Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    I see the pig tailed school girls are still arguing over the last jelly bean in the kindergarten yard!!!

this member posts this news, that member posts that news, this member defends that member defending this other member over this members statement

GROW THE $#@! UP!!!!!
    Absolutely.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    i will not hesitate to hack/mod my ps4 or the next xbox if the games require online connection to play sp games...and with ms running a version of windows 8 on the next box, i believe it will be easy to hack/mod
    Hackers are going always try to crack the system but they are going to crank it up to maximum levels if this online thing is true.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Hackers are going always try to crack the system but they are going to crank it up to maximum levels if this online thing is true.
    They'll have a hard ti,e doing so. Quite frankly, if this rumour is true or if say Sony ever did it; they (hackers) wouldn't be able to do it (imo).

If I'm not mistaken; isn't SimCity 5 still not hacked?

I doubt they'll be able to do it in a (more) closed environment like a console system. But I'm sure they'll sure as hell try!

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    They'll have a hard ti,e doing so. Quite frankly, if this rumour is true or if say Sony ever did it; they (hackers) wouldn't be able to do it (imo).

If I'm not mistaken; isn't SimCity 5 still not hacked?

I doubt they'll be able to do it in a (more) closed environment like a console system. But I'm sure they'll sure as hell try!
    I thought some had found a way to play offline? I haven't really payed too much attention to it. I just scanned a page or two on gaf when the drama was at its peak

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I thought some had found a way to play offline? I haven't really payed too much attention to it. I just scanned a page or two on gaf when the drama was at its peak
    *shrug*/

lol maybe. But even if that were the case- it's taken them so long (longer than 98% of other games) to hack. PLus I'd think it'd be harder to do on a console like the Xbox or PlayStation.

Unless they went the route of a hardware workaround; but that eliminates online capabilities.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    *shrug*/

lol maybe. But even if that were the case- it's taken them so long (longer than 98% of other games) to hack. PLus I'd think it'd be harder to do on a console like the Xbox or PlayStation.

Unless they went the route of a hardware workaround; but that eliminates online capabilities.
    Are hackers of the ps3/360 some how able to download patches that these devs release to fix bugs?

edit:Oh ok.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-26-2013 at 06:14.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Are hackers of the ps3/360 some how able to download patches that these devs release to fix bugs?
    YEah I''m sure of it. BUt with the latest updates; I don't personally know successful it has been. I mean, maybe they have been able to; but at the cost of online. I guess good for those that don't care about trophies, XBLA, PS+ etc. and just want to pirate offline/SP games.

lol which is exactly what online-required is made for - but sadly it hurts everyone else and only punishes an insignificant amount of gamers.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Not $800 but the others don't really bother me. i'll still do it. I like using kinect sometimes and my devices are already online anyway.

Sounds like you are a follower.
    More like a poor college student who would rather play games with his friends than play games by himself. Some of us don't have the money to buy every new device that comes out whenever they come out.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Banned

To Lefein....

It's not the matter of bringing possible bad Xbox 720 news to the forum. It's that certain posters contributions to the Xbox section are ONLY bad. How often are these same posters posting any good news to the discussion? Especially when it's clear as day they don't have the Xbox brand's best interests at heart.

So bottom line... It's not the message.... it's the usual messengers. If someone like Mynd had posted this, there would be no complaints because he at least has the Xbox brand's best interests at heart based on his post history.

When you are only in a thread to harp on about bad news, that's just trolling. That's a buzzkill..... a killjoy.... a Debby downer...... a guy out to harsh my mellow.

On to the discussion of the thread.....

Amazing to see people STILL harping on about this always on thing and how it's gonna have people running away.

Let's see here....

They said that about the 360 when they decided to stick with the DVD format...... for not having full BC for the Xbox.... for charging to play online.... for going casual with Kinect....for not having HDMI or Wi-Fi built-in..... for having an expensive proprietary hard drive... etc etc etc.

So folks... how did those doom and gloom 360 predictions work out for ya? The only exodus I saw this gen was AWAY from Sony..... not Microsoft. That's the fact. Come up with any reason you want for that. But Microsoft tripled it's console base. What did Sony do?

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    To Lefein....

It's not the matter of bringing possible bad Xbox 720 news to the forum. It's that certain posters contributions to the Xbox section are ONLY bad. How often are these same posters posting any good news to the discussion? Especially when it's clear as day they don't have the Xbox brand's best interests at heart.

