Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru

Kotaku Rumor: Microsoft 6 months behind in game production for Durango

this falls inline with the rumored fab problems.

We've heard from other sources that Microsoft is not where they want to be at this point in the pre-launch development of Durango. A reliable source—one who was not part of our reporting about the Respawn game—tells us that Microsoft is as much as six months behind in producing content for the new console, despite an expected late-2013 launch. Another tells us that Microsoft recently cancelled several internal next-gen projects because they were not coming together as hoped. These sources have told us that, comparatively, Sony is in better shape and further along with hardware and software development for PlayStation 4.

We'd also heard from an industry insider that Microsoft was aggressively trying to sign exclusive games for Durango. Given the lack of internal development at Microsoft—their internal studios, while talented, are outnumbered by those of Sony and Nintendo—and given some of the apparent recent stumbles and slowdowns internally, signing an exclusive Respawn-EA game would suit the Durango quite well.

http://kotaku.com/the-next-gen-xbox-...e-so-484785241
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Probably not true. They have had the dev kits out to developrts in mid 2011 . Itcould be certain games that are months behind.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I thought development on Durango started earlier than Orbis (PS4)? I wonder what the hold ups were related too.

Sigh, this worries me. I'd rather them wait and hammer out any 'problems' than all of us getting boxes that light aflame two weeks post launch.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    What does fab problems have to do with the software? Doesn't seem like the fab problems would be related to the devkits.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

5. Dislikes mistercrow is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    MS had a year headstart on over Sony. That why i think this story is bogus.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    MS had a year headstart on over Sony. That why i think this story is bogus.
    Another tells us that Microsoft recently cancelled several internal next-gen projects because they were not coming together as hoped.

Elite Guru

This is true read thread at gaf, insider claim heat issues. Also states Sony is having issues with the PS4 as well, they speak of possible delays
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"

Master Guru
    Could you post the link ofrom Neogaf.

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Could you post the link ofrom Neogaf.
    Start from here and read through the rest of the thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...4#post56154344

Elite Sage
    Another insider is saying that Black Tusk is behind in development as well.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Also states Sony is having issues with the PS4 as well, they speak of possible delays
    That part got shot down by another insider/mod/dev.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=517

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lol Holy hell that gaf thread. MS I hope it's not true, but seeing as how ms is once again banking on 3rd party exclusives (timed) Leaves me to believe that the in house studios is not performing up to par.

All these rumors (good or bad) is just making the wait unbearable....hurry up may 21

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Master Guru
    It seems as though they had the over heating poblems in the early Durango kits that contributed to the delays. Black Tusk Studio got a late start because of this.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Another insider is saying that Black Tusk is behind in development as well.
    This wouldn't surprise me, I didn't expect a launch title from them, considering their first game got cancelled.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol Holy hell that gaf thread. MS I hope it's not true, but seeing as how ms is once again banking on 3rd party exclusives (timed) Leaves me to believe that the in house studios is not performing up to par.

All these rumors (good or bad) is just making the wait unbearable....hurry up may 2

Yelp, all hell is breaking lose over ther. That thread is very entertaining and funny.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Doesnt sound good. Last thing MS needs is another RROD fiasco. And with projects getting cancelled the durango is sounding like a train wreck right now. Time will tell if its true or not.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Its interesting, we have two differing rumours here mixed up.

1/ Kotaku are saying game CONTENT is behind schedule (i.e. Games)

2/ Neogaf saying the console itself is behind schedule? Or is he saying that due to the console itself being behind schedule, game content is now behind schedule.

Sounds to me like game content maybe behind Xbox specific features for exclusives maybe?

Doesnt sound like the console hardware itself is having to many problems now (vs 6 months ago).

I do know there were issues last Nov, and we got the "all clear" early new year that MS had fixed those issues.

In short I would not panic about the console RROD, but maybe not the best launch lineup?
    Last edited by mynd; 04-30-2013 at 01:50.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    ^ 2/ Say what??

Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Its interesting, we have two differing rumours here mixed up.
    Thuway posted more about the hardware heating issues.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=205

But that was the situation in February, it may well be cleared up now and could even be why the Xbox announcement was "pushed back" (or as per rumours of a push back).

Rumours upon rumours here.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Heres what misterx has to say...

Misterx: MS have to delay or not have to delay...it sounded like a typo in previous mail and the right meaning is "have to delay"..
    Insider: Ok the fabs are working around the clock to get a wafers that are at 20nm.. its very very hard but it can be done.. Ms have hired 3 fabs to cut and run NO !! basically the console could be delayed Ms wanted to ship it out around September 2013.. But I anomalously think 2014 its the main GPU that is the problem.. the only way to get this part in to a console so power and heat are not a factor is 20nm. Even tho I think this hardware will run hotter then xbox/s I would say around 10+ degrees but it will be designed to move heat around so that no RROD happen or hardware fails. When I asked what cooling would this need the rnd said straight up leave that to us.. I now that enhanced new sdk official console spec will be shipping around November which will be test wafer cuts. But if they don't get the wafers sorted and miss Novembers target then they could run an extra 8 to 10 weeks. The first party kits with this new hardware are available for Request for 1st party developer to get but its a very limited number so only the best have them and even then only the best developers in the house can touch the tech.. no body is aloud near it. I know ea only got 720 about 1 month ago.. its only a mock up console but close to final target. we have it but not like EA And there not dieing its the ps4 that has the problems.. but that will be sorted. The problem is there pushing so much tech in to box's not much bigger then what we have now.. But its needed and they will both deliver.. So I think xbox720 = 2014 but early around march
    First time I think Misterxmedia has been on the same page as someone else.

Scary.
    Last edited by mynd; 04-30-2013 at 01:55.

Elite Sage
    A delay would hit them pretty hard missing the holidays and all things considered.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Wouldn't be good that's for sure.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post

Sigh, this worries me. I'd rather them wait and hammer out any 'problems' than all of us getting boxes that light aflame two weeks post launch.
    Lol, they would probably still go ahead and launch. If RROD taught us anything, it would be that shit like that doesn't really affect sales in any meaningful sense.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Wow definitely not sounding good. But may 21 will dispel most of these rumors. It's looking like ms will concede 2013 all to Sony

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I thought development on Durango started earlier than Orbis (PS4)? I wonder what the hold ups were related too.

Sony being the veteran hardware company it makes sense to me that they'd have less problems with the box itself even if they did start development a year later (which I now highly doubt since Cerny has stated how early they began work). Same way it makes sense that MS have made a more competent OS using less memory this gen.

Regarding the software well, the start of a new generation is really not the time you want to be cancelling games. They must have had damn good reasons

Thread Information