PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Plantary Conquest delayed until the 14th

Prepare For Planetary Conquest

May 02 Reported by CCP FoxFour | Comments Hey guys,
    Fanfest is over, the road to recovery has begun, and I am almost caught up on my email. I hope you all enjoyed Fanfest, either in person or via the stream, as much as everyone at CCP did. Personally I cannot wait until next year!
    On to business though. We announced a while ago that planetary conquest would launch with Uprising on May 6th. Planetary conquest, for those who haven't year heard, is the ability for DUST corporations to conquer districts in the Molden Heath region, acquire the ability to generate clones and ISK, and build facilities that will give bonuses in EVE Online. Full details of the feature can be found in two previous dev blogs here and here. At Fanfest we also announced that certain other features, such as new weapons in DUST, would be coming on May 14th.

The DUST community made it clear to us, both in person at Fanfest and on the forums, that this was not ideal. During Fanfest we didnít have much time to comment on these concerns, but as soon as Fanfest was over members from the Council of Planetary Management (CPM) began immediately asking us to take action and respond to the concerns of the community.

The primary concerns from the community around planetary conquest going live on May 6th were:

• Client downloads going live at different times in different regions give an unfair advantage to certain players.
    • The skill point respec happens on May 6th, but new content (weapons, dropsuits, etc.) being released on May 14th leaves players a hard choice: Spend skill points to do good now and miss out on the new items, or save the skill points and risk missing out on the first wave of conquest.
    • As a community, many players were asking for this.

Based on your feedback, we will not be enabling planetary conquest until May 14th during downtime. The districts will still be there and you will be able to see them, including their surface infrastructure and reinforcement window. The only difference is you will not have the option for deploying clone starter packages to them.

Having the CPM available to not just tell us that something needed to be done, but to discuss the options that we could take in real time was immensely valuable and we thank them greatly for helping us come to a solution on this as quickly as possible.

TL;DR: Districts in in Molden Heath will be conquerable on May 14th.

The above image is how you can expect temperate planets in Molden Heath to look between May 6th and May 14th. The districts will be there, but they will not have an owner.
    That is all for now and we cannot wait to see you guys in battle come May 6th and what you do with Planetary Conquest come May 14th.
    Sincerely,
    Team True Grit
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    wait, they only addressed one of the problems!?

whats happening with the new weapons and skill point allocation?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    wait, they only addressed one of the problems!?

whats happening with the new weapons and skill point allocation?
    Everything else is business as usual with the Uprising build.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    so the respec is on the 6th and the gear is still coming on the 14th?

im confused now

moreso when i try and figure how im going to respec my merc with a thought for what is coming.
    i won't be respecing in tanks for a while though. so i'll have quite a bit of SP to spend elsewhere. i found out that even bog standard equipment mixed with all the modules i unlocked do the swarm launcher very good
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    so the respec is on the 6th and the gear is still coming on the 14th?

im confused now

moreso when i try and figure how im going to respec my merc with a thought for what is coming.
    i won't be respecing in tanks for a while though. so i'll have quite a bit of SP to spend elsewhere. i found out that even bog standard equipment mixed with all the modules i unlocked do the swarm launcher very good
    lol...The ONLY thing changed is no PC...respec, gear, graphics, sound, all new gameplay features and tweaks will hit on the 6th. PC and all the other launch build features hit on the 14th.

I'm laying the foundation for an electronic warfare logi! So fucking amped at what EW will become. [terminating enemy voicecomms] muahahah! I have 10 mill SP atm.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-03-2013 at 11:56.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    thanks for clearing it up ghost

this little bit was what caused the confusion:
    The skill point respec happens on May 6th, but new content (weapons, dropsuits, etc.) being released on May 14th leaves players a hard choice: Spend skill points to do good now and miss out on the new items, or save the skill points and risk missing out on the first wave of conquest.
    so i assume this was moved forward to coincide with uprising's release then

i wan't to spec my assault to use the defense bubbles??? i don't remember what they're called im just going off the descriptions i can remember
    but it would make for an interesting diversionary tactic, especially if they're as colourful as they are in Planetside

get a few heavies to sit inside whilst i flank xD
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    thanks for clearing it up ghost

this little bit was what caused the confusion:

so i assume this was moved forward to coincide with uprising's release then

i wan't to spec my assault to use the defense bubbles??? i don't remember what they're called im just going off the descriptions i can remember
    but it would make for an interesting diversionary tactic, especially if they're as colourful as they are in Planetside

get a few heavies to sit inside whilst i flank xD
    Bubble Shield! I hope they have a variation called Bubble Bobble

Wait till you see whats coming. Basically CCP are in the mode of "Advancing the core". That is , fleshing out, tweaking and refining everything that we have so far, with the tools they have available at the moment. That means that all race variations for armor, vehicles, weapons, items etc are on the agenda, as well as focusing on the core FPS gameplay elements such as vehicle control, merc control, HUD, modules, module functionality, etc etc. In 12 months, DUST will have had another 3 or 4 updates and will be in shape for CCP to move onto elements considered additional to the game's foundation.

Uprising is so close guys, be ready to get blown away One day people will come to see how much of a hardcore and infinitely deep assembly of badassnessDUST 514 is, and you won't have to say anything, your tens of millions of SP will do all the talking. We know what is coming, and when the rest click on, we'll be hardcore super merc vets.

8. Likes Updator wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice

This is real goodwe will be able to form better strategy for PC when we can see the starmap. 3 more days eeeeee.
    i love couch co op

Thread Information