Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    These damn rumors need to stop. This is getting ridiculous. I can't wait until the 21st so all this rumor $#@! can be clarified. This stuff is still all across the board. Which is kind of crazy considering we are so close to a reveal.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

2. Likes mistercrow, Lethal likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yep. I dont expect MS to talk too much on specs with PS4 being more powerful. Most likely they will dwell on OS and Live features and show a couple of games and Kinect 2.0. Maybe announce some 3rd party deals.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep. I dont expect MS to talk too much on specs with PS4 being more powerful. Most likely they will dwell on OS and Live features and show a couple of games and Kinect 2.0. Maybe announce some 3rd party deals.
    I'm expecting a deal with EA to be a big announcement for them. Although it won't be a blockbuster deal they might get select exclusives but likely just timed exclusive stuff like this gen. I agree that this will likely be more about features than touting specs. But who knows. They might come out with a bombshell in the specs department. Sony did it with ddr5 memory so there is nothing saying MS doesn't have something up their sleeve.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    You're aware that a windows 8 PC has a lot of functionality correct? You're aware that a kinect is available for PC correct? There is no way this console's OS is 3gb. At most it will be 1gb. Yes the new Kinect will require more memory but come on, this thing is NOT going to use more than Windows 8 considering this will be a customized version of he OS. Don't worry, Kibect 2.0 will be out for PC as well and people aren't going to need like 8 gigs of ram to use it.

Uh.. Kinect is not an integral part of the Windows 8 experience. On the next Xbox it certainly will be. From what I've heard on B3D the speculation behind the bloated OS figures (which again are vetted by a few good insiders) is probably down to the fact that Kinect 2.0 will have a very large library of gestures and voice commands and etc that it will need constant access too. Among other OS features, like possible DVR functionality.

Anyways, the point is alot of people are saying "Yes, the OS is roughly 3GB in size".

I didn't believe a word of it until several prominent members of that community tacitly gave their approval of the figure. I thought the WiiU's OS was ludicrous, so I found it that much harder to believe Durango's would be 3x the size.

I'm with you on the matter of "what could that thing possibly be doing?". For that matter, if the OS is 3GB then what will be running it? I imagine that it will require some decent horsepower.. Will it have its own dedicated OS chip? Will it suck up multiple Jaguar cores?

Bad mojo.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 05-04-2013 at 18:22.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I think they will talk about power but not specifically specs in general. I suspect they will at least match or surpass what the competition is doing but specs probably won't play much of a role like with this gen. It's good to finally se how they will utilize BR though. I expect their reveal will be a lot like sony's but they will go into a bit more detail but not too much with E-3 right around the corner.

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    These damn rumors need to stop. This is getting ridiculous. I can't wait until the 21st so all this rumor $#@! can be clarified. This stuff is still all across the board. Which is kind of crazy considering we are so close to a reveal.
    It's only going to get worse as we get closer o May 21. Majoruty of these rumours are made up by kids from fanboy sites or fanboys that want to see MS fail. ....anyone that goes out and believes these $#@!amamie stories are loons and idiots.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I think they will talk about power but not specifically specs in general. I suspect they will at least match or surpass what the competition is doing but specs probably won't play much of a role like with this gen. It's good to finally se how they will utilize BR though. I expect their reveal will be a lot like sony's but they will go into a bit more detail but not too much with E-3 right around the corner.
    And what do you have to base this on? We've nothing at hand to suggest the 720 will match, let alone beat, the PS4.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be better for friggin everybody if MS came out with a system that was on par. No watered down multiplats for either platform then.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Too many spelling errors for me to take seriously.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    And what do you have to base this on? We've nothing at hand to suggest the 720 will match, let alone beat, the PS4.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be better for friggin everybody if MS came out with a system that was on par. No watered down multiplats for either platform then.
    History. If MS announces that the xbox 720 will have BC on launch day then IMO they have already surpassed them. The specs won't really matter . Xbox 720 will be just as powerful and will have more services ready on day 1. Sony has already hinted that they won't be ready by stating Gaikai will roll out in phases. We will see by E-3 how this will all work out but i doubt that all playstation brand games will be available with that service. They said that it was their goal and not a given. I guess time will tell but I hope they don't drop the ball on this like they did with home.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Xbox 720 will be just as powerful.
    Based on what?

