Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Variety indeed, now include all the other genre they (Sony) also have, as opposed to pumping out halo and gears every other year...sprinkled with forza

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    The only two I can think of are Heavy Rain and God of War.

The myth of "variety" is exactly that.

(I wont argue that Sony bought all there games at the end of this gen).

Cart racer did you say? What like Viva Pinata Party Animals I say.
    Last edited by mynd; 05-02-2013 at 07:39.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    The only two I can think of are Heavy Rain and God of War.

The myth of "variety" is exactly that.

(I wont argue that Sony bought all there games at the end of this gen).

Cart racer did you say? What like Viva Pinata Party Animals I say.
    So ratchet and clank and sly cooper is now a shooter? So is little big planet? And the kart racer? Oh I get PASBR is an fps because it has a character from killzone! Smh, i don't blame you, You don't own the console, so I doubt you'll know what games Sony has released so there's no need in making a list (pretty sure someone else will do it for me)

Wtf are you talking about? Sony bought all there games at the end of this gen? What (Kevin hart voice)

Last edited by YoungMullah88; 05-02-2013 at 08:31.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    So ratchet and clank and sly cooper is now a shooter? So is little big planet? And the kart racer? Oh I get PASBR is an fps because it has a character from killzone! Smh, i don't blame you, You don't own the console, so I doubt you'll know what games Sony has released so there's no need in making a list (pretty sure someone else will do it for me)

Wtf are you talking about? Sony bought all there games at the end of this gen? What (Kevin hart voice)

I wasn't saying they were all shooters.
    I was just saying that both did their equal amounts of different generes.

Viva Piniata,PGR, Kameo, Banjo Kazooie, Crackdown, Alan Wake all aren't FPS's either.

And for the record, I'm pretty sure I could name all the Sony First party titles. Probably by release too.

I don't run around making blanket statement about this console has more variety in games than that without backing my $#@! up.

MS exclusive lists was very heavy at the start of the gen, and trialed off.
    Sony's was the reverse.
    Last edited by mynd; 05-02-2013 at 10:26.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style

Viva Piniata,PGR, Kameo, Banjo Kazooie, Crackdown, Alan Wake all aren't FPS's either.

And for the record, I'm pretty sure I could name all the Sony First party titles. Probably by release too.

I don't run around making blanket statement about this console has more variety in games than that without backing my $#@! up.

Sony's was the reverse.
    Sonys was the reverse? Seriously?

No point in arguing with you or doing it in this thread, the mods will clean it up (when they wake up lol)

Anyways, any exclusive is welcomed regardless of the genre, I'm pretty sure MS needs it more than Sony....it'll probably find it's way to a Sony console, they always do. All this bickering is pointless

Last edited by YoungMullah88; 05-02-2013 at 11:02.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Sonys was the reverse? Seriously?
    NOt sure if you are serious, ask anyone how many Sony exclusives there was prior to 2009 compared to 360's.

No point in arguing with you or doing it in this thread, the mods will clean it up (when they wake up lol)

Anyways, any exclusive is welcomed regardless of the genre, I'm pretty sure MS needs it more than Sony....it'll probably find it's way to a Sony console, they always do. All this bickering is pointless

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

7. Likes Omar, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    FPS

MS:
    Halo

Sony:
    MAG
    KILLZONE
    Resistance

Variety indeed.
    Did you just say that with a straight face?

:P

I see what I did there.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    NOt sure if you are serious, ask anyone how many Sony exclusives there was prior to 2009 compared to 360's.
    hey anyone, how many sony exclusives were there prior to 2009 compared to 360????

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

Sony's was the reverse.
    At the start MS wanted to go a different direction and be more open but when those didn't sell well(such a shame Lost Odyssey could have been MS own FF but it didn't sell well) they turned the Xbox into an FPS action machine then released kinectic and we are where we are today. Face it Xbox tried to do different at the start, mainly to try to get the Japan crowd with the Jrpg they have, but the Xbox owners spoke with their wallet and the games didn't sell. Xbox is just not know for variety and so far for new one they sticking to the formula. Sure COD is a third party but they have the deal with MS making it more appealing to buy for the Xbox and putting the COD synonimus with the xbox brand. This new game sounds great but the fact is it is an FPS.

Now as far as your variety goes I will make a thread because I do not want to derail this one further. I am willing to bet I have played more Xbox exclusives, not counting indie devs, then you have this gen.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Are we still talking about Xbox getting a hell of an exclusive? Why does this thread seem to be completely off topic?

hey anyone, how many sony exclusives were there prior to 2009 compared to 360????
    What does it matter? What does this have to do with this hot exclusive coming to the Xbox? We do not have to turn EVERY Microsoft thread in to a Playstation thread, and vice versa.

I have to get to work, so I do not have time to clean the thread up right now. So please lets stick to this topic.
    Last edited by Lethal; 05-02-2013 at 15:35.

