Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Would you be so tolerant if pro-MS gifs were being dumped in the PS4 thread? I bet not since I always here you whining about xbox guys talking bad about Sony and the PS. Anyway I think both should be allowed.
    No one was banning anything...?
    #CrusadeContinues

"Tune in next? Is it admartian? Is it random guy that just signed in and registered to the site, excited for the next PlayStation?

Find out next..... only on PSU.com!"

Superior Member

I'll be watching on Spike TV. No need to worry about possible streaming issues that way.

I'm glad Microsoft didn't feel the need to react to the PS4 announcement by announcing the 720 early. In fact.... they are announcing it 9 days later in the month then they announced the Xbox 360 back in May of 2005.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    So we kazified the Internet during and after Sonys conference, what will they do for the Xbox?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    More Kaz & Mark lol

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Right now I think Mark is the better between the two.

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I, for one, am excited about MS' reveal. They might not top the PS4 reveal, but I am expecting a software powerhouse.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    I'll be watching on Spike TV. No need to worry about possible streaming issues that way.

I'm glad Microsoft didn't feel the need to react to the PS4 announcement by announcing the 720 early. In fact.... they are announcing it 9 days later in the month then they announced the Xbox 360 back in May of 2005.
    What would there be for MS to respond to anyway? We are all looking for them to debut the most important thing. The games.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    What would there be for MS to respond to anyway? We are all looking for them to debut the most important thing. The games.
    I was referring to those that said Microsoft needed to respond...that their silence was hurting them..... that they were scrambling to respond to the PS4 announcement. INSTEAD...... they are announcing it in May.... just like they did with the 360. That doesn't sound like a scramble.... that sounds more like ON THEIR PLANNED SCHEDULE!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I hope they show off some exclusives that aren't kinect related along with multiplats that wasn't at the ps4 reveal.

edit:Cool that you want to see kinect but as for the other games, I want to see something new(exclusive or muiltiplat).
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-26-2013 at 15:10.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I hope they show off some exclusives that aren't kinect related along with multiplats that wasn't at the ps4 reveal.
    As`long as they show games it's good. I hope they do include kinect2 because I want to see it.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'll be watching it on Spike TV. I just want to see some good games and the specs.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-29-2013 at 04:42.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I don't think they will show many games. I expect the console itself to be the highlight.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I full expect them to focus more on the console than anything else as well, also talking about their EA deal and throw in something about COD but the games I def think we will see in some way be it footage or announcement are

-New Halo
    -New Saga in Gears series
    -New Forza or PGR
    -2 new IP non kinetic games
    -New COD announced, yes it will be multiplatform but they will say something about how the next Xbox is the best version.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't think they will show many games. I expect the console itself to be the highlight.
    I know that. What I mean is at least SOME games.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    I full expect them to focus more on the console than anything else as well, also talking about their EA deal and throw in something about COD but the games I def think we will see in some way be it footage or announcement are

-New Halo
    -New Saga in Gears series
    -New Forza or PGR
    -2 new IP non kinetic games
    -New COD announced, yes it will be multiplatform but they will say something about how the next Xbox is the best version.
    so basically this gen but prettier graphics....no thank you. that will solidify what people are saying lol, i dont think it'll be wise for them to come out and show exactly those games you listed. i think everyone will much rather them show off brand new IP's that they'll establish for next gen and then milk the **** out of it (if it sells past 3-4 million), maybe even returning ones from the original xbox

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    so basically this gen but prettier graphics....no thank you. that will solidify what people are saying lol, i dont think it'll be wise for them to come out and show exactly those games you listed. i think everyone will much rather them show off brand new IP's that they'll establish for next gen and then milk the **** out of it (if it sells past 3-4 million), maybe even returning ones from the original xbox
    Lets be honest tho they are good at milking franchise(so is Sony but we not talking about them). Those IPS are "safe" to show as in they are established and people respond well to them so it make sense they will stick to it. Hopefully I am wrong because I am tired of the same rehashed IP this gen from both companies while good sleeper hits that should get a new franchise go unnoticed.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm reading the 56-page document and if they stick to the main points in it, it's going to sound very similar to the ps4's reveal.

Cloud gaming in 2015, live video streaming. Lots of things that makes more sense now. Gaming hints that pop up on screen, having sport scores across the bottom of the screen while gaming...Experiencing graphical upgrades that not possible on 720 hardware...

I think the doc spoiled their plans a little.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-26-2013 at 23:06.

18. Likes x_terna likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Well if you can read it, Im pretty sure Sony did. There would be no surprise on them doing the same features and showing them first.

