Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Dibs on Battlefront 3!

Seriously first console to announce that game and I'm there.

I dont know to be honest, whats actually out there?

-Epics Fortnight
    -League of Legends
    -XCOM :The Bureau next gen exclusive
    -Thief 4?
    -Rainbow 6?
    -GTA next gen exclusive maybe?
    -Mechwarrior?
    -Furious 4
    -Fuse next gen?
    -Devils Third?

Fark knows

But in all seriousness, they could do worse than buying some of Luacasrts titles like Battlefront and X-wing game.
    I'd like to see someone snatch up star wars 1313.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

2. Likes mynd likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Most of my favorite games this gen are 3rd party games. And not all of Sony's first party games were quality games either. No reason why MS and a 3rd party developer cant make a "quality" game.
    Same here. I can't think of a single exclusive game on either console that would make be buy either a 360 or PS3 over the other. In fact, no combination of exclusive games would do this either.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Lets remember this thread is about the next Xbox console, NOT SONY.

5. Likes EHY893, Lefein likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    What is the difference between a game produced by a Sony dev or one by EA that MS collaborates with EA in developing?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Control on quality, sharing of tools, efficiency, target, more in-line strategy, control over content...and i could come up with more things.

Most of my favorite games this gen are 3rd party games. And not all of Sony's first party games were quality games either. No reason why MS and a 3rd party developer cant make a "quality" game.
    That's true for me too but you must understand that with in-house development, you work like a team, you can decide which team does what (well, technically Sony only buys varied kind of developers so that's a given). You have control over how your content is presented (if you notice, UC had the best multiplayer coding of all games, e.g. in-game updates, matchmaking a la Xbox Live etc.). Just a lot more efficient ways to go about.

I'm excited about first party right now than third party, I know they will catch up and likely faster this time around but first party will be important in the first year from launch. I'm actually excited about what QD will come up with. This generation, I wasn't so satisfied with 3rd party until the release of BF3 and that was...in 2011.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Doesnt guarantee quality though for the reasons I stated. But we're not allowed to discuss that now if you read Lethals post.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Control on quality, sharing of tools, efficiency, target, more in-line strategy, control over content...and i could come up with more things.

That's true for me too but you must understand that with in-house development, you work like a team, you can decide which team does what (well, technically Sony only buys varied kind of developers so that's a given). You have control over how your content is presented (if you notice, UC had the best multiplayer coding of all games, e.g. in-game updates, matchmaking a la Xbox Live etc.). Just a lot more efficient ways to go about.

I'm excited about first party right now than third party, I know they will catch up and likely faster this time around but first party will be important in the first year from launch. I'm actually excited about what QD will come up with. This generation, I wasn't so satisfied with 3rd party until the release of BF3 and that was...in 2011.
    So are you saying that a third party game won't be as good as a first party game? If you are, I wholeheartedly disagree. If you're not then do these things really matter if the third party game is better?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I'd like to see someone snatch up star wars 1313.
    True that.

Forum Overseer
    Doesnt guarantee quality though for the reasons I stated. But we're not allowed to discuss that now if you read Lethals post.
    We're not discussing Sony now, are we? You're right, it doesn't guarantee it but there are advantages/disadvantages to both sides. Things that matter are the publisher/developer/game. Both sides have potential to do things in a strategic way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    So are you saying that a third party game won't be as good as a first party game? If you are, I wholeheartedly disagree. If you're not then do these things really matter if the third party game is better?

I never said that, I merely said that there are differences to both sides, I just stated the good sides of first party and did not state any for third party. That doesn't mean that I'm saying only first party matters. I have liked more third party games this generation for a reason.

Yea, if the game is better, it doesn't matter which party it was...although one thing I will say is that if that third party actually made it specifically for one console, the results can potentially be better, in some ways, much better. But that's not feasible economically but just wanted to point out an interesting thing.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    We agree then. I thought you were trying to say a first party game will always be higher quality than a 3rd party game and on that I would have to disagree.^

Forum Overseer
    Not at all. It really depends, I'm just throwing what's theoretical. I honestly think that there is a lot more talent out there in the third party community but truly it just gets bogged down by the fact that they're alone out there (hence why a lot of them went under EA and other publishers) and they have to deal with multiplatforms. That's difficult and requires a lot more effort and so they have a natural disadvantage.

