeed striaghtend out the kinks, then I cna understand the bakcing of it.

+rep since I'm out of likes right now. lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    LEt's settle down mate (and others that overreacted a tad).

I think he was just saying that given the reception of recent MS products, and the recent shift away from the focus on games (just open up the 360 dashboard; and apart from GeoW Judgment and 2 other PC/360 titles) that there aren't many new exclusive IPs to it (that are known, of course).

I don't think it was laughable, nor was it baiting of any kind. Not sure why the overreaction to it.

Let's carry on though.
    lol this is why the dislike button is awesome! What did I say that was so "nonsensical"? I pretty much just said not to get carried away with what one poster said. To be fair, what part of that post was "wrong/nonsensical"? NO one made anything up...

Ok guys, ok...

PSU Technical Advisor

Right?

-FASA
    -Ensemble Studios

Thats it.

-Lionhead (core)
    -343 Industries (core)
    -Twisted Pixel (Casual)
    -MGS Victoria (core)
    -MGS LA (core)
    -Skybox Sports (Core)

Hows Sony going?

-Game Republic
    -Lightbox Interactive
    -Factor 5
    -Free Radical

-Superbot (PS All Stars)

-Big Big
    -Zipper
    -SCE Liverpool
    -Incognito
    -989 Studios

10 plays 8. Big whoop.

You neglected Bizarre's departure from MS. You also neglected studios Sony has been picking up.

In general this 'counter' argument you've provided is drivel to me.

Your posts are becoming harder and harder to read, this just smacks of apologetics. Combined with your nothing short of wishful thinking concerning the next Xbox hardware, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Regardless of what was said that prompted your response, you are simply taking it to the other extreme.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Dislike follow-up: Valid points raised and I agree (also see Vul's post above mine) to a certain extent. In any case good to think about.

Apart from the troll bait at the end.

#practicewhatIpreach

Forum Elder

Right?

-FASA
    -Ensemble Studios

Thats it.

-Lionhead (core)
    -343 Industries (core)
    -Twisted Pixel (Casual)
    -MGS Victoria (core)
    -MGS LA (core)
    -Skybox Sports (Core)

Hows Sony going?

-Game Republic
    -Lightbox Interactive
    -Factor 5
    -Free Radical

-Superbot (PS All Stars)

-Big Big
    -Zipper
    -SCE Liverpool
    -Incognito
    -989 Studios

10 plays 8. Big whoop.

great post. +rep.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    You neglected Bizarre's departure from MS. You also neglected studios Sony has been picking up.
    Bizarre got bought out, not a lot MS could do there, the reality is they left the exclusive fold and then failed.

What exactly has Sony been picking up?

In general this 'counter' argument you've provided is drivel to me.

Your posts are becoming harder and harder to read, this just smacks of apologetics. Combined with your nothing short of wishful thinking concerning the next Xbox hardware, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Regardless of what was said that prompted your response, you are simply taking it to the other extreme.
    MS opened a bunch of new studios for next gen purposes, you wont see the fruits of what they have done immediately, much like you wont see the reality of what Sony has done till you start looking for a bunch of exclusives like they produced in the past few years.

For example, no MAG, no SOCOM, no Twisted Metal, no Starhawk etc etc.

I'm not arguing that Sony still don't have a stronger first party line up , because what they have left are some of the true rockstars of gaming. But man, any one who is trying to suggest that in some way or shape MS isn't trying, or game focused? No way on earth is that even remotely true for the next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Dislike follow-up: Valid points raised and I agree (also see Vul's post above mine) to a certain extent. In any case good to think about.

Apart from the troll bait at the end.

#practicewhatIpreach
    Hardly troll bait, just a stark difference between support given to their respective motion controllers. I'm not saying that's a wrong or right thing to do, but it certainly a direction that differentiates the companies.
    Last edited by mynd; 04-26-2013 at 00:18.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

1st party

SCE Japan Studio
    Polyphony Digital
    Naughty Dog - 2 teams
    SCE Santa Monica Studio - 2 teams
    SCE San Diego Studio
    SCE Bend Studio
    Sucker Punch Productions
    Sony Online Entertainment
    SCE London Studio
    Guerrilla Cambridge
    Evolution Studios
    Guerrilla Games - 2 teams
    Media Molecule

13 studios, 16 teams.

2nd Party

Ready at Dawn Studios
    Zindagi Game
    Quantic Dream

As for 3rd party, Insomniac already confirmed that they'll still be making exclusives for Sony.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Hardly troll bait, just a stark difference between support given to their respective motion controllers. I'm not saying that's a wrong or right thing to do, but it certainly a direction that differentiates the companies.
    Fair enough. Just how I saw it.

I could take or leave Move/Kinect until something 'substantial' comes out. Closest thing I've played to fun in a motion game is some of Sports Champions. Everything else I can make do without.

Thread Information