So bottom line... It's not the message.... it's the usual messengers. If someone like Mynd had posted this, there would be no complaints because he at least has the Xbox brand's best interests at heart based on his post history.

When you are only in a thread to harp on about bad news, that's just trolling. That's a buzzkill..... a killjoy.... a Debby downer...... a guy out to harsh my mellow.
    Yes, but with all due respect, I also think that this is the beginning of drawing factions in the forum community. It was something that became a pretty big problem in the past. We can't war amongst each other because there is a Playstation community and an XBox community. We are one community. We are a hegemony. There needs to be some common interest that binds us together or we will simply devolve into console wars again and again. The Xbox Section must be where we come to discuss XBox. Whether the news is good or not, the long-term picture is that there will one day be an XBox 1440 and a 2880 and a 5760.. If you rewind the clock back to 2005 and 2006 on this forum, you'll see a WHOLE TON of bad news bear topics in the PS3 section, but those days came and went.

Like I said.. Even I've tried to play nice lately and just not post some of the things I see because there is this.. siloing in or faction drawing going on all over again. Perhaps a Mod or Admin can weigh in on the topic, but the decision needs to be made on whether this is a place where we can discuss the issues pertaining to Xbox, if this is a safe haven for a different fanbase to talk about whatever they want to talk about and the rules are different, or if there should even be an XBox section of the forum due to what is looking more and more like a "bad news" generation for MS.

If that's not being objective and fair, then I don't know what is. But, those are the choices in all reality.

On to the discussion of the thread.....

Amazing to see people STILL harping on about this always on thing and how it's gonna have people running away.

Let's see here....

They said that about the 360 when they decided to stick with the DVD format...... for not having full BC for the Xbox.... for charging to play online.... for going casual with Kinect....for not having HDMI or Wi-Fi built-in..... for having an expensive proprietary hard drive... etc etc etc.

So folks... how did those doom and gloom 360 predictions work out for ya? The only exodus I saw this gen was AWAY from Sony..... not Microsoft. That's the fact. Come up with any reason you want for that. But Microsoft tripled it's console base. What did Sony do?
    May 21st the dust will settle on the issue. Personally, I look forward to the dialogue going back to the games.. I do think having an always-on console is a terrible idea and will bomb commercially. If you went to as many forums as I do, you'd see that the reaction is overwhelmingly negative toward it.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    You know the irony of all this...

I did post this exact news two weeks ago.

lol. We didn't get this many pages last time..

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post

Can't have that - give me the link and I'll spam the $#@! out of it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post

May 21st the dust will settle on the issue. Personally, I look forward to the dialogue going back to the games.. I do think having an always-on console is a terrible idea and will bomb commercially. If you went to as many forums as I do, you'd see that the reaction is overwhelmingly negative toward it.
    And there was overwhelmingly negative reactions across the net forums over the RROD ....arguably the worst PR disaster in console history.... and mass exodus was predicted then. And like all the other predictions of the 360... it didn't happen.

You could be right..... but it would likely be about the only time you have been right. Cuz the prediction success rate when it pertains to the Xbox platform has been horrible! Right?!? RIGHT?!?!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post

The way I look at it, the fact that he had a couple of weeks after the first time he posted about it to be corrected and then put it up on his blog again yesterday is more of a tacit admission that it is closer to the truth than anything I have seen to the contrary. I think that has a lot to do with the $#@!-storm than anything else.

Cuz the prediction success rate when it pertains to the Xbox platform has been horrible! Right?!? RIGHT?!?!
    I never could have predicted how lock-step the gaming press and media would go with MS to smear the PS3 during its launch year. We'll have to save that debate for another time, though.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    More like a poor college student who would rather play games with his friends than play games by himself. Some of us don't have the money to buy every new device that comes out whenever they come out.
    But you'll buy whatever your friends buy....lol I can afford to so it's really not my problem because you can't.

I never could have predicted how lock-step the gaming press and media would go with MS to smear the PS3 during its launch year.
    .... even though I bought PS3 at launch it was mostly their own fault though.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-26-2013 at 15:18.

Banned

I never could have predicted how lock-step the gaming press and media would go with MS to smear the PS3 during its launch year. We'll have to save that debate for another time, though.
    Lockstep? No. Turned on Sony? I'll agree with you there to an extent. Lockstep (no hyphen BTW) implies coordination of the press and media. There is no evidence of that.

