Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 126
  1. #51
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    lol settle Gretel. That goes without saying - and I wasn't saying that it will be true. Let's all try not to get too thinned skin about these things, especially about these MS rumours.

    In any case; the point still stands.

    I'm not getting thin skinned. I just think it's so silly that some people are focused on this one rumor but choose to overlook the other ones.

  2. #52
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,003
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    9,940 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    1.online rumor
    2.New i.p support throughout the console cycle
    3.Price


    1.Must not be true.
    2.Is a must have. Due to how they handled the 360 in the 2nd half of its life, I'll be waiting about 3 or so years. Leeching off someone else's 720 in the meantime(like I did with the 360). It's like a trust issue. They have to win me over by wiping away my doubts in that area. If so, that's a win-win. I'll have the gaming support I want and will be able to pick up the older titles for a cheaper price.
    3.I don't want to pay over $400. $450 being the max limit(applies to ps4 also).

    Outside of that, I'm not concerned about anything else. OS features are a bonus to me. Graphics won't matter. I don't really want much.[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    If these rumors are true [...] that leaves me looking forward to exclusives only with the 720. And MS has a bad reputation in this area for big budget exclusives judging how they handled the 360. They have quite a bit to prove and that's going to take years of watching their gaming direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I agree. I'm definitely getting a PS4 but I may get a 720 way later in the generation if MS doesn't repeat the process that they did with the 360. But like you said that would take years of watching their gaming direction.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-26-2013 at 01:39.




  3. #53
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    1.online rumor
    2.New i.p support throughout the console cycle
    3.Price


    1.Must not be true.
    2.Is a must have. Due to how they handled the 360 in the 2nd half of its life, I'll be waiting about 3 or so years. Leeching off someone else's 720 in the meantime(like I did with the 360). It's like a trust issue. They have to win me over by wiping away my doubts in that area. If so, that's a win-win. I'll have the gaming support I want and will be able to pick up the older titles for a cheaper price.
    3.I don't want to pay over $400. $450 being the max limit(applies to ps4 also).

    Outside of that, I'm not concerned about anything else. OS features are a bonus to me. Graphics won't matter. I don't really want much.
    yea i hear you, but i don't think anyone is convinced that you will get the console regardless....lol As for those 3 areas, why wouldn't it have new ip support throughout it's life? Unless you care more about who publishes that IP.

  4. #54
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I just have this feeling the next Xbox is gonna be slick as ****. Plus they have a really strong fanbase, particularly in the US, coupled with a huge marketing budget - that's instant success as far as I'm concerned, and they probably know it too. They know what they're doing, afterall, they are the same company that has managed to generate insane revenue by charging their customers to play online.

    Anyway, despite all these rumours, I'm positive the console experience itself will be great - even for us "hardcore" gamers, or gamers that simply don't care for other entertainment on their console but video games.

  5. #55
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,326
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    30,870 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I'm not getting thin skinned. I just think it's so silly that some people are focused on this one rumor but choose to overlook the other ones.
    It is a big deal (if true) - which is why they are focused on it. If Sony were rumoured to have Move only controls then I can see why that would be the focal point; despite just being a rumour.Conversely, if the rumour wa only about MS not allowing for you to disconnect your Xbox while you were browsing the store or something like that (i.e. not that a big of a deal), then I would get your POV of why it is being focused on.Same thing with the used games thing before Sony announced - both are pretty big deal, and quite frankly, negative things (at this point in most gamer's gaming capabilities - we're not all part of the Gaming Master Races that have infallible internet connections/everything going perfect all the time ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I just have this feeling the next Xbox is gonna be slick as ****. Plus they have a really strong fanbase, particularly in the US, coupled with a huge marketing budget - that's instant success as far as I'm concerned, and they probably know it too. They know what they're doing, afterall, they are the same company that has managed to generate insane revenue by charging their customers to play online. Anyway, despite all these rumours, I'm positive the console experience itself will be great - even for us "hardcore" gamers, or gamers that simply don't care for other entertainment on their console but video games.
    If MS can go back to being gamer-centric with the layout of the XBox, then they'd be back in it in my books.Fanbase is strong, definitely - so strong that online-required isn't a big deal!
    Last edited by Admartian; 04-25-2013 at 23:27.

