Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55
  1. #1
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Xbox devkit specs 5/2013


  2. #2
    Elite Member
    D3seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Severn, Maryland
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Posts
    1,831
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    1,932 (20,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim
    Intrigued



  3. #3
    Apprentice
    DeadCrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    443
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    6,312 (0 Banked)
    "Hi, I am a developer at a big studio" That made me laugh.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

  4. Likes Ixion , mistercrow likes this post
  5. #4
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Saw this a bit ago, I don't believe a word of it.


  6. #5
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,674
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    36,384 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol that's a lot of ram! 8 ddr3 (2 for os) and 6 gddr5! So they did scrap things and did a redesign...rumors we love em

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Forum Sage
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,544
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    15,436 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Im assuming the ddr3 works better for windows 8 and ddr5 for gaming. This is probably true just the other day i researched a thread that has this same design posted back in January of 2013 before those bogus specs from VGleaks but if you go to VGleaks website and B3d they updated from ddr3 to ddr4.

    This is the thread posted by X2 back in January.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ram-Looks-like

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  8. #7
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Key2001
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    9,124 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Im assuming the ddr3 works better for windows 8 and ddr5 for gaming. This is probably true just the other day i researched a thread that has this same design posted back in January of 2013 before those bogus specs from VGleaks but if you go to VGleaks website and B3d they updated from ddr3 to ddr4.

    This is the thread posted by X2 back in January.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ram-Looks-like
    DDR4 is far too costly at the moment to include in a $500 or cheaper console due to the lack of volume production.

    In June of last year it was quoted that a single 4Gbit chip of DDR4 costs $30. To achieve 8GB of DDR4 they would need sixteen of these chips putting the price at $480. I am sure the price has dropped some since then but it wouldn't have dropped by much since volume production hasn't started.

    Once volume production starts the price will greatly drop (predicted to be around $5 per 4Gbit chip), but current predictions has volume shipments starting in 2015 or 2016 (volume production would probably start slightly sooner).

    The article X2 posted is also from misterxmedia, I wouldn't take anything he posts serious. You are not going to get the specs he is claiming in a console for anywhere near $500, not the mention the power consumption and heat problems the console would have.

    Edit: If you want anymore proof misterxmedia is talking out of his ass take a look at his blog with his current claims; such as the dual GPU 4Tf+ claim.
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 05-04-2013 at 06:15.

  9. #8
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    GDDR5 is faster than DDR3 so it works better for Windows 8. But the next xbox won't be running Windows 8 anyway tho.

  10. #9
    Forum Sage
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,544
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    15,436 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    DDR4 is far too costly at the moment to include in a $500 or cheaper console due to the lack of volume production.

    In June of last year it was quoted that a single 4Gbit chip of DDR4 costs $30. To achieve 8GB of DDR4 they would need sixteen of these chips putting the price at $480. I am sure the price has dropped some since then but it wouldn't have dropped by much since volume production hasn't started.
    Once volume production starts the price will greatly drop (predicted to be around $5 per 4Gbit chip), but current predictions has volume shipments starting in 2015 or 2016 (volume production would probably start slightly sooner).
    The article X2 posted is also from misterxmedia, I wouldn't take anything he posts serious. You are not going to get the specs he is claiming in a console for anywhere near $500, not the mention the power

    consumption and heat problems the console would have.
    The guys over st B3D are quite adamtly about MS updating to Ddr4 as VGLeaks...maybe MS is going to take a loss on the cosole in the first three years then the price of DDR4 will be down for them to start turnung a profit same thing they did with the 360 ....im still sesrching for the B3D article but i came across this article. They are using DDR4.
    http://xbox720insiders.com/xbox-720-...tails-durango/

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  11. #10
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Key2001
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    9,124 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    The guys over st B3D are quite adamtly about MS updating to Ddr4 as VGLeaks...maybe MS is going to take a loss on the cosole in the first three years then the price of DDR4 will be down for them to start turnung a profit same thing they did with the 360 ....im still sesrching for the B3D article but i came across this article. They are using DDR4.
    http://xbox720insiders.com/xbox-720-...tails-durango/
    I don't know how MS would get around the price then. Even if the price is cheaper than last year it would likely still be at least $300 to $400 for 8GB worth of DDR4 and likely not to change much until ~2015.

    Perhaps MS originally planned to go or was thinking about going with DDR4 since volume production was originally predicted to start late 2012/early 2013, but since volume production has been delayed I doubt they stuck with DDR4.

    There is just no way they can afford 8GB of DDR4 to put in a $500 or cheaper console at the current prices.

    June 12, 2012
    There's no rush, really, as Garber notes that the price for DDR4 is outrageous. A 1Gbit DDR3 chip is $1.40, while a 2Gbit chip is $1.70, and a 4Gbit DDR4 chip is $30. By December, when volume production kicks in, that will drop to $5 and by this time next year, it will be $2.50, she said.
    http://www.desktopreview.com/default.asp?newsID=1884

    Keep in mind volume production has been delayed and is not expected until late 2014/early 2015 at the earliest(production should start before shipments).

    Apr 12, 2013
    But analysts said that DDR4 will likely take on volume shipments starting in 2015 or 2016, starting in servers followed by client devices like PCs.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/20341...ng-delays.html
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 05-04-2013 at 04:22.

