Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    It's true. Of course, we're all talking in generalities, but it's usually the man trying to impress the woman.
    When on a date it is the unknown for the man, "will he get lucky?" For the woman, she already knows.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I can definitely answer the second paragraph and I agree with the 1st paragraph!

The reason why is because there are PLENTY of good mothers out there but it's hard to find a good dad. A lot of fathers aren't in their kids lives. So when you see a father in a kid's life, it's rare and we want that dad to know he's good. We want to encourage him and other men to be fathers to their children. Every child, especially boys, need a father figure in their life. It teaches them how to be a man.
    Exactly the point I was making. Double standards occur due to the natural differences in men and women. While a father can be just as good as a mother, the mother has plenty more chances and is built to be a better parent from the start. A man can't survive an infant...babies don't drink anything other than mother's milk. So the mother has an advantage there.

As for your earlier post, it's definitely more likely for a geeky guy to get laid than a geeky girl but a geeky guy can be easily manipulated through sexual advances than a geeky girl. I guess it just depends on how you approach the situation. On one hand, plenty of less-than-desirable-looking men have gotten hot girls but that's sometimes due to money/fame and that's because women generally don't care about looks as much as men.

Men on the other hand, while do care a lot about looks in general, they can still be enticed by a woman's body...it's difficult for a body to be ugly, much easier for the face to be.

So it's not crystal clear. just my opinion of course.

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Equality is overrated nowadays. Respect would be more appropriate.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

4. Likes holly, Shingo wishes they had posted this first.
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post

Both ways? but only extra with the opposite sexes? Or in general?

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Sounds good, but there needs to be some clarification here and there.

For example, giving women the opportunity to play in the NFL along with the men, would be disastrous for them.
    And in a same sex boxing league putting bantam weights against heavyweights would be disastrous as well.
    But as long as both have the opportunity to participate then I say it's fairly equal. No I would not advocate allowing women to easily join in, as per your example, male NFL games...but if the NFL had a womens league I'd be more than supportive.

Of course when I think of gender equality professional sports is probably the last thing that comes to mind.

Equal chances and opportunities does not mean that men and women are the same, we're very different and that should be respected. But when it comes to how people are treated by government, by employers, and by society in general then gender should be among the last on the list of qualifications...ability should be foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Wait, did you just say women can get sex easier than men? I'm a little uncertain about that. I believe a geeky guy can get a woman before that geeky woman can get a man. It's fewer men in this world than women, thus a lot of competition among women.
    Oh no lady, you better believe that one to be true. The most undesirable female can definitely get sex easier than her male counterpart. (Not saying that it would actually be good ...)

El Presidente
    I prefer fairness over equality. The situation and circumstances change so you need to adjust how you treat someone accordingly, NOT equally all the time.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Indoril Nerevar
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    What does this even mean? It's difficult to respect someone if you don't treat them equally.

Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    I prefer fairness over equality. The situation and circumstances change so you need to adjust how you treat someone accordingly, NOT equally all the time.
    Equality and fairness are literally the exact same thing.

Extreme Poster
    I see what he meant there. Like say if you treat your guy friends a certain way, it’s not always going to be fair to a woman if you treat her that way too. So yes, fairness can also mean double standards in this. People do treat women better than men in certain situations. In other situations, they don’t and do the opposite, there are double standards on both sides and I think it’s somewhat understandable. There are certain jobs I just don’t think women can generally do and vice versa.

PSU Technical Advisor

Illuminating.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Just asked my ex-gf about this....

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I'm saying that a girl with decent looks can go to a bar/club, pick any single guy she wants, and say 'Fuck me'. I'd say she would very very rarely get turned down. A guy with decent looks can't do that. Hell, a guy with perfect looks still can't really do that.
    She said she thinks she would succeed 2/3 of the time, and she said she would never say yes to a guy who did that. Unless it was Johnny Depp or something I'm sure...

Kinda new, don't post too often.
    Just placing my two cents in as well. Firstly men and women should be treated equally for all aspects. Same job, same quality of work, same mistake, same outcome. There are obviously differences between men and women which means that one sex will be more qualified. A big one is strength. One example is a firefighter, I personally would not like to see a tiered test between men and women for qualifications; you must be able to lift X amount Y distance in Z amount of time. This is a safety aspect to keep you and any potential rescue e safe.

