PSN ID
    D3RM1AN

Was BF3 PREMIUM worth it? & what to want in BF4 PREMIUM

Okay, so I want to ask a question to all the Battlefield players out there - Was BF3 PREMIUM worth the money? & What do you want to in BF4 PREMIUM if you're getting it.

Opinions please!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I got premium for £18 and having playing all the extra maps, games modes, completing majority of the assignments for trophies and dog tags and I can easily say I would have paid full price for it from day one. Thought it was magnificent.

If its the same for BF4 then I'll definitely be getting it.

Apprentice
    I've been thinking about getting BF3...i've really tired of Black Ops2 and it's ways..is BF3 a totally different game...i've played it only a couple times

PSN ID
    D3RM1AN
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiius View Post
    I've been thinking about getting BF3...i've really tired of Black Ops2 and it's ways..is BF3 a totally different game...i've played it only a couple times
    Yeah battlefield 3's waaaaaaay different from Black ops 2. It's not as fast-paced and annoying but it's can be so much more intense on the right maps.

Dedicated Member

I found it was definitely worth it. It depends on how much you play it in my opinion. I have played every day since launch and for me it was. Next time around, I hope there's even more maps and vehicles etc. I'm sure there will be, as the PS4 and next Xbox should be able to handle more players and larger maps. I'm sure it will come with it's share of useless gee gaws as well!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Well Premium by itself costs more than BF3 did at launch. For that you get ~50% additional maps spread out over a year, some new guns but a lot less than in the original game. So the answer is no, hell no. Premium is good but the price is not right. But its EA so... yeah. However it does become worth it if you buy it 50/50 with a friend and game share it.

The edition you can buy now in shops with the full game plus premium for like £35, that is definitely worth it.

PSN ID
    D3RM1AN
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    The edition you can buy now in shops with the full game plus premium for like £35, that is definitely worth it.
    Have to agree with you there.
    But I literally paid for the limited edition Battlefield 3 which gave karkand for free, so that meant I paid for 4/5 DLCs for idk...£80 altogether, the game plus premium. So I feel like a idiot now knowing that premium with the game is only bloody £35

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I waited until a sale so got it for £28 but if I waited an extra month I would have been able to buy it for £20 (50% off.)

The actual premium edition of the game which includes the base game and all premium DLC is only about a fiver more than the premium DLC pack on its own.

I have not played BF3 for about 2months though.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

The actual premium edition of the game which includes the base game and all premium DLC is only about a fiver more than the premium DLC pack on its own.

I have not played BF3 for about 2months though.
    On console the premium pack on its own is more expensive than the game+DLC you can buy at retail

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    The game is fun and theres alot of content from the DLC, personally i havent played any DLC content after B2K yet though except for the new weapons. The game is strangely not as addictive as alot of the classic online FPS games though which is a bit weird since i enjoyed the original BF1942 on a steady basis and i can constantly play the online versus mode of l4d2. Its been quite on/off for me personally with this game, i can play it days end for 2 weeks and then not touch it for 1 months. I feel its gone a bit too fast with this game personally even though i bought the non dlc game first back in the day. N ot too sure about BF4 it looks sorta too similar so far but i might end up picking it on day 1 so i can actually play it more steady so the DLC feels fresh when they come. 3 months between the DLC was a bit short imo with bf3

Since theres prob 6 months till bf4 i think its worth picking up with the DLC though, the main games maps was more than enough for me so far nto to get bored with em but i do play more B2K maps now
    Last edited by GalapagosaraY; 05-06-2013 at 15:21.

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Its so worth it I bought the original edition 2nd hand for £18 and I read the Premium Edition was out a week later, plus the game I got kept crashing/locking up so I took it back once the Premium was out and asked if I could swap and add to the price of the P.E version and I found it so worth it maps and add ons are awesome I haven't played a MW game since 2 and never will because I find BF3 miles better for better battles. If you get into the right game and have the right players the game can swing from your team to there's really quickly I also find vehicles add a better experience to the match I would buy the P.E most definitely

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Thread Information