PSN ID
    foxwarrior88

PS3 Motherboard Repair

Is there actually any way what so ever to fix a PS3's motherboard? And I'm not just talking simple YLOD. The problem first started when my PS3 would overheat mid-game and automatically shut its self off (red light would flash before I would have to press the power button again). Since my warranty was voided, I sent my system over to a repair service to see if they could fix it. What they actually wound up doing was making the problem worse. The new problem was that now the system was giving me the YLOD.

So I decided to try a second repair service to see if they could at least repair my YLOD problem. A few days later I called the repair service up and all they would tell me is that it was a motherboard problem and they would be unable to fix it. When I got back home with my system I did my usual Heat Gel fix that I would usually do with other friend's PS3's to see if it would work, but all that happened was that when I would turn on my system, it would go quiet and the screen would freeze at the HDMI port detection screen. I tried turning off and then back on again, but the system wouldn't even bother to load up the PS3 screen anymore.

Does anybody know what the problem could be and if so, is it repairable?

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Did they charge you for not fixing it?

PSN ID
    foxwarrior88
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Did they charge you for not fixing it?
    Both the first repair service and the second repair service had a 100% money back guarantee if they couldn't fix it.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well that is good.
    My guess is its not fixable and best just buy a new PS3. The new super slim 12GB will do since you have the drive from your existing PS3.

Thread Information