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post

Ubisoft CEO said the next xbox performance is aligned and matches ps4 performance.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    History. If MS announces that the xbox 720 will have BC on launch day then IMO they have already surpassed them. The specs won't really matter . Xbox 720 will be just as powerful and will have more services ready on day 1. Sony has already hinted that they won't be ready by stating Gaikai will roll out in phases. We will see by E-3 how this will all work out but i doubt that all playstation brand games will be available with that service. They said that it was their goal and not a given. I guess time will tell but I hope they don't drop the ball on this like they did with home.
    ...lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

14. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Based on what?
    Based on xbox and xbox360. Both of these consoles will have about the same horsepower and features. But knowing MS, the next xbox will most likely be more immersive, social, and interactive though.

Ultimate Veteran
    if these rumors are true how will this console make it out ths year??

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I love rumors. It at least keeps things interesting until these companies actually tell us anything.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I won't be getting one but I'll definitely be watching because I'm 90% sure Bethesda's next game will be there.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'll be honest. I don't see too much of a reason to get the next Xbox. I hope this 21/5 thing (euro date format for shtsngiggs...), and E3 will bring me back to where I loved the 360.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'll be honest. I don't see too much of a reason to get the next Xbox. I hope this 21/5 thing (euro date format for shtsngiggs...), and E3 will bring me back to where I loved the 360.
    Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat right now. Guess we'll see on the 21st and E3.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    OK, so I'm not drunk now, so, I'm going to rip this supposed poster a new one and show you how ridiculously stupid this particular "insider is"...

I am being very careful with what I say here for obvious reasons.

Xbox 3 / 720 / Durango is in disarray.

Microsoft were taken completely by surprise by the power of PS4 and the elegance of the design. Their relationship with AMD is also under extreme duress as they feel AMD have given Sony preferential hardware development support (the truth is that Sony's own engineers supported the process)
    Lets start with the obvious, this guys seems to be an insider, from both camps.
    He is either the worlds best spy, of made $#@! up based on what he feels is what happened.
    No developer will know the ins and outs of devlopment of th systems form both camps.
    The only people who would knows this, would be higher level AMD people.
    Conclusion, he's either from AMD, of made this $#@! up.
    Durango was engineered to be 'affordable' not just for the end consumer, but for MS to break even on day one - while including kinect in the box with every system. The apparent complexity of the hardware diagrams is due to lots of choices that are designed to make up for the components used.
    "Apparent complexity" why use the word apparent, could it be because they are going of the VGleaks diagram?
    Yup, end result, hes not form AMD, knows nothing about the actual specs of the next Xbox.
    Microsoft assumed Sony would create a system based on low end hardware and arrogantly (that word aptly describes the exec team following the success of kinect - they think they are strategically untouchable) assumed they would have the same difficulties internally as last gen. To see the ducks in a row is disturbing. Microsoft are very much aware that World Wide Studios represents a force to be reckoned with now Sony has sorted out the cross regional culture.
    Ding ding, news, the PS4 is low end hardware (a significant amount of low end hardware, true), but it is not a high end performance system, and given we have know for how long that the PS4 would be a Jaguar, no one in their right mind would think this came as some sort of surprise to MS.

Developers can't write to the metal on the system, but rather have to use an API - the reason for this is MS are planning regular Apple-style revisions. They have calculated that having lower performance on day one wont matter if over several years they can upgrade the system. A second calculation is that both console's first games will not fully tap into the power of the system. That means that by the time PS4 is hitting its stride, MS will have a new revision on the market. DO NOT EXPECT TO HEAR A WHISPER OF THAT AT LAUNCH. They know people might wait.
    Did he just say that they will create an entire new system after launch? WTF? Is he referring to firmware? cause that $#@! happens all the friggin time.
    Useless scare mongering, and nonsensical bull$#@!.

It is not all bad news though. The reason they weren't at GDC is that they don't want any leaks and did not want to disclose much more than they already have. They have had very positive focus group tests for their plans with both gamers and casual type customers. There is one problem with that. The comments do not take into account how those same people will react after seeing Durango games next to PlayStaion 4.
    ROFL, and vica versa you complete $#@!.
    That said EVERYTHING is running late, there's heating issues and the system OS (which is built around windows 8 to eventually allow unified apps across Xbox, Winphone and PC), isn't ready.