Superior Member
    We agree then. I thought you were trying to say a first party game will always be higher quality than a 3rd party game and on that I would have to disagree.^
    I did as well.

Apologies to Sufi!

Forum Overseer
    No need for apologies, no one was hurt in the making of this discussion lol.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    No need for apologies, no one was hurt in the making of this discussion lol.
    And why not?
    What's the point of a good discussion if someone isn't brutally maimed!
    I want blood....BLOOOOOD!!!!

Soldier 95B
    This gen 3rd party is much better than my first party experience.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Pretty much the reason I'll be going mostly PC next gen, 3rd party (mainly Bethesda) have given me the most entertainment, though there are some amazing FP games this gen that I've been addicted to almost as much as Bethsoft.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    And why not? What's the point of a good discussion if someone isn't brutally maimed! I want blood....BLOOOOOD!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16la1h3gUxY

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    pmsl, i nearly posted that vid!

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Gut feel for me is that MS are about to make a complete sow's ear of releasing this console. While I don't subscribe to all the rumours and FUD there's so much flying about that some of this is going to be near the mark. Sony screwed up the release of the PS3 and getting top quality games out early in its cycle (imo anyway) but this time round you just feel they've learned from that and are going to do a better job than MS.
    There's perception and there's reality. Microsoft has been one of the world's longest running punching bags in history. The Xbox got hate and FUD before it's release. So did the 360. Now it's the 720's turn.

Just because Sony got their act together, doesn't mean MS has fallen apart. It's just projected that way by those who have an agenda. And they thrive in an atmosphere of rumors and FUD. Then the truth is released and they try to zero-in on their next negative talking point about the console. Rinse and repeat.

Forum Overseer
    And why not?
    What's the point of a good discussion if someone isn't brutally maimed!
    I want blood....BLOOOOOD!!!!
    You tell 'em mynd lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    There's perception and there's reality. Microsoft has been one of the world's longest running punching bags in history. The Xbox got hate and FUD before it's release. So did the 360. Now it's the 720's turn.

Just because Sony got their act together, doesn't mean MS has fallen apart. It's just projected that way by those who have an agenda. And they thrive in an atmosphere of rumors and FUD. Then the truth is released and they try to zero-in on their next negative talking point about the console. Rinse and repeat.
    Will you please let us know when you're back to the future?

Superior Member
    Will you please let us know when you're back to the future?
    Based on repeating the sins of the past...... the present looks a lot like the past. The future isn't here yet.

Those that don't learn from history, are likely to repeat the same mistakes. Oh look... that's already happening. Hence why I pointed it out.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Based on repeating the sins of the past...... the present looks a lot like the past. The future isn't here yet.

Those that don't learn from history, are likely to repeat the same mistakes. Oh look... that's already happening. Hence why I pointed it out.
    It's not going to change.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Pretty much the reason I'll be going mostly PC next gen, 3rd party (mainly Bethesda) have given me the most entertainment, though there are some amazing FP games this gen that I've been addicted to almost as much as Bethsoft.
    I am a Mac guy so I am limited there. There is not a lot of game love on Mac compared to PC otherwise I would consider looking at the PC alternative.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I am a Mac guy so I am limited there. There is not a lot of game love on Mac compared to PC otherwise I would consider looking at the PC alternative.
    Not a PC gamer myself but wouldn't you be able to run games from bootcamp?

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Soldier 95B

Kotaku Rumor: Microsoft 6 months behind in game production for Durango

Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Not a PC gamer myself but wouldn't you be able to run games from bootcamp?

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2
    I could but I honestly don't want Windows on my Mac. But I should consider that.

The Xbox looks like it's going to be a powerhouse though so I will wait to see how that turns out after E3 before I run out and boot camp my machine.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I'll wait and see what they offer next gen but honestly if it's just more of this gen (shooters and action games) then I'm pretty much done with console gaming outside of Nintendo (who have dropped the ball in terms of having ANY games), consoles used to have pretty much every genre covered but now it's pretty much the same old rehashed stuff constantly being put out, JRPGs are moving to handhelds and pretty much every WRPG is on the PC. I miss the 90s.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

28. Likes X2 likes this post

Thread Information