Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Here Comes the Next Xbox(surprising 720 details inside) - Paul Thurrott(insider)

http://windowsitpro.com/paul-thurrot...inInfo+News%29
    Early announce. The initial reveal date was pushed back from April 24 to May 21 so that Microsoft could better position the device against the PlayStation 4, which Sony announced in late February.

Full (end user) announce. Microsoft will fully reveal details about the next Xbox, including the launch lineup of games, on the eve of the E3 tradeshow in early June 2013.

Developer announce
    ? It appears that Microsoft will discuss the next Xbox developer platform at the Build conference in San Francisco in late June, based on clues on the Build web site.

Launch
    . The next Xbox will launch in early November 2013.

Windows 8 Core. The next Xbox is based on the "Core" (base) version of Windows 8. This suggests a common apps platform or at least one that is similar to that used by Windows 8, and further than Microsoft could open up this platform to enthusiast developers. (That last bit is supposition on my part.)

Price. Microsoft will initially offer two pricing models for the console, offering a standalone version for $499 and then a $299 version that requires a two-year Xbox LIVE Gold commitment at an expected price of $10 per month.

No entertainment box. Microsoft originally planned to offer both a “full” version of the next Xbox (with video game playing capabilities) and a lower-end entertainment-oriented version, codenamed “Yuma,” that did not provide video gaming capabilities. But plans for Yuma are on hold and no pure entertainment version of the next Xbox will appear in 2013 (or possibly ever).

Blu-ray. The next Xbox will include a Blu-ray optical drive.

Internet-connected. The next Xbox must be internet-connected to use. This is source of the “always on”/“always online” rumors and isn’t as Draconian as many seem to believe.

Another Xbox 360. Microsoft will also deliver a third generation Xbox 360 console this year that will be significantly less expensive than the current models. The new 360 is codenamed “Stingray,” but it’s not clear if this device is required because the next Xbox isn’t backwards compatible, or because Microsoft simply wants a low-cost entertainment box alternative. (A third possibility, and to be clear these possible reasons are all speculative: The 360 simply has life left in it and with dwindling component prices in the 8 years since the original launch, the firm can still make money selling such a device.)
    Yes, I know the reveal is next month. Also read my sig. BUT if this turns out to be true then...
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-25-2013 at 16:23.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    You are like a Master News Ferret!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    More like a master negative Xbox rumors ferret. lol

4. Dislikes Two4DaMoney , YoungMullah88 is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Soldier 95B
    Yup, looking good!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    More like a master negative Xbox rumors ferret. lol
    Let's be fair a moment here. Every time there was a rumor be it good or bad for the Playstation, we had it up and running. We can't just exist in a bubble here and there's little point in trying. To refuse to do so is to promote ignorance.

We must seek to be well-informed. MS will reveal the console soon enough. In the meantime, the whole internet is going to be awash in speculation and rumors. We just have to..

It's not like our fellow forum members are actually writing the articles posted.
    20 MB signatures are, in fact, not acceptable. Please adhere to the rules. Thanks.

7. Likes Two4DaMoney wishes they had posted this first.
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Internet-connected. The next Xbox must be internet-connected to use. This is source of the “always on”/“always online” rumors and isn’t as Draconian as many seem to believe.

Windows 8 Core. The next Xbox is based on the "Core" (base) version of Windows 8. This suggests a common apps platform or at least one that is similar to that used by Windows 8, and further than Microsoft could open up this platform to enthusiast developers. (That last bit is supposition on my part.)
    This what sounds very bad to me. Windows 8 sucks unless on a tablet style pc. Always conencted to internet will lose sales. Especially here in US where not everyone that owns an Xbox is online, and what about our military guys over seas? This is a very bad bad move.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

9. Likes Shingo wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    edit:nvm that part lol. not important to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    This what sounds very bad to me. Windows 8 sucks unless on a tablet style pc. Always conencted to internet will lose sales. Especially here in US where not everyone that owns an Xbox is online, and what about our military guys over seas? This is a very bad bad move.
    Win 8 will probably work well with kinect 2.0.

The internet crap is my biggest problem. I refuse to deal with it
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-25-2013 at 17:45.

Superior Member
    Sounds pretty Draconian to me. If it must be connected to use then it must be connected to use. Sounds pretty simple to me. This is a dealbreaker for me I believe.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    That is why MS has big plans for Smart Glass for the next xbox..

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    It wont have to be connected to play media blu ray movies.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Let's be fair a moment here. Every time there was a rumor be it good or bad for the Playstation, we had it up and running. We can't just exist in a bubble here and there's little point in trying. To refuse to do so is to promote ignorance.

We must seek to be well-informed. MS will reveal the console soon enough. In the meantime, the whole internet is going to be awash in speculation and rumors. We just have to..

It's not like our fellow forum members are actually writing the articles posted.
    But some "fellow members" post ONLY negative articles or have ONLY negative comments in a certain section. Big difference from that and "existing in a bubble." I have no problem with balanced posting.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-25-2013 at 18:03.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    It wont have to be connected to play media blu ray movies.
    So what? If it has to be connected to play games then I'm out.

