Evolution Studios
    Guerrilla Games - 2 teams
    Media Molecule

13 studios, 16 teams.

2nd Party

Ready at Dawn Studios
    Zindagi Game
    Quantic Dream

As for 3rd party, Insomniac already confirmed that they'll still be making exclusives for Sony.
    They do not have 13 studios developing games for PS3 or PS4. The same reason I don't count studios like Microsoft mobile. Either way, its significantly down on what it once was.
    Last edited by mynd; 04-26-2013 at 01:08.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    They do not have 13 studios developing games for PS3 or PS4. The same reason I don't count studios like Microsoft mobile. Either way, its significantly down on what it once was.
    Think you'll be surprised then. Bend, Foster City and the London team are basically Sony's PSP/Vita/helper studio's and SCE Japan do that as well as facilitate and co-develop many japanese games (Demon's Souls, White Knight Chronicles, Patapon, Soul Sacrifice) but the rest are fully fledged studio's, of course they're all making PS3/PS4 games, wtf else will they be doing?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Don't start the denial **** again. We had the same argument about 2 months ago.

SCE Japan Studio - The last guardian ps3 or ps4
    Polyphony Digital - Gran Turismo ps3
    Naughty Dog - 2 teams - Uncharted series; The last of us
    SCE Santa Monica Studio - 2 teams - God of War;new i.p. for ps4
    SCE San Diego Studio - mlb the show - ps3

SCE Bend Studio - my bad, handheld studio.
    Sucker Punch Productions - Infamous series ps3;ps4
    Sony Online Entertainment - DC Universe Online - ps3
    SCE London Studio - eyetoy related games

Guerrilla Cambridge(formerly SCE Cambridge Studio) - vita at the moment
    Evolution Studios - motorstorm;driveclub -ps3;ps4
    Guerrilla Games - 2 teams - killzone series;new i.p - ps3;ps4
    Media Molecule - Little big planet;new i.p - ps3;ps4

11 studios 14 teams. From their 1st party studios. Those guys are for a fact working.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-26-2013 at 01:22.

4. Likes Sufi wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B
    We are starting to see list wars in an MS only thread. Lets stop it there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Don't start the denial **** again. We had the same argument about 2 months ago.

SCE Japan Studio - The last guardian ps3 or ps4
    Polyphony Digital - Gran Turismo ps3
    Naughty Dog - 2 teams - Uncharted series; The last of us
    SCE Santa Monica Studio - God of War;new i.p. for ps4
    SCE San Diego Studio - mlb the show - ps3

SCE Bend Studio - my bad, handheld studio.
    Sucker Punch Productions - Infamous series ps3;ps4
    Sony Online Entertainment - DC Universe Online - ps3
    SCE London Studio - eyetoy related games

Guerrilla Cambridge(formerly SCE Cambridge Studio) - vita at the moment
    Evolution Studios - motorstorm;driveclub -ps3;ps4
    Guerrilla Games - killzone series;new i.p - ps3;ps4
    Media Molecule - Little big planet;new i.p - ps3;ps4

11 studios 14 teams.

Meh, I said 10, you say 11, not sure what your point is though, I already said they had 10 studios. I missed one, my bad? I hadn't realized Sucker punch was bought by Sony.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    We are starting to see list wars in an MS only thread. Lets stop it there.

Exactly what I said earlier what would happen lol. You guys are diverting the argument and it's just going to cause more time being wasted. I commend Money for taking his time but it's not going to go anywhere.
    Meh, I said 10, you say 11, not sure what your point is though, I already said they had 10 studios. I missed one, my bad? I hadn't realized Sucker punch was bought by Sony.
    Like you said, how many of the MS studios are going to casual? That is a problem, that is the difference of focus I'm talking about. All the studios Sony has, even their casual game developers make full games, not like Sports/Kiddie/Fitness games we're going to see from a few of MS' developers.

You're right, we're looking at it wrong. It's not the amount of studios being shut, it's the usefulness of them. How many studios MS had and how many games did they put out this generation? (comparative to their competition) That's the problem.