Similarly a man and a women may may not be able to compete directly against each other in sports such as mma. Currently there is a fairly controversial fighter, Fallon Fox, who has gone through the full surgery to go from male to female. Should she then be allowed to fight against other female fighters?

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    What does this even mean? It's difficult to respect someone if you don't treat them equally.
    Equal rights is a given. Respect not so much.

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Elite Guru
    Equality for me is about men and women having the same rights and obligations. That's all there is to it. Treated equally.

Currently, women have more rights than men in several areas. The majority of these rights aren't undeserved or unnecessary, it's just that men deserve access to the same rights, too.

Examples are sexual assault and domestic violence. Men have practically no protections in either area thanks to dominant aggressor policies and social stigma that are untrue and unfair. There's very little in the way of domestic violence shelters for men, it's also socially acceptable to refuse a man entry to women's shelters where he's in need of help.

Being male doesn't automatically mean you're violent and it certainly doesn't mean you cannot be sexually assaulted/raped - yet there's unbalanced protections in these areas.

El Presidente

Equality and fairness are literally the exact same thing.
    I don't think so not to me. Maybe you have a different perspective on it?

I see it like this. You have person 1 intending to steal from a store. Person 1 asks person 2 to help by being a lookout. When 2 refuses, 1 holds 2 at gun point and tells 2 you're helping me or I'm going to shoot you. They rob the store and are caught. Do you treat these two people equally as criminals? I would not if there was any kind of evidence proving person 2 was forced to help. I would treat them fairly. Person 1 would be punished more severely than 2 but I don't think 2 can just walk away. Depends on if they have a previous record.

Wait is this thread about equality between men and women? Sorry if this example is off track.

Edit: woops it is off track completely. On topic I think men and women are just different. There are always people who are sexist and want to tip the balance more in their genders favor which is dumb.
    Last edited by podsaurus; 04-30-2013 at 23:00.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Equality for me is about men and women having the same rights and obligations. That's all there is to it. Treated equally.

Currently, women have more rights than men in several areas. The majority of these rights aren't undeserved or unnecessary, it's just that men deserve access to the same rights, too.

Examples are sexual assault and domestic violence. Men have practically no protections in either area thanks to dominant aggressor policies and social stigma that are untrue and unfair. There's very little in the way of domestic violence shelters for men, it's also socially acceptable to refuse a man entry to women's shelters where he's in need of help.

Being male doesn't automatically mean you're violent and it certainly doesn't mean you cannot be sexually assaulted/raped - yet there's unbalanced protections in these areas.
    I would disagree with that first line. Also, yes, men are generally more violent. It has a lot to do with them being men, scientifically. They are also more prone to rape another person.

Yes, you have a point but there's a reason why there's an unbalance there...overall, women probably still have more issues with getting raped/abused than men so yes, there will be some unfortunate men that might be at a disadvantage due to that.

Same goes for race...sometimes some races get a free card to represent themselves and no one asks a question whereas when it comes to the other race, questions are asked...likely due to the fact that there needs to be a balance of some sort, I don't agree with everything but it's just a natural way of things happening.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I'm saying that a girl with decent looks can go to a bar/club, pick any single guy she wants, and say 'Fuck me'. I'd say she would very very rarely get turned down. A guy with decent looks can't do that. Hell, a guy with perfect looks still can't really do that.
    Speak for yourselves...

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Equal pay. Guys not calling woman every name in the book because a woman won't sleep with them. No one is owed sex. Ever. Guys having some form of support after being a victim of rape. Stopping sexual harassment in the work place. I could go on and on, but I'm gonna stop right here.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Supreme Veteran

no debate, humans our humans and equality is never brought into it... Because we all can be equal or un-equal

Their is no debate

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    no debate, humans our humans and equality is never brought into it... Because we all can be equal or un-equal

Their is no debate
    What?
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post

Their is no debate
    What?

Extreme Poster
    haha no but seriously I think I do get what he's saying. He's saying that there's always going to be inequality in some way or another. Am I close?

Ancient
    There isnt
    Women don't compete against men in sports
    Women are automatically granted custody of a child
    There are lots of stuff but they claim equality
    And to be honest I think before they had it they wanted it more but now they got it they don't bother with it, some actually abuse the system because it allows them to because they are female
    Thats not equal
    Obviously not all women do it but some do
    But not all the inequality is a plus for women
    Some want it and don't get it

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water coolerĒ

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I would disagree with that first line. Also, yes, men are generally more violent. It has a lot to do with them being men, scientifically. They are also more prone to rape another person.