I think the only problems the press had with the PS3 was it's launch price and Sony's arrogance in promoting it. Beyond those two things..... and the minor complaints of the cheap plastic, bad triggers and too light weighted feel of the rumble-less original PS3 controller.... they liked the console otherwise. They also went on to praise a lot of it's games like Killzone 2, Uncharted, MGS 4, Little Big Planet, etc. So they gave it plenty of love.

So I think smear is too strong of a word to describe what happened. Remember.... the RROD was not glossed over by the press. In fact they kept hounding Microsoft over it. Remember when they got the famous "Y'know, things break" quote out of Peter Moore? They hounded him and Microsoft over RROD for months. Sony fans were having a field day with their RROD avatars and sigs drawing constant attention to it. So no... the press wasn't in MS's pocket as many imply.

Also remember that the press can only do so much to influence the buying public. How many times have we seen movie critics in droves rake a movie sequel over the coals telling people not to go see it, only to have the public ignore them and make it a blockbuster hit anyways?

And BTW.... I wasn't drawing attention to what you COULDN'T have predicted. I'm drawing attention to what WAS predicted and DIDN'T happen. And a lot of predictions didn't happen.

That's why I laugh at the predictions being made NOW. It's as if the history of this current gen has taught you guys nothing. That what you'd THINK would happen, didn't. And what you THOUGHT wouldn't happen....did.

Here's my prediction. I think the press will praise the PS4 and the 720 about equally this time around.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Amen to that.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    media companies will only support who gave them more money, lol. Thinking otherwise is funny. USA press supporting MS product is plausible outcome. Off topic : Oh and not telling someone "you can't afford it, not my problem because I can" was taught to me around age 7 or so, just saying...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    But you'll buy whatever your friends buy....lol I can afford to so it's really not my problem because you can't.
    Wow. What a rotten attitude.

Superior Member
    I agree. If all of your friends play console "A" it makes it difficult to buy console "B" and be left out of the loop. I would definitely rather play with friends.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Superior Member
    It's just the same old rehashed stuff though. Can you honestly say that every rumor you've heard is really bad outside of this online required one? I'm more excited about the things we haven't rumors about.
    The used game thing has me concerned and that is a major drawback IF true. Also, I wonder if this custom built AMD chip is going to be less PC like and more like the PS3. I'm not technical enough to understand it all but I thought I read somewhere that it might not be as easy to program for whereas the PS4 will be.

Again, it's all rumor and I need to take it all with a grain of salt. It's just unsettling for me.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    The used game thing has me concerned and that is a major drawback IF true. Also, I wonder if this custom built AMD chip is going to be less PC like and more like the PS3. I'm not technical enough to understand it all but I thought I read somewhere that it might not be as easy to program for whereas the PS4 will be. Again, it's all rumor and I need to take it all with a grain of salt. It's just unsettling for me.
    Blocking used games is something even Sony said they will leave up to publishers as well. So both systems will run into that. But what concerns me with Durango is the whole must be connected DRM fiasco.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-26-2013 at 21:04.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Wow. What a rotten attitude.
    yea , but it only about video games consoles.

I agree. If all of your friends play console "A" it makes it difficult to buy console "B" and be left out of the loop. I would definitely rather play with friends.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    So would I but have to take into consideration that you may not be the only person who uses it in the household.

The used game thing has me concerned and that is a major drawback IF true. Also, I wonder if this custom built AMD chip is going to be less PC like and more like the PS3. I'm not technical enough to understand it all but I thought I read somewhere that it might not be as easy to program for whereas the PS4 will be.

Again, it's all rumor and I need to take it all with a grain of salt. It's just unsettling for me.
    Maybe. I really don't see MS not going with great dev tools like they did with the 360. If windows 8 is a part of the console this opens up more possibilities.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-26-2013 at 21:07.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Deleted the derailing posts.

If you want to discuss Sony's patent, there's a thread for that:

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...and-game-sales

Superior Member
    And there was overwhelmingly negative reactions across the net forums over the RROD ....arguably the worst PR disaster in console history.... and mass exodus was predicted then. And like all the other predictions of the 360... it didn't happen.
    Here's the thing, only the most hardcore are in forums. A much larger portion of gamers don't visit forums then do visit forums. And many of the ones that do, do so just to complain about the competing console. The ones that you see are the same over and over in different forums.

And besides, look who you're debating with. You could say the sky is blue and there would be a dissenting opinion.

Thread Information