The system is indeed 'coming in hot' in more ways than one.

Developers are frustrated with the complexity of the memory set up and an apparent change in focus by MS (Xbox was their trogan horse to beat Sony in the living room, now they are more concerned about google and Apple).
    He just said trogan.

To confirm / deny rumours:

Must have kinect to work (true, kinect is integrated across the system, but hand tracking means it can offer a touch screen-like experience on your TV)

Always online. (false, the system is ALWAYS CONNECTED, just like PS4 it does a lot of stuff in the background - if you don't connect to the net you can play game but the console isn't worthwhile - a lot of the experience will be about being connected)

Tiered pricing and subscription based subsidy (True)

The system will now come with 12GB of GDDR3 memory (True - this won't make a huge difference to performance in the short term, but it is cheap and gives microsoft one of the few areas where Durango can claim a victory of sorts. The logic is that the average joe will believe more memory is better. Why not? The PC market has been teaching him this for years)

Anti Used Games. (True. They have a system and it works. Time will tell if they decide to implement it though.)

Windows 8 (True. The dashboard is Metro in style, but closer to Windows Phone 8 than the desltop version in style and function. All games will have a live tile tracking stats, friends, etc)

Xbox 360 SOC (True. MS will be pushing this HEAVILY as Sony dont have it. One of the key messages on May 21 will be that your entire library is coming with you to next gen. The kicker though? Durango upscales 360 games to 1080p output. Again this is one of the few areas MS can claim a lead over Sony and they will push this a lot)

Chief will be in attendance at Launch. Possibly saved for E3, but Microsofts biggest games will not miss launch when they are going head to head with Sony. While not quite an original story, you'll play various missions from the Chief's career before Halo 1 in a squad based co op shooter. Think Halo x Borderlands in many ways - the character creation and upgrade system from Halo 4 is being carried over but will be pat of the campaign). Think spartan ops on steroids.

At this point it could go either way - MS are down to the wire on everything. The system and key games could slip - there's some very tired engineers at Xbox Campus. Pay very close attention on the 21st - the slight of hand could be just as big as Sony in 2005 if things not gelled).
    Rest is conjecture/educated guesswork.

Mock him, mock him well, for he does deserve this.Slightly mentally distributed to be creating this, very, very unbelievable in terms of what he supposedly "knows" form both camps, and totally unprofessional.

From the mind of a 16 year old.

Trogan!!!!
    Last edited by mynd; 05-05-2013 at 02:20.

22. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    OK, so I'm not drunk now, so, I'm going to rip this supposed poster a new one and show you how ridiculously stupid this particular "insider is"...

Lets start with the obvious, this guys seems to be an insider, from both camps.
    He is either the worlds best spy, of made $#@! up based on what he feels is what happened.
    No developer will know the ins and outs of devlopment of th systems form both camps.
    The only people who would knows this, would be higher level AMD people.
    Conclusion, he's either from AMD, of made this $#@! up.

"Apparent complexity" why use the word apparent, could it be because they are going of the VGleaks diagram?
    Yup, end result, hes not form AMD, knows nothing about the actual specs of the next Xbox.

Ding ding, news, the PS4 is low end hardware (a significant amount of low end hardware, true), but it is not a high end performance system, and given we have know for how long that the PS4 would be a Jaguar, no one in their right mind would think this came as some sort of surprise to MS.

Did he just say that they will create an entire new system after launch? WTF? Is he referring to firmware? cause that $#@! happens all the friggin time.
    Useless scare mongering, and nonsensical bull$#@!.

ROFL, and vica versa you complete $#@!.

He just said trogan.

Rest is conjecture/educated guesswork.

Mock him, mock him well, for he does deserve this.Slightly mentally distributed to be creating this, very, very unbelievable in terms of what he supposedly "knows" form both camps, and totally unprofessional.

From the mind of a 16 year old.

Trogan!!!!
    BS, he's 100% correct!!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    BS, he's 100% correct!!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    ^I don't think MS will reveal any bad side of next-box on 21 tho...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Thread Information