Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

Will we EVER have world peace?

Will we? Will all peoples and nations someday live in complete harmony? Will North Korea and South Korea give each other a hug?

Is world peace just like Santa Claus, part of the imagination or some unrealistic?

Bonus Question:
    If the world had one leader or one government for the whole world, would that bring world peace? Is that what's necessary to bring world peace?

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    There will be world peace when we are all dead.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

3. Likes Lebowski , MjW , PSgamer28 likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I honestly don't thinl theyll be world peace. There will always be a "bad egg" that will influence a group of people to do crazy stuff.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Probably not anytime soon.

Heck, we can't speculate (or make jokes/light of the matter) about a $#@!ing electronic gaming machine without people freaking the $#@! out - let alone world peace!

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

6. Likes F34R likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    No.

Master Sage
    World Peace isn't possible while the humans are here.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Only if/when the population as a whole has to band together in common interest and effectively become one state. Like, for example, alien contact or a war with an Earth colony. The same way countries emerged from squabbling city states and fiefdoms centuries ago.

Conflict is in human nature so the only thing that will stop conflict between nations is greater conflict on a larger scale

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    There will be world peace when we are all dead.
    That's right friend.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Nope and if we do THAT will be the end of the world. It is foretold the world will have two years of peace before Armageddon. So long as we all at war I can remain clam, when peace hits stock up time for everything.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    I hate to be the one to say this, but world peace would be incredible horrible, the impact it could have would be bad, world peace would mean the death rate would lower tremendously, which sounds jolly good but unless the amount born is lowered would mean over population a lot faster.

Also as we would have to have no free will or atleast no real free speech.

Thank you itachi

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    I hate to be the one to say this, but world peace would be incredible horrible, the impact it could have would be bad, world peace would mean the death rate would lower tremendously, which sounds jolly good but unless the amount born is lowered would mean over population a lot faster.

Far, far more people die of a number of diseases than are killed in war.

Would it be worse than incredibly horrible if we cured cancer? If malaria was wiped out?

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Far, far more people die of a number of diseases than are killed in war.

Would it be worse than incredibly horrible if we cured cancer? If malaria was wiped out?
    True I guess but unless we find a balance eitherway things could just get worse.

Thank you itachi

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Only if/when the population as a whole has to band together in common interest and effectively become one state. Like, for example, alien contact or a war with an Earth colony. The same way countries emerged from squabbling city states and fiefdoms centuries ago.

Conflict is in human nature so the only thing that will stop conflict between nations is greater conflict on a larger scale
    Well said. That could happen, and would be really interesting to see develop. I believe for the world to become 'one nation', would mean many countries fighting for dominance. Since that's how a lot of city-states were unified.

I doubt peacefully you could solve such unity issues (like the whole Israel Palestine issue), so there would have to be a lot of bloodshed to achieve world peace. But then you have to question if forcing others into 'one nation' is truly achieving lasting peace. But at this point I'm getting off-track.

In short, no.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post

In a world full of peace, all the government has to do is what Japan does: limit the amount of kids. It may not be Japan, but one Asian country only allows couples to have 2 children. That would stop the world from over populating.

I think there can be world peace with freedom of speech. Why not? No war would start over something someone said.

Here's a question for the people who said "No",

If the world had one government or one ruler, would your answer still be "No"?

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post

Of course because there would be rebellions trying to over through the power in charge because in some country people would disagree with how things are ran and try to over take the government.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dat Guy
    In a world full of peace, all the government has to do is what Japan does: limit the amount of kids. It may not be Japan, but one Asian country only allows couples to have 2 children. That would stop the world from over populating.

I think there can be world peace with freedom of speech. Why not? No war would start over something someone said.

Unless people are drugged or brainwashed there would be a lot of riots about the limiting of children, problem with all this would be the few would have power over everyone, and if we are taught anything its that power corrupts.

Thank you itachi

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games

Things that would cause open rebellions in various parts of the world:

Dominant Religion
    Dominant Race
    Cultural beliefs vs whatever the gov't is trying to enforce

Since we're being vague, whatever the gov't or ruler does will piss off at least a couple hundred million people. And regardless of where you hail, if something the ruler/gov't does that suppresses your way of life, survivability or beliefs, there's high chance for war.
    Last edited by Sir_Scud; 04-26-2013 at 00:46.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Think u maybe are thinking of china and they only allow one child.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Veteran
    World peace although sounds great would be devastating for our planet, all progress would slow to a halt unless... you know we were fighting the covenant from Halo....well actually pretty much what happens in halo will happen with history/future give or take a few small changes. like we might or might not ever make contact

Started the Big Sexy Signature Revolution
    Should I sue Microsoft for taking my Name? Cutting it in half and making it into a crap excuse for a search engine....If you think I can win, lets do this

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Never, way too many morons in the world to allow that.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Think u maybe are thinking of china and they only allow one child.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Darn! I thought it was two!

Forum Sage

There will never be world peace. To think so is to be naive. We will never come together in common interest and then be at peace with each other. Fact of the matter is that the problems humanity has are problems that can't just be washed away by some common threat, enlightenment or intellect. The problems we face won't magically go away because people wish it so. This isn't to mention man's inherent self-destructive nature.

We are by far, the most destructive species on the planet. We nuke each other, gas each other, bomb each other and impose our will on each other as if we have a divine right to rule over one another. We screw each other over in every way imaginable and say to hell with the consequences and once those consequences come home to roost, we push them onto the next generation of ourselves as if they will somehow have it all figured out all the while handicapping them based on some medieval ideology we've boxed ourselves into imposed by our predecessors.

25. Likes PSgamer28 likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    there was "Peace" when the Romans conquered most of Europe. in fact, it is the longest known period of peace that has been observed, if i recall correctly.
    as long as there are conflicting ideologies, peace will be something that will be difficult to obtain. there isn't enough common ground between countries to facilitate a cohesive relationship.
    each must look after their own above all else.

assuming we're talking about countries of course.

about individual people....people are stupid
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

27. Likes PSgamer28 likes this post
    PSN ID
    breakend28
    Man I've thought about this a lot since I could remember! World Peace... I'd love to think it will happen someday. So few of us think unlike the people in power... It is possible I think but it will not happen in our lifetime.

PSN ID
    breakend28
    "We Tried To Be Decent Men in a Indecent Time"
    Last edited by PSgamer28; 04-26-2013 at 08:15.

Thread Information