12. Likes Admartian , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    The next Xbox is shaping up to be an FPS pump out the sequel machine. Not liking this at all.
    It'll likely just be passing the torch from how things was handled with the 360. FPS having a stronger focus over other genres outside of gears;fable;forza.

The things that worry me is how MS views sales and success. If titles don't move 4-5+million then they take a back seat. I don't like that at all. It's as if those companies are $#@!ing up the budgets. With this new i.p, it's going to have to sell a ton because EA will want it competing with cod(there was info about this somewhere. I'll look in a sec) and that's what's crazy about it becoming an exclusive imo. MP only is going to be a big test as in what console gamers want.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 05-02-2013 at 15:42.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hmmm, I'm often reminded why I spend most my time at PSU in my merc section these days, cause even at the $#@!ing ass end of a generation, with new tech and games coming, people still need to try and defend their console maker of choice's tech/games etc, and it's not even discussed accurately, and these pathtic sorry ass list wars are tailored to make your own points. It's sad, get the $#@! over it and stop being so embarrassing. Move on from that $#@!, if I can do it, anyone can. SMFH.

15. Likes Admartian , Lethal likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The things that worry me is how MS views sales and success. If titles don't move 4-5+million then they take a back seat.
    MS care about sales is not worry me that much , but I really didn't get costumers who care about sales and bring sale numbers all the time... I , personally don't give a damn how much Uncharted sold, if a game sold enough to make a sequel this is enough for me. For example; Square Enix didn't reach the expectations about Tomb Raider, this only worries me, rest is bull**** to me...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I wanna see this game. I don't mind it being a FPS as long as it's good. The 21st is sounding really good.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    It amazes me, I have no idea where exactly it comes form, but perhaps someone from the otherside of the fence can explain to me how the Xbox brand is seen as the FPS console.

Before getting hugely derailed, I was trying to make the point that this game (if it is indeed exclusive) would make a grand total of:

2 exclusive FPS on the Xbox brand.

2 franchises. Thats it.

So, given every other dam FPS game must be available on the competing console, why is the Xbox tarnished "FPS" syndrome, when in fact we all know the other side of the coin has more FPS franchises and released more FPS titles this generation (I believe the count is someone where in the vicinity of 6 vs a 4).

COD you will all point to, here is the thing, that's released on both platforms. Exclusive (timed at that) content came around well after the console had achieved domination in that arena. You need to dig a little bit deeper to find you resentment of the success of FPS's on Microsoft console.

So MS want to have another FPS console exclusive that isnt Halo.

Given what advantages they had last gen in the FPS (mulitplayer) arena will be in all likely hood wiped out by the PS4 features that the PS3 did not have at launch (and still now in some cases), then it makes smart business practice to at least bolster you exclusive FPS list beyond 1 franchise.

Whats good for the goose must be good for the gander and all that eh?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I think 360 gets lumped as the FPS console because most gamers play CoD on it and unless I'm mistaken, most 3rd party FPS games sold better on 360. Also because Gears and Halo comprise 50% of MS's content output for the last few years, it polarises things a bit.

Sony also has 2 shooting IPs, Resistance and Killzone, and if those were a staple/yearly part of a reduced IP offering then maybe 360 wouldn't wear the "FPS console" label alone. However, because they are nestled in among RPGs, hack-n-slash, platformers, racers, action/adventure etc the spotlight isn't so focused on them.

I also think it's because of the controller, which many multi-platform gamers agree is the better controller for FPS games.

So yeah, shooter comprising 50% of MS's exclusive output, better online environment for multi player, a FPS friendlier controller, better selling 3rd party FPS games and CoD exclusivity are probably the reasons 360 has the bro-shooter stigma on it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    It amazes me, I have no idea where exactly it comes form, but perhaps someone from the otherside of the fence can explain to me how the Xbox brand is seen as the FPS console.
    That perception (whether true or not) was early on in this stupid conflict/war. Same diff with the "PS3 has no games" BS etc. Let's move on and not get defensive about it.

To be frank, it's best for everyone.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

21. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    , better online environment for multi player
    This is the key reason.
    Now you consider the advantages MS had this gen (even if some of it was rectified later), thing slike cross game invites, cross game chats, a standard headset, all killed the PS3 in the online arena, where COD thrives.

Now, given most of this has been rectified now, and all of it will be rectified with the PS4. Doesn't that level the playing field next generation online arena?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    perfect dark and shadowrun are also xbox brand. Well, I'm not sure about shadowrun anymore since the kickstarter game...mehh.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    perfect dark and shadowrun are also xbox brand. Well, I'm not sure about shadowrun anymore since the kickstarter game...mehh.
    As much as Id like to think PD could become a franchise on the Xbox, something tells me they aren't going to actively develop it.

Thread Information