  6. #56
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,387
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    14,584 (0 Banked)
    I have a feeling this always online thing is true in some way I just hope it's not in the "evil" way.

  7. #57
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,326
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    30,870 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    I have a feeling this always online thing is true in some way I just hope it's not in the "evil" way.
    Remember that we have always online now - PS3/360 ,mobile phones, tablets etc - just not required to use the games etc.

    It's not a big deal if it's just an evolution/enhancement of what we have now. But if it were like what EA wants it to be then yeah.

    We have until the 21st to find out for sure.

  8. #58
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,003
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    9,940 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think some members believe that we'll have pc-like prices on consoles games if there is no used game market.




  9. #59
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    It is a big deal (if true) - which is why they are focused on it. If Sony were rumoured to have Move only controls then I can see why that would be the focal point; despite just being a rumour.Conversely, if the rumour wa only about MS not allowing for you to disconnect your Xbox while you were browsing the store or something like that (i.e. not that a big of a deal), then I would get your POV of why it is being focused on.Same thing with the used games thing before Sony announced - both are pretty big deal, and quite frankly, negative things (at this point in most gamer's gaming capabilities - we're not all part of the Gaming Master Races that have infallible internet connections/everything going perfect all the time ).If MS can go back to being gamer-centric with the layout of the XBox, then they'd be back in it in my books.Fanbase is strong, definitely - so strong that online-required isn't a big deal!
    Whatever happens people are either gonna buy it or just go elsewhere. I prefer the consoles to be more different than alike. MS has built a huge fanbase and I don't think they will jeopardize that in any way. I think after this reveal on the 21st the xbox will be the talk of the industry and it won't have anything to do with online required.

  10. #60
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,748
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    24,180 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post

    I've tried to warn people that this was all in play, but no one seems to want to listen.. Or worse, there are people who have the "My internet is always on anyway" mentality.. and it will be the cancer of gaming.
    my ps3 and 360 are always connected, so I don't see a problem with it.

    I'm sure those who whinge on about it being a bad thing will vote with there wallets and buy the system that fits there needs.
    I'm also sure that the data MS have will inform them on what way to go.

  11. #61
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    It is a big deal (if true) - If MS can go back to being gamer-centric with the layout of the XBox, then they'd be back in it in my books.
    Xbox has always been gamer- centric to me. They haven't published a huge amount of titles over the years but it's never been short on providing games to play.


    Fanbase is strong, definitely - so strong that online-required isn't a big deal!
    It's not a big deal. I hope it isn't true but it still won't stop me from buying the console. I'm being honest here. I think that it's better than some acting like they are actually interested when they have no intentions on getting it in the first place.

  12. #62
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,326
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    30,870 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Whatever happens people are either gonna buy it or just go elsewhere. I prefer the consoles to be more different than alike. MS has built a huge fanbase and I don't think they will jeopardize that in any way. I think after this reveal on the 21st the xbox will be the talk of the industry and it won't have anything to do with online required.
    I agree and disagree.

    I agree because there's no point owning both (especially if you're not a fan of Halo/Gears/Forza - all are the only ones that I can think of that can't be played on PC as well) if there's no true difference - and seeing as 3rd party exclusives are more or less dead, then yeah.

    The only reason why I 'disagree' is that how much more different could they be? Kinect/Move? Interchangeable. UI - XMB or Dahsboard? Again, fairly inconsequential.

    The only real differences (to me) are exclusives. Which is the reason to own both.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Xbox has always been gamer- centric to me. They haven't published a huge amount of titles over the years but it's never been short on providing games to play.




    It's not a big deal. I hope it isn't true but it still won't stop me from buying the console. I'm being honest here. I think that it's better than some acting like they are actually interested when they have no intentions on getting it in the first place.
    I'm not specifically talking about the games at all - save for the last year and a bit maybe. I'm more referring to the layout and how they present (i.e. want you to use) the console.