The one that always strikes me as odd is the download the first bit then start playing, Sony still have not
    Implemented it and its merely a "plan" when Cerny talks about it.
    Last edited by mynd; 04-27-2013 at 02:41.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    I made a comment earlier after Sonys presentation, just like this generation the ps4 will release but it'll be a bare bone OS as opposed to all the **** they showed in February. They might get there eventually but those features they mentioned will not be on the ps4 from they one...and that is were ms always shines, whatever they show on 21st of may will be on the console from day one.

Owning a Sony console we should be used to that (I know I am, expectations on launch day is not high for me, as long as the games are there), is it Ok? Hell No but so is charging for online play but people still do it. It's just one of those things...but judging by the way the via turned out, I'll stay a little bit optimistic

Last edited by YoungMullah88; 04-27-2013 at 03:18.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The specs say this gen multiplied by 4. Both consoles are going to be much more than just prettier graphics. And I will have them both!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I made a comment earlier after Sonys presentation, just like this generation the ps4 will release but it'll be a bare bone OS as opposed to all the **** they showed in February. They might get there eventually but those features they mentioned will not be on the ps4 from they one...and that is were ms always shines, whatever they show on 21st of may will be on the console from day one.

Owning a Sony console we should be used to that (I know I am, expectations on launch day is not high for me, as long as the games are there), is it Ok? Hell No but so is charging for online play but people still do it. It's just one of those things...but judging by the way the via turned out, I'll stay a little bit optimistic

Yeah, I think Tretton has said as much...

Sony talked up the ability to play online games while they download, uploading and sharing gameplay video on the fly, and a lot of other cloud-based features that appear inspired by the recent purchase of Gaikai. Unfortunately, it's not yet clear what exactly will work out of the box. Jack Tretton, president and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America, sat down for an interview with Forbes and was asked if Sony's new fleet of cloud services would be available at launch. "I think it's aspirational on the device, as opposed to us standing up there, pounding the floor and saying the day this thing ships all this stuff will be there," Tretton replied. "I think it'll absolutely be there for the device, but I don't know whether it will be there for day one on the device."
    vs MS, as you say, what they show will be there, its pretty much guaranteed.

But I do agree, they need to make Live a lot more compelling, as of late, especially here in NZ, they seem to have taken **** away from us, not added it.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Power Member
    Items User name style

Yeah, I think Tretton has said as much...

Sony talked up the ability to play online games while they download, uploading and sharing gameplay video on the fly, and a lot of other cloud-based features that appear inspired by the recent purchase of Gaikai. Unfortunately, it's not yet clear what exactly will work out of the box. Jack Tretton, president and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America, sat down for an interview with Forbes and was asked if Sony's new fleet of cloud services would be available at launch. "I think it's aspirational on the device, as opposed to us standing up there, pounding the floor and saying the day this thing ships all this stuff will be there," Tretton replied. "I think it'll absolutely be there for the device, but I don't know whether it will be there for day one on the device."
    vs MS, as you say, what they show will be there, its pretty much guaranteed.

But I do agree, they need to make Live a lot more compelling, as of late, especially here in NZ, they seem to have taken **** away from us, not added it.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The specs say this gen multiplied by 4. Both consoles are going to be much more than just prettier graphics. And I will have them both!
    Not talking about specs, I know that aspect of the consooe has heen finalized. Its the features that'll be there day one, like the quote mynd posted...ill even go further and say most of the basic things we would expect will not be there from day one

PSN ID
    xDarkSlayer224x
    After being a hardcore PlayStation gamer through the entire lifespans of both PS1 and PS2, I conerted to X360 back in 06 due to the PS3's launch price tag of $599. I eventually came back around after all the greediness of Microsoft got to me. I am officially back with Sony and ready for the PlayStation 4! Xbox "720" or whatever it'll be called can fail miserably for all I care lol.

Superior Member

That's what happened with PS2 debut. They showed us all this jacked into the matrix crap and all these online features. Xbox Live came out 2 years with a few of those features. Sony's network was way behind even though they had made the big presentation about it in 1999. A lot of that stuff didn't hit a Sony console until a couple years after the PS3 launch. Xbox and more so the 360... were already there.

To me I see that as one of Sony's most embarrassing moments. They bragged and talked a whole lot about it. But Microsoft simply kept quiet and then ...bam...... dropped the Xbox Live bomb that went much further towards Sony's vision of online then Sony's own service did.

Most people didn't see that coming...including me. That's a very good example of the Sony hype machine. They showed all these pretty PowerPoint presentations of how bad ass their online was gonna be and Microsoft was the one that actually went the furthest towards fulfilling it right out of the gate and beyond.

Thread Information