Soldier 95B
    I hear Windows 8 is great, when you are running in the classic desktop UI mode. I will never by any Microsoft crap besides the games/console though. Mac for me all the way.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    But some "fellow members" post ONLY negative articles or have ONLY negative comments in a certain section. Big difference from that and "existing in a bubble." I have no problem with balanced posting.
    I've learned to become zen with it. Some of us go to one side of the internet for info and others stay within their own little circle. Then there's people like me who see it all come in at larger forums and I've come to think that it's just the nature of the beast.

Now, what I can't stand is when people go bonkers on the same rumor and post a source that quoted another source that quote a source that was another source's little sister's husband's source that is confirming what the same source of the rumor running last week's source confirmed about the same rumor running a month ago.. That annoys the piss out of me, but an original source or a valid insider putting some info out there? Yeah, bring that shit on. I want to know and I don't care who posts it.

It also deserves to be said, that at least in my case, if I find bad news about the XBox I'll just link the article and ask what people's thoughts are. Even staying neutral can bring on the dogs of console war, though. Can't be helped.. In fact, several times I've waited a day or two before posting news just so I WOULDN'T be that guy.. But I'm still that guy lol
    20 MB signatures are, in fact, not acceptable. Please adhere to the rules. Thanks.

Forum Elder
    from the Paul Thurott post, i'd say my wife will like it very much if she can play win phone / win 8 games on Xbox. via Kinect or Smart-glass.

with the two price models i take it, $499 and a yearly sub for LIVE or $299 and a 2 year contract of £10 month.
    contract is the way then.

as regards internet connected, not a real problem at all for me, unless it's always on to be able to play games and then it could be a slight problem, but only slight.

El Presidente
    Everything sounds ok but the biggest question is the internet connection thing. What exactly does it need internet to do? It isn't clear and I don't know if I can play single player without internet. The way its worded makes it sound bad.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Soldier 95B
    Always on internet, if true, is not a concern for me. I welcome it. But I know others don't have that ability. Hopefully they have a work around for them.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Always on internet, if true, is not a concern for me. I welcome it. But I know others don't have that ability. Hopefully they have a work around for them.
    I don't understand people like you at all.

Tell us the benefit to having this when it comes to games? I'm not talking about updating in the background either. I'm talking about having to be connected in order to play a single player game.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

Tell us the benefit to having this when it comes to games? I'm not talking about updating in the background either. I'm talking about having to be connected in order to play a single player game.
    You missed the part where I said I was concerned for others. My internet is always on, single player or not single player, so I am not concerned for ME. I am for others though.

Do you get that?

23. Likes Yungstar 2006 wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself

That part of it pissed me off...it won't affect me since I have an always on connection, but the fact they (rumored) won't let you play a game without being connected is just ridiculous! If they do launch with that, I see a firmware update coming out shortly after to correct the 'problem'

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    That part of it pissed me off...it won't affect me since I have an always on connection, but the fact they (rumored) won't let you play a game without being connected is just ridiculous! If they do launch with that, I see a firmware update coming out shortly after to correct the 'problem'
    I wish I shared your optimism, but just watch. It's probably a HUGE play to leverage publisher support. If the next Xbox takes off real well, prepare to see XBox win over a lot of exclusive content or even franchises from third party as a result. That's not a chip that MS will let go of anytime soon.

I've tried to warn people that this was all in play, but no one seems to want to listen.. Or worse, there are people who have the "My internet is always on anyway" mentality.. and it will be the cancer of gaming.

For the past generation and into the next, I've been labeled every terrible thing under the sun that a "fanboy" could be named. I've been called out personally. I've been ganged up on. I've been permanently infracted. I've been banned. This whole time, I've been merely playing the role of resistance fighter for the gamer. I've rued this day for a long time.. But the money talks.. and now you know why I do what I do.
    Last edited by Lefein; 04-25-2013 at 19:00.

26. Likes Kauldron wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece

This is just like dlc , "I am ok with a dlc with 3 hours content but not ok with one hour content", some of us will accept some of us won't, that is just so simple

@Lefein when you say :
    Let's be fair a moment here.
    it sounds hilarious
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    You missed the part where I said I was concerned for others. My internet is always on, single player or not single player, so I am not concerned for ME. I am for others though.

Do you get that?
    I didn't miss shit. I asked how is it a good thing for single player games? Do you not GET that it's a specific damn question I asked?
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I don't get people blindly accepting it(if true) and not questioning the benefits from having such a model.

Multiplayer games will need to be connected to play online anyways. Grouping in single player games into this model doesn't make sense other than blocking used games.

I'd share this exact same opinion if it was related to the ps4 also.---for those that want to cry "bias".
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-25-2013 at 19:16.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Think it's safe to say the rumours/sources of online-required are stronger than those saying otherwise, but there's still a degree of disagreement, unlike the machine's hardware specs

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Think it's safe to say the rumours/sources of online-required are stronger than those saying otherwise
    Indeed. Should be interesting to see, if true, how that works. It is clearly designed as a 2nd hand game deterrent, and DRM. If companies like Activision and their Call of Duty game support this, more than likely we will see it trickle into the other consoles for consistency. Or on that token, REMOVED from a system for consistency if it turns out to be a failure feature/security implementation.

Thread Information