    Just open up the dashboard and count the games content advertised and presented - what they focus on, what is the first thing you see immediately; and how you can browse your games; compared to everything else.

    BUt Like i've alluded to elsewhere; this is very much addressable and fixable.

    If anything the next Xbox will probably (or rather, should be) customisable in the way you want it to 'greet' you and what is shown first and foremost. (like the windows phone ads to do with tiles etc)

    So if you're a media guy buying a next Xbox but also want to play a game here and there; then arrange accordingly. The same if you were a gamer etc.

    In thinking about it, that actually sounds cool.
    Last edited by Admartian; 04-26-2013 at 00:00.

  13. #63
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,788
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    11,924 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post

    It's not a big deal. I hope it isn't true but it still won't stopme from buying the console. I'm being honest here. I think that it's better than some acting like they are actually interested when they have no intentions on getting it in the first place.
    See thats the thing is this rumor is true the people who do not care it will not be affected by it and cant see the harm because they can not think past themselves. This is a bad thing if you admit to it or not. Sure it may not affect YOU(this is general not directed at you in particular:but thats what most seems to care about how affect themselves), but what of the people not online? You claim to be a "ranger" and if so you would know over seas internet is a luxuary when stationed in a war zone, and in some parts. Many military personal have an xbox 360 and this rumor if true will affect them the most. Not to mention not everyone is online, and some have crappy connections that often drop. I understand how people can see this as "not a big deal" because it doesn't affect them, but the reality is it is a big deal if rumors are true...IF
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  14. Likes D3seeker likes this post
  15. #64
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,326
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    30,870 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    See thats the thing is this rumor is true the people who do not care it will not be affected by it and cant see the harm because they can not think past themselves. This is a bad thing if you admit to it or not. Sure it may not affect YOU(this is general not directed at you in particular:but thats what most seems to care about how affect themselves), but what of the people not online? You claim to be a "ranger" and if so you would know over seas internet is a luxuary when stationed in a war zone, and in some parts. Many military personal have an xbox 360 and this rumor if true will affect them the most. Not to mention not everyone is online, and some have crappy connections that often drop. I understand how people can see this as "not a big deal" because it doesn't affect them, but the reality is it is a big deal if rumors are true...IF
    Agreed. (Need to spread rep).

    If it were Sony - I already know what you guys would be saying./have said about it if the rumours were the other way around. It would be the biggest deal since forever.

    Look, I'm not judging but...

    BE HONEST

  16. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
  17. #65
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post

    I'm not specifically talking about the games at all - save for the last year and a bit maybe. I'm more referring to the layout and how they present (i.e. want you to use) the console.

    Just open up the dashboard and count the games content advertised and presented - what they focus on, what is the first thing you see immediately; and how you can browse your games; compared to everything else.

    BUt Like i've alluded to elsewhere; this is very much addressable and fixable.

    If anything the next Xbox will probably (or rather, should be) customisable in the way you want it to 'greet' you and what is shown first and foremost. (like the windows phone ads to do with tiles etc)

    So if you're a media guy buying a next Xbox but also want to play a game here and there; then arrange accordingly. The same if you were a gamer etc.

    In thinking about it, that actually sounds cool.
    The layout is pretty awesome to me. Just navigate to whatever you want to use. Movies, games, apps, and everything else. If you don't want the dashboard then just change the settings to play a disc game on start up. It's really simple. The advertising isn't as bad either. At least not for me. It's always in the corner and you barley even know its there until you move the cursor over it. Xbox720's should be even better.


