Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Men vs Women: What does equality mean to you?

When it comes to equality of men and women, Im a little confused; I feel that there are some conflicting ideas and understanding. I want to find out what Im missing here.

So, in your own explanation, write what equality means to you between men and women.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Men are physically stronger than women (in general), which makes this tricky.

3. Likes The Black Wolf, Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Exactly. Then there are sexual differences. Not just the way we are but scientifically we have different sort of sex drives in general.

Anyone else?

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    There is no equality, as in nothing can be exactly one for one in comparison.

Things are simply different. Not better or worse for either, but just different. There's ups and downs for being Male or Female as far as societal standards are concerned.

6. Likes Lebowski , Itachi , The Black Wolf, Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Totally agree! I wish we had some replies from women and if they think the same.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Totally agree! I wish we had some replies from women and if they think the same.
    Are there computers in their kitchens?

9. Likes Lebowski , Itachi , Ixion likes this post
    Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Equality to me only means that the same chances and opportunities are given.

11. Likes Itachi , Ixion , RedOrb_Collector likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Sounds good, but there needs to be some clarification here and there.

For example, giving women the opportunity to play in the NFL along with the men, would be disastrous for them.

Friendship is Carrots
    Same rights, treatment, and opportunities where reasonably applicable. Pretty easy.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

14. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Some men in general being successful in life is only cause of genes?
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Are there computers in their kitchens?

haaaaah, nice one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Good point, but how much of that is truly sexism and how much of it is just natural?

Not everyone has the same chances and opportunities regardless.

Surely men may sometimes help out other men and vice versa.

But how much of that is pure, "I don't want to pay this much money to this person just because it's a woman."

It may be more like, "Well, this person makes more money than this person, why should i pay them the same salary?"

I feel that women have to own up to their worth.

Physically, women probably can't work in as much stress or jobs that require stamina or strength but you can say the same about things that men aren't as good at due to their physical/mental differences.

I think discrimination can exist both ways but I think it's more natural than actual prejudism. Agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Some men in general being successful in life is only cause of genes?
    Generally, yes. I think it also has to do with societal/parental expectations. But then there are things women can do well/better too, just happens to be things that people don't think of as success in life.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Same rights, treatment, and opportunities where reasonably applicable. Pretty easy.
    Exactly. I can't stand all that PC crap about women doing ANYTHING a man can do. I'm all for equality, but men and women vary in so many ways. Its just impossible for one sex to do everything the other can.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I'm a woman.

There will never be total equality between the sexes because men and women are so different. Now if a woman does a job as good as a man, then she needs to be paid like a man. If a man can be a Nurse like a woman, then pay the man!

Men are better at some things and women are better at somethings. If a woman can be president like a man, then kudos! If she's an emotional mess as president, then she doesn't need to be president of the USA.

It's really simple.

When it comes to sex, it can be a bit tricky.

Men go around and sleep with everything that moves. He's not considered a $#@!. If a woman sleeps with 3 men in four years during high school, she is branded as a $#@!. Then, even if the guy is considered a $#@!, he isn't treated the same way as a woman $#@!.

Men don't like $#@! women, so why can't women hate $#@! men? Why doesn't society belittle him like they belittle the woman $#@!?

By the way, I believe men and women should not be $#@!s and sleep with everything that moves.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    giving women the opportunity to play in the NFL along with the men, would be disastrous for them.
    If there's a woman who can hang in the NFL, then by all means, sign her. That's what an equal opportunity is. It doesn't mean we just make half the NFL female. lol

Forum Overseer
    @Black Wolf. Reason being that it's easier for women to stay off sex than men. The sex drives are different. It's like in the culture I grew up. If a woman was extra nice to men in a flirty way, she's a $#@! but I never could figure out why there were double standards. Well, according to the culture I was in born in, you can talk to men but flirting is prohibited. People still do it and it's not a big deal but some people do think negatively of it.