Yes, you have a point but there's a reason why there's an unbalance there...overall, women probably still have more issues with getting raped/abused than men so yes, there will be some unfortunate men that might be at a disadvantage due to that.

Same goes for race...sometimes some races get a free card to represent themselves and no one asks a question whereas when it comes to the other race, questions are asked...likely due to the fact that there needs to be a balance of some sort, I don't agree with everything but it's just a natural way of things happening.
    Can you elaborate on what you disagree with about men and woman being treated equally? I'm not talking about mixing a male female boxing match, but I am saying equal pay for the same work, equal rights under the law etc.

As for the rest of your post. Being male doesn't mean you're genetically engineered to rape or be violent. Even if that were the case, there's no excuse not to afford the very same legal protections to men that women have if they're victims.

Domestic violence, for example; is not a gendered crime. There are several studies that say its reciprocal and in many cases where violence is one partner hitting the other, it's women who are intimating it. Yet if a man were to call the police as a victim, policy would remove HIM from the home as the 'dominant aggressor'.

Saying men don't get to enjoy these rights as it happens more to women is something I can't wrap my head around.

Women make much more false rape accusations than men (anecdotal based on what I read in the media). How would you feel if I suggested they don't get to make rape claims? You'd tell me I was wrong, and you'd be correct. Just because it happens, doesn't mean women shouldn't be protected when they're a victim. The same goes for men.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Indoril Nerevar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Yes, you have a point but there's a reason why there's an unbalance there...overall, women probably still have more issues with getting raped/abused than men so yes,
    You may be surprised.

Male-on-male rape has historically been shrouded in secrecy due to the stigma associated with males being raped by other males. According to psychologist Dr. Sarah Crome, fewer than 1 in 10 male-male rapes are reported. As a group, male rape victims reported a lack of services and support, and legal systems are often ill-equipped to deal with this type of crime.

Research from the UK suggests that almost 3% of men reported a non-consensual sexual experience as adults and over 5% of men reported sexual abuse as a child. This does not take into account the possibility of underreporting. Recognition of male on male rape in law has historically been limited; the first successful prosecution for attempted male on male rape in the UK was not until 1995.

Several studies argue that male-male prisoner rape, as well as female-female prisoner rape, are common types of rape which go unreported even more frequently than rape in the general population.

The rape of men by men has been documented as a weapon of terror in warfare.
    As far as things such as domestic violence is concerned, it's generally about 50/50, sometimes with men actually being abused more. Last statistic I saw for the US was 56/44 split. People (and especially the court) don't pay attention at all to the suffering of men compared to women. Though, I guess that plays to your topic entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    I don't think so not to me. Maybe you have a different perspective on it?.
    Not really, I was just going by definition. 'Fairness' and 'equality' are exact synonyms for one another. You seem to be personally extending some traits about their definitions though, and I didn't really find your example to be very thorough. Equality means the criminals' actions are judged by a case-by-case basis under equal scrutiny respectively, which is the same as treating them both under fair law.

El Presidente
    You may be surprised.

As far as things such as domestic violence is concerned, it's generally about 50/50, sometimes with men actually being abused more. Last statistic I saw for the US was 56/44 split. People (and especially the court) don't pay attention at all to the suffering of men compared to women. Though, I guess that plays to your topic entirely.

Not really, I was just going by definition. 'Fairness' and 'equality' are exact synonyms for one another. You seem to be personally extending some traits about their definitions though, and I didn't really find your example to be very thorough. Equality means the criminals' actions are judged by a case-by-case basis under equal scrutiny respectively, which is the same as treating them both under fair law.
    Hmm I can see that impartial is a synonym of both but I don't see fair or equal as being direct synonyms to each other.

Well let's say two people have been working in a farm field all day. They are paid the same, equally but one does most of the work while the other spends most of the time sitting around. You're treating them equally in terms of the money you're paying them and for the amount of work they supposedly did but in reality one did more work than the other. You're treating them the equally but that isn't fair based on what actually happened.

It makes perfect sense to me. Now if the payment was split 60/40 and the person who did more work got 60 and the person who did less work got 40 that is fair. But its not an equal 50/50. Why would you treat them equally by paying each the same amount when one did more work than the other? That isn't fair or right.

Thread Information