    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    See thats the thing is this rumor is true the people who do not care it will not be affected by it and cant see the harm because they can not think past themselves. This is a bad thing if you admit to it or not. Sure it may not affect YOU(this is general not directed at you in particular:but thats what most seems to care about how affect themselves), but what of the people not online? You claim to be a "ranger" and if so you would know over seas internet is a luxuary when stationed in a war zone, and in some parts. Many military personal have an xbox 360 and this rumor if true will affect them the most. Not to mention not everyone is online, and some have crappy connections that often drop. I understand how people can see this as "not a big deal" because it doesn't affect them, but the reality is it is a big deal if rumors are true...IF
    Well I can't speak for all military but video games in a war zone isn't really priority for me. IMO if a person gets to play lots of games then they aren't doing much of their job....lol And for the record, i would never "claim" to be something I'm not or haven't earned.

    I still don't think this online required thing will happen but if it does then either people will embrace it or go the other way. I'm going with it's not gonna happen until i hear MS say otherwise.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-26-2013 at 00:34.

  18. #66
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,809
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    156,039 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    yea i hear you, but i don't think anyone is convinced that you will get the console regardless....lol
    QFT +rep.

  19. #67
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    7,237 (0 Banked)
    I keep going back and forth. 90% of what I play are multi-plats so the exclusives aren't that big of a deal to me. I just don't like the always-on thing but I will wait for the details.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  20. #68
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,003
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    9,940 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    QFT +rep.
    There's plenty of other quotes I can dig up that you reacted to in a similar manner from something I said. My point, I've been saying this for months now when it comes to rumors about the 720.
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    If these rumors are true [...] that leaves me looking forward to exclusives only with the 720. And MS has a bad reputation in this area for big budget exclusives judging how they handled the 360. They have quite a bit to prove and that's going to take years of watching their gaming direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I agree. I'm definitely getting a PS4 but I may get a 720 way later in the generation if MS doesn't repeat the process that they did with the 360. But like you said that would take years of watching their gaming direction.
    You guys make me laugh. exposing 101. take notes.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-26-2013 at 04:07.




  21. #69
    Elite Member
    D3seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Severn, Maryland
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Posts
    1,675
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    387 (20,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim

    ....cause either way I'll most likely end up with both consoles despite my true affiliations. Just let me go back to being a spec hound like I was coming into this gen and we'll be good.

    And the always online thing will sit well with me..................................in 10 years when actual speed and coverage aren't issues anymore.


  22. #70
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I keep going back and forth. 90% of what I play are multi-plats so the exclusives aren't that big of a deal to me. I just don't like the always-on thing but I will wait for the details.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Same here. I do wanna see what certain devs have come up with using the new hardware,(like Naughty Dog and Rare) but my favorite games are not published by 1st party.

  23. #71
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Same here. I do wanna see what certain devs have come up with using the new hardware,(like Naughty Dog and Rare) but my favorite games are not published by 1st party.
    When I buy a game I go by the game, not by the publisher, developer or its "party". We have some great games which is the most important part.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  24. #72
    Superior Member
    TEJ2025's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    679
    Rep Power
    28
    Points
    1,452 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It's not a big deal. I hope it isn't true but it still won't stop me from buying the console. I'm being honest here. I think that it's better than some acting like they are actually interested when they have no intentions on getting it in the first place.
    Lets be honest. The next Xbox could $800, always online, and kinect mandatory and you'd still buy it.

    On-topic - I'll buy whatever system my friends buy. If they decide to get the next Xbox i'll get it.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

  25. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
  26. #73
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Lets be honest. The next Xbox could $800, always online, and kinect mandatory and you'd still buy it.
    Not $800 but the others don't really bother me. i'll still do it. I like using kinect sometimes and my devices are already online anyway.

    On-topic - I'll buy whatever system my friends buy. If they decide to get the next Xbox i'll get it.
    Sounds like you are a follower.

  27. #74
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Lets be honest. The next Xbox could $800, always online, and kinect mandatory and you'd still buy it.

    On-topic - I'll buy whatever system my friends buy. If they decide to get the next Xbox i'll get it.
    There will be people like that for any product, not just the consoles.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  28. #75
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,738
    Rep Power
    156
    Points
    64,635 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Sounds like you are a follower.
    Or he just likes to play online games with his friends.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.