Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I am a Mac guy so I am limited there. There is not a lot of game love on Mac compared to PC otherwise I would consider looking at the PC alternative.
    Mac is getting a lot more gaming support recently. You can even buy a GTX680 for a Mac if you wished

Forum Overseer
    I'm not a big fan of Windows but $#@! Mac lol. I'm tired of dealing with Linux and while I know Mac is so much better, it's still not as supported as Windows. I just get that good feeling when I'm on Windows like I can do anything on there.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by thuway
    OK OK OK - last thing from me.

Microsoft's marketing strategy is not the problem. In fact, the marketing is the least of any one's concerns. They have plans to drown out any racket Sony can muster. Whether that means partnering with soft drink manufacturers, fast food chains, or product placement in television shows; it isn't even a question.

The problem is half baked development. The Xbox team has some very specific goals, ambitions, and constraints. They have some brilliant minds working under the roof. The team who works on Direct X, ex-AMD folk, and hardware engineers with laundry lists of accolades. With all that said, if you have a thermal constraint and a maximum size in mind; no amount of talent can give you 2 TF.

The other side of the coin is first party. Studios, from what I am hearing, are having a hard time establishing a proper development culture. This is mostly in reference to Black Tusk, and a heavy reliance on third party titles from unproven studios (Respawn's Titan, Lucid's PGR6, etc).

The last little bit: they started late. Sony actually started developing before MS. Microsoft wanted to launch last year, believe it or not, but things didn't pan out than, and they are hurrying their teams now. There is actually a game released now that was supposed to be a Durango launch title.
    It's the constellation of difficulties that is causing Microsoft to work harder and faster. It's frenetic, but it will eventually iron itself out. The most concerning thing is the games, and I am told to not get my hopes too high for their first party effort at launch.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...0#post56443660
    N.F.G

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Wow. If thats true then MS is really going to be stumbling out of the gate. And if these thermal issues are true then MS might have another RROD situation on its hands especially if theyre running behind and trying to get the console out in time for the holidays.

Soldier 95B
    What game should have been on Durango? Gears of War Judgement?

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    What game should have been on Durango? Gears of War Judgement?
    according to his other post, Blacklight Retribution was the title.
    N.F.G

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    OIC thanks. Never heard of that one.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

also from gaf

There is a famous poster on Beyond3D named Bkilian. He was the audio engineer on Durango, and he is one of the biggest sources for all of this information. He no longer works at Microsoft, but during a private message session with a particular GAF member, he mentioned that he is frustrated that "the suits began caring only about profit". On his way out he was terribly frustrated with the design and goals of the machine. Karak eat your heart out.
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13674326999488

if the next xbox releases this year, it will be buggy as $#@!! reading that thread, its best they delay the machine and iron out whatever issues they're having....i doubt it tho

20 more days to go (thats if the reveal will actually be on the 21st)
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 05-01-2013 at 19:25.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Both systems will likely have failure rates, same as this gen. Even if I was wanting the next gen systems I'd still hold off until the slim versions.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

PSU Technical Advisor
    I know Bkilian, if he said that then things aren't as good as we would have hoped.. This certainly fits with the leaked design specs for the Durango.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    all my sony consoles have failed once so the ps4 will be no different lol. i always get to use my 1 time warranty. this is the first time i've heard of the 2012 launch, which might explain why we started seeing next gen games from 3rd party devs last E3 (not my thoughts)

Forum Overseer
    Doesn't mean that all consoles are prone to fail. Look at the Wii...it really depends on how efficient the console is with consumption and its design.

13. Likes YoungMullah88 likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Doesn't mean that all consoles are prone to fail. Look at the Wii...it really depends on how efficient the console is with consumption and its design.
    The Wii was basically a moderately more powerful gamecube. If that thing suffered any kind of overheating or design issues, Nintendo would be insanely incompetent. Unlike the 360 and PS3, from a hardware point of view, it didn't push the envelope in anything.

So that's not really apples to apples.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    The Wii was basically a moderately more powerful gamecube. If that thing suffered any kind of overheating or design issues, Nintendo would be insanely incompetent. Unlike the 360 and PS3, from a hardware point of view, it didn't push the envelope in anything.

So that's not really apples to apples.
    Exactly and PS4 is probably going to be hell of a lot more efficient than the consoles of 6+ years ago. I think we should give it the benefit of the doubt. We're at a point where technology is not going much further but more like trying to make it more efficient and smaller.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Umm, I must be the only one who looks at both of these post (Bkilian and Thuway) and think, uh these two are telling differing stories.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    The Wii DID have hardware problems; with it's disc drive (not as wide spread as YLOD or RROD but there was quite a lot that couldn't read the dual layered discs).