That's where they have to prove everyone wrong next generation. The rest of your post, I'd love to go into it because you had completely misunderstood it but I just don't have time :S

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    These 'lists' of developers are always fluctuating, opening and closing studios happens all the time. Its not like these list comparisons will be an indication of where both new consoles will be in a few years time

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

9. Likes Sufi wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Exactly what I said earlier what would happen lol. You guys are diverting the argument
    Your posts are so confusing. Who is you guys and you said what would happen earlier?

Extreme Poster
    You guys = whoever I'm arguing with.

What would happen is that since you guys won't admit there's anything wrong with what MS is doing and just throw out generic vague statements, it will cause people to show things in more details, not to mention time being wasted and all that'll do is list wars and long arguments.

But like I said, reap what you sow. You guys think everything MS is doing is perfect, so yea, don't complain at all and enjoy.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim

What would happen is that since you guys won't admit there's anything wrong with what MS is doing and just throw out generic vague statements, it will cause people to show things in more details, not to mention time being wasted and all that'll do is list wars and long arguments.

But like I said, reap what you sow. You guys think everything MS is doing is perfect, so yea, don't complain at all and enjoy.
    I think even IF they went full casual (casual-focused) they'd still be doing 'perfect' simply because they'd more than likely gain more audience - more sales etc. Provided they price it right and don't "PS3" the next Xbox, and they can expect to move a lot of it, even if they just went with the Halo/COD/Gears triumvirate.

Wouldn't be good for someone like me, but what does MS/any of these companies care so long as money is made?

It just really is up to the individual.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Meh, I said 10, you say 11, not sure what your point is though, I already said they had 10 studios. I missed one, my bad?
    +rep

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I think even IF they went full casual (casual-focused) they'd still be doing 'perfect' simply because they'd more than likely gain more audience - more sales etc. Provided they price it right and don't "PS3" the next Xbox, and they can expect to move a lot of it, even if they just went with the Halo/COD/Gears triumvirate.

Wouldn't be good for someone like me, but what does MS/any of these companies care so long as money is made?

It just really is up to the individual.
    High unlikely but if they did go full casual (or more casual than now), I think the Xbox fans would not care because MS is making money.

But MS should care even if they do make profits off that because then you're just losing a backbone that is needed to stay a company that wants to make consoles that are designed to play video games.

Nintendo is facing that harsh reality, they wasted an entire generation and now they're already a step behind. I'm not saying their console isn't interesting, it definitely is but compared to the next-gen consoles, I'd take whatever MS (even if they went full casual) has to offer over what Nintendo is.
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    +rep
    We will see how useful these studios are. I'm skeptical going with MS' record.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    High unlikely but if they did go full casual (or more casual than now), I think the Xbox fans would not care because MS is making money.

But MS should care even if they do make profits off that because then you're just losing a backbone that is needed to stay a company that wants to make consoles that are designed to play video games.

Nintendo is facing that harsh reality, they wasted an entire generation and now they're already a step behind. I'm not saying their console isn't interesting, it definitely is but compared to the next-gen consoles, I'd take whatever MS (even if they went full casual) has to offer over what Nintendo is.We will see how useful these studios are. I'm skeptical going with MS' record.
    I agree that is highly unlikely- though even if they did do it, it'd still play games - they just wouldn't in this theoretical world (again, gotta watch words lest you have swords slicin' you up) try to produce any big budget exclusives apart form the guaranteed money-makers. That's Scenario Z though and more than unlikely this gen.

I think MS wouldn't give a toss especially if they're making money. Wasn't it said.theorised that it simply was a Trojan horse? It fits in with that scenario.

But I think Kinect will be where its at (for better or worse).

Power Member
    Items User name style

What they are doing? What opening up core game studios..horrific.

And they been sowing lots of seeds. No one thinks they are doing perfect, but Id much rather hear of studios opening than closing.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I agree that is highly unlikely- though even if they did do it, it'd still play games - they just wouldn't in this theoretical world (again, gotta watch words lest you have swords slicin' you up) try to produce any big budget exclusives apart form the guaranteed money-makers. That's Scenario Z though and more than unlikely this gen.

I think MS wouldn't give a toss especially if they're making money. Wasn't it said.theorised that it simply was a Trojan horse? It fits in with that scenario.