I know it's not a direct analogy but the double standards are there because of the differences of men and women. Which is why when a man does something little like taking his kids to school or a game of some sort, he's an awesome dad but if a woman does it, who cares?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Men go around and sleep with everything that moves. He's not considered a $#@!. If a woman sleeps with 3 men in four years during high school, she is branded as a $#@!. Then, even if the guy is considered a $#@!, he isn't treated the same way as a woman $#@!.

Men don't like $#@! women, so why can't women hate $#@! men? Why doesn't society belittle him like they belittle the woman $#@!?
    That's definitely one of those social differences that should be changed, and I think they are being changed slowly.

But I think the general reasoning behind that difference is because women can generally get laid easier than guys, as long as you have decent looks.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I'm a woman.

There will never be total equality between the sexes because men and women are so different. Now if a woman does a job as good as a man, then she needs to be paid like a man. If a man can be a Nurse like a woman, then pay the man!

Men are better at some things and women are better at somethings. If a woman can be president like a man, then kudos! If she's an emotional mess as president, then she doesn't need to be president of the USA.

It's really simple.

When it comes to sex, it can be a bit tricky.

By the way, I believe men and women should not be $#@!s and sleep with everything that moves.
    Men do like $#@! women but only for fun, men usually do not want to marry $#@! women.

23. Likes Admartian , The Black Wolf, Ixion likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Men do like $#@! women but only for fun, men usually do not want to marry $#@! women.
    I see. So the men who do not like the $#@! women may want to settle down someday.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I see. So the men who do not like the $#@! women may want to settle down someday.
    Not only with marrying, but just having a $#@! girlfriend isn't very desirable either.

For example, that sorority email chick would be a great one-night stand or friend with benefits, but probably not a great girlfriend.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    That's definitely one of those social differences that should be changed, and I think they are being changed slowly.

But I think the general reasoning behind that difference is because women can generally get laid easier than guys, as long as you have decent looks.
    Wait, did you just say women can get sex easier than men? I'm a little uncertain about that. I believe a geeky guy can get a woman before that geeky woman can get a man. It's fewer men in this world than women, thus a lot of competition among women.

Forum Overseer
    I don't think this double standard will ever go away. It's to do with our natural physiology.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    @Black Wolf. Reason being that it's easier for women to stay off sex than men. The sex drives are different. It's like in the culture I grew up. If a woman was extra nice to men in a flirty way, she's a $#@! but I never could figure out why there were double standards. Well, according to the culture I was in born in, you can talk to men but flirting is prohibited. People still do it and it's not a big deal but some people do think negatively of it.

I know it's not a direct analogy but the double standards are there because of the differences of men and women. Which is why when a man does something little like taking his kids to school or a game of some sort, he's an awesome dad but if a woman does it, who cares?
    I can definitely answer the second paragraph and I agree with the 1st paragraph!

The reason why is because there are PLENTY of good mothers out there but it's hard to find a good dad. A lot of fathers aren't in their kids lives. So when you see a father in a kid's life, it's rare and we want that dad to know he's good. We want to encourage him and other men to be fathers to their children. Every child, especially boys, need a father figure in their life. It teaches them how to be a man.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Wait, did you just say women can get sex easier than men? I'm a little uncertain about that. I believe a geeky guy can get a woman before that geeky woman can get a man. It's fewer men in this world than women, thus a lot of competition among women.
    I'm saying that a girl with decent looks can go to a bar/club, pick any single guy she wants, and say '$#@! me'. I'd say she would very very rarely get turned down. A guy with decent looks can't do that. Hell, a guy with perfect looks still can't really do that.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    It's true. Of course, we're all talking in generalities, but it's usually the man trying to impress the woman.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I'm saying that a girl with decent looks can go to a bar/club, pick any single guy she wants, and say '$#@! me'. I'd say she would very very rarely get turned down. A guy with decent looks can't do that. Hell, a guy with perfect looks still can't really do that.
    You're probably right. I'm not a man, I can only see it from the woman's view. So yes, I take that back.

Thread Information