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I gotta say, everything this Thuway guy says, seems very very bull$#@!.
    He seems to be riding the wave of whatever is the latest rumor is and then twisting the knife in with a bit of bull$#@! to add to it....

Microsoft's marketing strategy is not the problem. In fact, the marketing is the least of any one's concerns. They have plans to drown out any racket Sony can muster. Whether that means partnering with soft drink manufacturers, fast food chains, or product placement in television shows; it isn't even a question.
    Conjecture
    The problem is half baked development. The Xbox team has some very specific goals, ambitions, and constraints. They have some brilliant minds working under the roof. The team who works on Direct X, ex-AMD folk, and hardware engineers with laundry lists of accolades. With all that said, if you have a thermal constraint and a maximum size in mind; no amount of talent can give you 2 TF.
    But 1.8 is ok to do? Huh?
    The other side of the coin is first party. Studios, from what I am hearing, are having a hard time establishing a proper development culture. This is mostly in reference to Black Tusk, and a heavy reliance on third party titles from unproven studios (Respawn's Titan, Lucid's PGR6, etc).
    PGR5 (not 6) rumor circa January.
    Rumor regarding Respawn, last couple of days.
    Black Tusk developing "the next big AAA", is matter of public record, also NO ONE expects the studio to release a title on launch, they are still hiring FFS.
    The last little bit: they started late. Sony actually started developing before MS.
    How the HELL would he know that?
    Microsoft wanted to launch last year, believe it or not, but things didn't pan out than, and they are hurrying their teams now. There is actually a game released now that was supposed to be a Durango launch title.
    Again, zero proof, and the MS leaked document circa 2010 always expected a 203 launch.
    It's the constellation of difficulties that is causing Microsoft to work harder and faster. It's frenetic, but it will eventually iron itself out. The most concerning thing is the games, and I am told to not get my hopes too high for their first party effort at launch.

I'm sorry but this Thuway guy has a really good way of saying what sounds authoritative without any actual backing.
    I would dismiss anything he says as pure conjecture on his part. Perhaps he should start his post by saying "I think".

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah actually a couple of guys in that GAF thread told him that he's full of $#@!. lol

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah actually a couple of guys in that GAF thread told him that he's full of $#@!. lol
    And then some, just a quick look through and you can see what he believes..

1/ Sony is making a bigger box so they wont have heat issues

2/ MS is focused on money only (he has go this idea form the post form bkilian)

3/ MS will cut corners

4/ Sony started before MS

He has a few caveats which he then goes on to mold into his own little world of "authoritative answers"....

Also Kotaku is now reporting that (and I read it neogaf as well), that Windows RT an ARM based O/S is now running the Xbox.

So no x86 architecture then?
    Last edited by mynd; 05-01-2013 at 22:01.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    The Wii DID have hardware problems; with it's disc drive (not as wide spread as YLOD or RROD but there was quite a lot that couldn't read the dual layered discs).
    I think that's common with DVDs. I'm sure 360 gets a lot of read errors too just like PS2 did...I think the only time I got read errors on PS3 was when the disc was extremely dirty. I'm talking about jam stuck on the disc...I have a 2 year old.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    And then some, just a quick look through and you can see what he believes..

1/ Sony is making a bigger box so they wont have heat issues

2/ MS is focused on money only (he has go this idea form the post form bkilian)

3/ MS will cut corners

4/ Sony started before MS

He has a few caveats which he then goes on to mold into his own little world of "authoritative answers"....

Also Kotaku is now reporting that (and I read it neogaf as well), that Windows RT an ARM based O/S is now running the Xbox.

So no x86 architecture then?
    That's the issue with his statement to me, Windows RT was designed exclusively for ARM processors..

Bkillian, though, I am apt to trust. He's credible.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    That's the issue with his statement to me, Windows RT was designed exclusively for ARM processors..

Bkillian, though, I am apt to trust. He's credible.
    Yeah I have no reason to dispute Bkilian, most creative people will bump heads with corporate over money, its a natural order of things, one wants to run with the best/most expensive thing, the other has to hold them back, nothing new there.

Nor should one read to much into it. All corporates watch the bottom line, least they end up with an explosion in costs (ala PS3 launch).
    Last edited by mynd; 05-01-2013 at 23:09.

Thread Information