Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 64

Thread: Dualshock 4

  1. #26
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,341
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    36,396 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    It was in the conference, wasn't it? Maybe it's not official but I read that somewhere. I'll pull up the link tomorrow, too late right now lol. But if it's free then damn, i'm all for it but i ain't payin $#@! for sharing some $#@!ty ass video lol.
    Share button is
    -Recording videos and sharing them
    -Taking screenshots and sharing them
    -Streaming gameplay

    Im not saying all will be free im saying all will most likely wont be behind a paywall.
    I imagine something like recording video and taking screenshots is free but streaming you have to pay for.
    It wasnt in the conference because they havent confirmed any pricing of anything yet. All they have mentioned is possible different tiers of paying.





  2. #27
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,014
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    40,362 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah I don't remember anything about paying to share or anything.

    here's a recent article I could find of it:
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/23/s...-share-button/

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  3. #28
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,341
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    36,396 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Yeah I don't remember anything about paying to share or anything.

    here's a recent article I could find of it:
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/23/s...-share-button/
    So Nathan Gary, creative director at Santa Monica Studio thought of the share button idea all by himself. I hope he gets a raise for that.





  4. #29
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,014
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    40,362 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah they LITERALLY did ask every developer for input.

    I just hope it's customisable. If not, then no big deal, but it'd be cool if you could make it serve an alternative function too.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  5. #30
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,341
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    36,396 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Yeah they LITERALLY did ask every developer for input.

    I just hope it's customisable. If not, then no big deal, but it'd be cool if you could make it serve an alternative function too.
    Someone should make a list of who suggested what.
    If i remember correctly the guys at Guerrilla Games suggested the new sticks and new triggers.
    I want to know what Naughty Dog suggested.





  6. #31
    Apprentice
    Felix336's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Age
    25
    Posts
    327
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    3,857 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Someone should make a list of who suggested what.
    If i remember correctly the guys at Guerrilla Games suggested the new sticks and new triggers.
    I want to know what Naughty Dog suggested.
    Yeah, I can't remember where I heard/read it, but iirc the triggers were a compromise between Guerrilla and Evolution.

  7. #32
    Superior Member
    GreatSpaceKoaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    17
    Points
    11,279 (0 Banked)
    Hey.... it's more like the Xbox controller then before. That's a good thing. I prefer offset sticks though. But definitely SONY's best controller to date.

    I'm wondering what market there is gonna be for 3rd party controllers? They will have to have six-axis, the light bar and the touchpad. I hope so cuz I want offset sticks. I hate sticks side by side. My thumbs always bump into each other in the heat of battle. Annoying as $#@!!

  8. #33
    Dedicated Member
    Equinoqs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Appalachian Mtns.
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Posts
    1,146
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    16,361 (0 Banked)
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    "Share" button...it's about goddamned time.


    Shut up and play games

  9. #34
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,280
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    105,160 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm not a big fan of that feature but I figure, if it's going to take up space on the controller and then it will likely take a huge chunk of the OS...why the f not keep it free? lol. That's my biggest gripe and I donno where I got that it was behind a pay wall but if you guys think it won't be, well then mathafakin rejoice!

  10. #35
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,303
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    23,158 (0 Banked)
    I suspect the gaikai service will be behind a pay wall. It's a cloud service....don't think I know of a single cloud service with the amount of storage they will need, being absolutely free. How many services tie into Gaikai will be the deciding factor on cost most likely.

  11. #36
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,280
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    105,160 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I suspect the gaikai service will be behind a pay wall. It's a cloud service....don't think I know of a single cloud service with the amount of storage they will need, being absolutely free. How many services tie into Gaikai will be the deciding factor on cost most likely.
    So do you think the sharing part will need cloud?

  12. #37
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,303
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    23,158 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    So do you think the sharing part will need cloud?
    See, I'm not sure. Sony said they had Ustream support. So theoretically it should stream straight to the Ustream website and bypass the cloud entirely. It's recording video that I'm unsure of, because that could end up either on the cloud or on the ps4 hard drive. It might be user choice, it might not be.

    If sony came out and said there was no fees for any of their services I'd be happy, but also very surprised. They are offering so much this time around that they must have some kind of tiered pricing plan in the works. Perhaps the more you pay, the more cloud space you get.

  13. #38
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,280
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    105,160 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    As long as I can use all the features that are built-in the OS or well, at least a feature that is taking up so much space and well a damn button on the controller lol. Otherwise, I don't care if they charge for that, now if they had a service like teamspeak/roger wilco and charged for that, i'd be pissed royally.

  14. #39
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,119
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    530 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    As long as I can use all the features that are built-in the OS or well, at least a feature that is taking up so much space and well a damn button on the controller lol. Otherwise, I don't care if they charge for that, now if they had a service like teamspeak/roger wilco and charged for that, i'd be pissed royally.
    Considering the video features have there own chip set, a video decoder my guess the impact on the hardware is low



    Thank you itachi

  15. #40
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,280
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    105,160 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Considering the video features have there own chip set, a video decoder my guess the impact on the hardware is low
    But not the RAM. Also, we're paying for that damn chip. Better not be a pay system...again, i don't care for the feature but if it's there, i don't wanna pay for it indirectly in many ways.

  16. #41
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,119
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    530 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    But not the RAM. Also, we're paying for that damn chip. Better not be a pay system...again, i don't care for the feature but if it's there, i don't wanna pay for it indirectly in many ways.
    consdering the ram is 512mb for OS supposedly that would easily cover the video recording



    Thank you itachi

  17. #42
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,280
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    105,160 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    consdering the ram is 512mb for OS supposedly that would easily cover the video recording
    Exactly my point but a different approach. They wouldn't need 512MB of RAM for OS if it weren't for this feature and if they still had reserved it, it could've been used for something else, something better. Just sayin right

  18. #43
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,119
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    530 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Exactly my point but a different approach. They wouldn't need 512MB of RAM for OS if it weren't for this feature and if they still had reserved it, it could've been used for something else, something better. Just sayin right
    TBH its one of the features i'm looking forward too.



    Thank you itachi

  19. #44
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,280
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    105,160 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    TBH its one of the features i'm looking forward too.
    I was going to add that I would like this feature but it's kinda like X-game-chat where I'd like it but don't wanna pay for it.

    This will not only mean a good amount of RAM being used but a chip dedicated for it, so I really hope you don't have to pay for it.

  20. #45
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,592
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    59,259 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My guess is the share utility is tied into Gaikai.

    Much like when using justin.tv or twitch, you do not stream tot he clients you stream to the service then it sends it to others to watch.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-26-2013 at 20:40.

  21. #46
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,280
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    105,160 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    My guess is the share utility is tied into Gaikai.

    Much like when using justin.tv or twitch, you do not stream tot he clients you stream to the service then it sends it to others to watch.
    So you think there will be a charge or no?

  22. #47
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,592
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    59,259 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Might be a charge to watch in full HD but who really knows.

  23. #48
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,280
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    105,160 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I really hope there are more things you can do other than just share a video...would be cool if it's linked to other things as well. But that could also mean more confusion so I doubt it. The whole point is to make it easy to share.

    All I gotta say is that somebody gonna be mad if they charged for sharing.

  24. #49
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,612
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    7,211 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It comes down to how well it's implemented. Let's plays are all the craze now.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  25. #50
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,280
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    105,160 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    It comes down to how well it's implemented. Let's plays are all the craze now.
    That's true...I think it will do well. I don't care for it but I know it will do well, not to mention, they know this gets your console out there...and games...it's like free advertisement. It's a genius plan and I'm glad it's at the center of their ideas.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.