But I think Kinect will be where its at (for better or worse).
    Hmm, in any case, I think MS should know that it's not going to help long-term.
    What they are doing? What opening up core game studios..horrific.
    I commend them for opening up studios but they had plenty of studios this generation as you've shown, the problem is apparently that they didn't do much with them. Or do you disagree? What else would it be? We'd see a healthy flow of varied genres by the first party if that were true...or at least a healthy flow of games.

And they been sowing lots of seeds. No one thinks they are doing perfect, but Id much rather hear of studios opening than closing.
    Pretty sure everyone except you and Rad in this thread (all the rest of pro-Xbox fans) think everything they do is perfect and are perfectly fine with the perceived direction they may be taking.

Now, if this is all wrong and they're going to amp up the production on both ends then I'd be wrong in all of this but knowing how MS utilizes their studios...even in the best-case scenario, how do we know they won't do the same and just not care about 3+ years?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    They did not have enough core studios at all this gen. They have rectified that in the past 2 years.

Extreme Poster
    They did not have enough core studios at all this gen. They have rectified that in the past 2 years.
    and what did they do with those studios in the last 2 years? or how about upcoming year until the next Xbox?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    and what did they do with those studios in the last 2 years? or how about upcoming year until the next Xbox?
    Jack **** to show for it this year. I'm just hoping that we get some new core exclusives for the nextbox. If most of them are Kinect casual family games then I won't be buying a console on launch (oh and always online but thats another issue obvs)

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    It's funny that you are telling him that.
    Wrong...I've never bashed Sony nor have posted that I don't like the company. He has done BOTH when it pertains to ANYTHING Microsoft. Big difference.

I have an Xbox platform PREFERENCE, but I still like Sony and have bought PS1/PS2/PS3 and will buy the PS4. He has NO plans on buying an Xbox 720 and never did. He's said he hopes it's at least decent enough for when he goes over to SOMEONE ELSE'S house to play THEIR console. Nothing about buying one himself.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    The new studios? They are making games for the next xbox, what are they doing? I have no idea, I guess we will find out?

Extreme Poster
    The new studios? They are making games for the next xbox, what are they doing? I have no idea, I guess we will find out?
    Well, that is obvious but what did they do for this generation? It's a little cheeky for them to not utilize their sources for the sake of getting the most profits. What they don't realize is that people like myself see that and not be interested in their strategy.

But I feel like they aren't necessarily trying to win votes, even though they're doing that with 360 right now but those votes include Kinect casuals, which begs the question, are they getting the right people to buy the console with that? It seems to me they are going somewhat in the middle of what Sony wants to do and what Nintendo wants to do.

How sure are you that these studios will keep the games coming in a healthy flow next-gen? After the first few years.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Well, that is obvious but what did they do for this generation? It's a little cheeky for them to not utilize their sources for the sake of getting the most profits. What they don't realize is that people like myself see that and not be interested in their strategy.

But I feel like they aren't necessarily trying to win votes, even though they're doing that with 360 right now but those votes include Kinect casuals, which begs the question, are they getting the right people to buy the console with that? It seems to me they are going somewhat in the middle of what Sony wants to do and what Nintendo wants to do.

How sure are you that these studios will keep the games coming in a healthy flow next-gen? After the first few years.
    Future, uncertain, always in motion...

Short answer who knows.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The question posed to Yoshida was simple: “Is it fair to say that all of the first party studios are working on PS4 games?” Yoshida’s answer was just as simple: “Is it fair or not fair? It is fair to say.”
    Source
    The PlayStation 4 will have the strongest software launch lineup in PlayStation history
    Source

That suggests to me that they do.

Anyway, as others have said...can't judge the "winner" before all contestants are in the race lol. It'll be a gud'n.
    Last edited by Ghost; 04-26-2013 at 07:56.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    The fact that the PS4 announcement ticked a lot of boxes, specially ones that hurt with the PS3, doesn't mean MS is not going to compete.

Let's not declare MS losers just yet. They did make the 360 after all, which is a reason the PS4 looks so nice.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Soldier 95B
    . But like I said, reap what you sow. You guys think everything MS is doing is perfect, so yea, don't complain at all and enjoy.
    As long as you don't include me in that blanket statement. We are good.

Thread Information