Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I'm skeptical of the TB\s claim, even with Esram that's seriously fast. I've not heard of any such figures being possible up until this point. How much Esram would they have been able to afford at those kinds of speeds? Further, doesn't that take up significant die space?
    To be honest, I think they could have afforded 500GB/s' worth of it. As for the rest, others have already said something about the stacking so need for me to parrot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    PlayGo should get around that issue.

[/FONT][/COLOR]http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/24/ps4s...ys-mark-cerny/
    Maybe. But what happens if there is no time to continue it? Will people be forced to quit the game to finish installation? Are the HDD sizes going to compensate for such large game libraries to have installed in them? What kind of HDD will be in the PS4? I'm rather skeptical about PlayGo's abilities, not from a software point of view but from a hardware stance.

Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    nice... nice... how much did that cost? Yeah thought so.
    Price is an irrelevant factor with me so come up with something better or go elsewhere.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Price is an irrelevant factor with me so come up with something better or go elsewhere.
    it is relevant to the creators of the system and the majority of people who are looking to purchase one. Why should I go elsewhere? Isn't this the Playstation forums... not Money No Object PC Gaming forum?

Perhaps if I bow down to my PC overlords i will be allowed to stay here?
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Stop arguing!!!! Can't you see you're tearing this family apart!?!?

4. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    we're getting a divorce, and its all your fault.

i must say the specs of this system are top notch considering the power consumption constraints of the EU.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Forum Sage

it is relevant to the creators of the system and the majority of people who are looking to purchase one. Why should I go elsewhere? Isn't this the Playstation forums... not Money No Object PC Gaming forum?

Perhaps if I bow down to my PC overlords i will be allowed to stay here?
    Price is irrelevant to me though. Regardless, Sony could do A LOT better in some areas. Blu-ray is a prime example. I have a 10x Blu-ray Burner in my PC that is as old as the PC itself which I bought for $150 at the time as a single unit. Apply economy of scale in bulk production and deliverance and it's not a stretch to think that Sony could easily afford to put a 10x or 12x Blu-ray drive in the PS4 for far less than what I paid for mine.

Anyway, I think you're all falling for the hype way too easily. You're setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    $150 is a lot for just a drive. and wholesale should be about half of that. I don't even think the GPU costs that much to make.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    $150 is a lot for just a drive. and wholesale should be about half of that. I don't even think the GPU costs that much to make.
    Yes, when Sony or MS buy a large chunk it is cheaper than a single PC gamer buying from their store of choice. Therefore comparing price is rather stupid because the hardware are similar if not the same when comparing to mid range PC build only differences is, one has discount the other doesn't. So when comparing, it is better not to focus on the price, but even if we did we would have to include the fact that a console can't do what all PC can non gaming wise. So when u add a gamer console, PS4 or Xbox(?) and their netbook, windows pc or tablet that they use for school, work, video editing, etc. The cost comes out the same as a $800 to $1000 PC which can do all of that + gaming, and more. But if people throw in the "I only care about the gaming side cause I have a computer/netbook for other things" than yes, PS4 or any other console is cheaper.

And just to throw it out there, u don't need a Titan or any $500 GPU to match the PS4. A mid range card would be more than enough, u can build a PC for around $800- $900. But if ur really conservative u can reuse old part from ur PC like RAM, HDD, Optical BD, PSU or the case and $900 would go down to $500. The only time a PC build pass $1000 is when ur in too deep in that thermal paste.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    we're getting a divorce, and its all your fault.

i must say the specs of this system are top notch considering the power consumption constraints of the EU.
    Will somebody PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Thread Information