  12. #11
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    If this is true than MS will be taking a significant loss per unit to match ps4 in pricing. Also 2.7 TF GPU......dayum

  13. #12
    Forum Sage
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,544
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    15,436 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    If this is true than MS will be taking a significant loss per unit to match ps4 in pricing. Also 2.7 TF GPU......dayum
    There is a price leak thread i posted that MS releasing two consoles one will be a basic 300 .00 and the second 500.00 a hi-end model.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  14. #13
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    There is a price leak thread i posted that MS releasing two consoles one will be a basic 300 .00 and the second 500.00 a hi-end model.
    and I can't see ps4 launching more than $399 so again MS is in trouble unless all gamers opt for the 2 year live plan

    Not that I'm complaining about specs from both sides, I wish we got +2tf GPUs
    Last edited by Itachi; 05-04-2013 at 04:45.

  15. #14
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Guys' cmon let's be real here. No, there will not be a 2.7TF GPU, no there will not be DDR4 or 8GB of DDR3 + 6GB of GDDR5 or whatever.. This is all absurd, just listen to it. What would the thermals be on this box? It would be complete insanity. Not to mention its power draw.

    That kind of flop count is closing in on GTX680 territory. It's not happening, especially not for a box that will have to cost under $600 USD.

    I think the reality is much closer to:

    1.2TF GPU (maybe slightly higher), 8core Jaguar CPU, special silicon (DME's, custom audio block, etc) 8-12GB of DDR3. That's it.


  16. #15
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Key2001
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    9,124 (0 Banked)
    I think at some time in the second half of 2012 Microsoft must have realised that their vision of a console powered by an APU with 1.23 TFLOPS graphics processing power will have a hard time competing with the PS4.
    Not a chance this is real, not with so little time left until reveal/launch with the changes the article is claiming.

    • Switch from a APU setupt with a 1.23 TFlops GPU (7770) to a completely different discrete CPU and GPU (something better than a 7870) with the GPU being ~2.7 Tflops.

    • Some time between these changes and this past week MS sent out a dev kit with a lower clock GPU resulting in ~2.3Tflops.

    • Switch from unified RAM (8GB DDR3) to a split RAM (8GB DDR3 + 6GB DDR5).

    • Removal of eSRAM and Move Engines(would have to be removed with these changes).


    This would mean they had to start completely over designed, testing and anything that goes into making a console. They somehow did this in 4 to 6 months and somehow they are having a reveal this month with games that somehow were unaffected by this. Oh, and somehow they will be doing all of this with these specs for a $500 console.

  17. Likes Two4DaMoney , TheBreezyBB , Cyn , Vulgotha likes this post
  18. #16
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ^tldr; Impossible, never gonna happen.


  19. #17
    Forum Sage
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,544
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    15,436 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Lets not assume the got the ddr4 chips 4-6 months ago. It is possible they ould have received these chips in 2010 .

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  20. #18
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Key2001
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    9,124 (0 Banked)
    I am not assuming they got them 4-6 months ago; which is possible since test samples didn't go out until 2011 and the final standard wasn't decided on until Summer of 2012.

    None of that or when Microsoft received test samples really matters though. When Microsoft first received DDR4 samples is not going to change the face that DDR4 is extremely expensive at the moment, far too much to include in a $500 console. This won't change much until volume production starts in late 2014/early 2015(probably alongside Haswell-E).
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 05-04-2013 at 07:15.

  21. #19
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    So fake

  22. #20
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,532
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    16,338 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    A few *people are having a blast by toying with people that are wanting the 720 to be the strongest next gen. These weird specs only started to pop up after the 720 was supposedly to not have the upperhand any longer. edit:
    Ryunosuke pointed out a lot of reasons why things doesn't make sense and won't happen.

    "Well, the ps4 got a ram upgrade that people said was impossible. Why can't a 720 upgrade happen..." <---- This way of thinking is why people still have hope.

    *People that's making up these weird rumors.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 05-04-2013 at 14:36.


  23. Likes mynd likes this post
  24. #21
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,849
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    167,445 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Tis ducked up. All of it. Everything.

  25. #22
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    People just need to accept the fact that the PS4 is going to be more powerful than the 720. These rumors are fun to talk about but at the end of the day its still bs.

  26. #23
    Forum Sage
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,544
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    15,436 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    No, people should start accepting these rumors are a fudd and told by loons.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  27. #24
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,849
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    167,445 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't get it eh, I mean whats the purpose of these rumors?

    1/ To gain notoriety?? They are all "anonymous, so that cant be it?

    2/ Just pure speculation? Why bother?

    3/ A "shred" of truth, told form a friend of a friend? Again, who could be completely making it up.

    4/ Just plain taking the piss, and laughing at anyone who believes you made up rumour?

    5/ Actually true? Too many for all of them to be.

  28. #25
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I don't get it eh, I mean whats the purpose of these rumors? 1/ To gain notoriety?? They are all "anonymous, so that cant be it? 2/ Just pure speculation? Why bother? 3/ A "shred" of truth, told form a friend of a friend? Again, who could be completely making it up. 4/ Just plain taking the piss, and laughing at anyone who believes you made up rumour? 5/ Actually true? Too many for all of them to be.
    My guess would be number 4.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.