• Throw it in the garbage.

10 55.56%
  • Wash it off and eat it.

3 16.67%
  • Just pick it up and eat it.

5 27.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Editorial Assistant and Podcast Editor
    30 second rule is good enough for most restaurants and so one I have also adopted.

Follow me on twitter @Skaggypoet

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    Well tbh i probably wouldnt eat it if it fell on the floor. unless the floor was suppppperrr clean as heck.

PSN: raremew
    Playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Calibur V,Street Fighter X Tekken
    Quote: "People are able to hold onto hope, since death is that which cannot be seen."

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I am a construction worker, so I would easily just pick it up and start eating. I have dropped food on the ground many times. Working construction makes you very hungry, and dropping food on the ground would not stop me from eating it, because chances are that was my only sandwich or snack I have with me.

Just wipe off the bits of dirt, and eat up!

4. Likes Omar likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I am a construction worker, so I would easily just pick it up and start eating. I have dropped food on the ground many times. Working construction makes you very hungry, and dropping food on the ground would not stop me from eating it, because chances are that was my only sandwich or snack I have with me.

Just wipe off the bits of dirt, and eat up!
    If everyone was like you in the developed countries, world hunger would theoretically not be a problem.

Now, I'm not saying you should pick it up in all cases, you don't wanna be contracting any diseases either lol but yea generally it's not a big deal, just wipe/wash it off...if it's meat, I generally just wash it off.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    If everyone was like you in the developed countries, world hunger would theoretically not be a problem.

Now, I'm not saying you should pick it up in all cases, you don't wanna be contracting any diseases either lol but yea generally it's not a big deal, just wipe/wash it off...if it's meat, I generally just wash it off.

Mythbusters also busted the whole 3 sec rule too. They said it literally takes like 15 mins for the food you drop to be contaminated.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Toss it. 5 second rule is BS.
    Not everyone can afford to think like that. There are people in circumstances where the 'five second rule' is almost gospel to them. Ideally, I'd rather eat the burger/pizza/kebab/whatever and not drop any of it but if I was in a situation where money was tight, I was low on food, etc then I'd rather risk the five-second rule and eat the food.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Not everyone can afford to think like that. There are people in circumstances where the 'five second rule' is almost gospel to them. Ideally, I'd rather eat the burger/pizza/kebab/whatever and not drop any of it but if I was in a situation where money was tight, I was low on food, etc then I'd rather risk the five-second rule and eat the food.
    True and I agree. But that five second thing just isn't true. As soon as it hits the floor any bacteria present is on that food now. Is it anything life threatening? Hopefully not but it's there. Come to think of it I pick food up off the floor in my house plenty. I dropped some lettuce just yesterday but I know my floors are not filthy.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Thread Information