Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    What? Since when was it only racism when someone feels their own race is superior?

If a black person thinks that blacks are inferior to whites, that is racism.
    It says it in any dictionary when you look up the definition to racist or racism.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    I don't disagree with what you say here, all I'm saying is don't immediately jump on the "it's racist" or "it's just skin" bandwagon simply because it's convenient. There are all sorts of reasons why someone from one race may not feel comfortable with any number of different races.
    I didn't "jump on" anything. I said if you are a person that judges on skin color alone, you have issues. I feel the same way about stereotypes and cultural differences too . Get to know the person before you judge. If you are gonna boldly come out and say that you don't date a certain race or whatever, then i feel you should at least say why to avoid coming across as offensive because you never know how certain people will take it. It's just common courtesy and and being respectful. Just because a person is one race it doesn't mean that their whole family is that same race.

I transposed the word "it" to read "so it does bother you", my fault.
    It was pretty clear i was asking a question. Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

ROFL!!! Don't flatter yourself pal! I was following this thread long before you made a post....
    And like always you were lurking and waiting. You just proved that.

Substance, you have to understand that most people don't care to know the person or to know in depth, most people make their decisions on a whim. I don't think it has to do mostly with race, I think it probably has more to do with stereotypes than race.
    I understand that but I still don't agree with it. My view is that you can't judge anyone if you really don't know them. Don't assume so much.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    It says it in any dictionary when you look up the definition to racist or racism.
    Like if I think Asians (not southeast Asians as that would be my race) are superior to Caucasians, that still means that I'm racist.

Dedicated Member
    No it doesn't. Here's the closest thing I could find:

dictionary.com:
    a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
    Merriam Webster:

a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    Oxford:
    the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:
    But whatever. If someone thinks their own race is inferior, they are still conceding that atleast one race is superior to their own. Which ever way you look at it, one race is being seen as superior to another.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Like if I think Asians (not southeast Asians as that would be my race) are superior to Caucasians, that still means that I'm racist.
    That is just ignorance.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That is just ignorance.
    Well I think the 2 can often be mutually inclusive.
    Racism and ignorance.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Well I think the 2 can often be mutually inclusive.
    Racism and ignorance.
    So do i. I think you can be ignorant and not racist too.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    No its not racist at all, looooool!
    I have Black, Asian and whatever friends but I would never date a black chick, I have no desire to and find them unappealing.

I would happily date an Asian girl tho, even the average looking ones peak my interest.
    You live in Australia tho and the (blacks) Abo's here are more cro magnon than $#@! sapien, i wouldn't touch one of them with a ten-foot pole since they never learned to evolve. (Body and culture)

Nothing wrong with a fine looking African american like Beyonce tho.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    You live in Australia tho and the (blacks) Abo's here are more cro magnon than $#@! sapien, i wouldn't touch one of them with a ten-foot pole since they never learned to evolve. (Body and culture)
    Your post is leaking its thick racism and/or ignorance.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Super Elite
    Items User name style

Holy crap, dude. What?
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Veteran
    I didn't "jump on" anything. I said if you are a person that judges on skin color alone, you have issues. I feel the same way about stereotypes and cultural differences too . Get to know the person before you judge. If you are gonna boldly come out and say that you don't date a certain race or whatever, then i feel you should at least say why to avoid coming across as offensive because you never know how certain people will take it. It's just common courtesy and and being respectful. Just because a person is one race it doesn't mean that their whole family is that same race.
    Agreed.

It was pretty clear i was asking a question. Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions.
    Like I said.... I read it differently and didn't catch it. Don't tell me you've never misread something before.

And like always you were lurking and waiting. You just proved that.
    LOL!!! You're too funny dude! Waiting for YOU to post? Please! Again, don't flatter yourself.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    Holy crap, dude. What?
    yea, i know....lol

Like I said.... I read it differently and didn't catch it. Don't tell me you've never misread something before.
    ok i wont.

It could be how they were raised or how their parents are. I know my dad is very racist and I'm dating a black girl and my sister married a Vietnamese man and he's not happy with either of us at all. That could be a reason.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

woah....da hell

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Your post is leaking its thick racism and/or ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    Holy crap, dude. What?
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    woah....da hell
    You think i'm kidding til you meet one.
    The difference in skull shape is what i meant by cro mag.
    You know how aboriginals are more like the one on the left.

If you still don't understand then take a trip to Darwin, they use the Police as taxis over there and sell roadkill at markets as food.

I am not kidding.
    Last edited by Bitbydeath; 05-12-2013 at 11:40.

Friendship is Carrots
    I don't think you're kidding, I just think you're being racist. Had you said that about any other ethnic group or race, you'd have a beatdown from the staff for it. I mean, there's really not anything to your post. Australian aboriginals aren't 'less evolved' than anyone else; they're human beings just as much as me or you. Their skull is shaped slightly different? Well yes, there's minor differences globally on that for all of our species.

It sounds to me you're looking at what's left of their original culture, which is attempting to still blend with western invasion, and laughing at it. When the issue isn't an inherent difference but instead one of different life developments.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Elite Member
    If a girl says to you, "I'm not racist, but I wouldn't date a black man. I don't date out of my race and I only date white guys." Would you classify that girl or guy as a racist? Would you date out of race?

Me? Yes I would date out of race. I'd try to work through the racial culture differences.
    I'm gonna say yes it is racist to say you wouldn't date someone for no other reason than a persons race. The polite thing to say or more logical would be to say you want to date someone like your father or mother. Without really having to go into much detail about race you avoid hurting peoples feelings and you dont give off a negative projection. Saying you won't date someone just because of their race makes you look like a bigot. In the end words have meaning what you ment to say isn't always what you've said because what you say others will interpert those words for what they literally mean.

Also to say your not racist because you have friends of another race is pretty racist. It's like wearing your friends as a suit of armor if someone were to accuse you of being racist you should have a better response than that. If someone were to call me a racist I would ask them why do they think I'm racist what have I done to offend you or anyone else for that matter.

If you don't want to be called a racist or people to think your a racist maybe you should take other peoples feelings into consideration whether you give 2 cents about them or not. In the end it's the impression you leave on the other person that matters. Obviously you're someone who cares about yourself and how other people see you which is commendable. A lot of people are just ignorant, rude, and self centered there's this myth out there called common sense in actuality it isn't common. For the record though I'll say this there are far more issues to not date a person other than race and if that's you're on pretense to having a sexual relationship with someone I hope that you die alone and never have chance to have your seed spread.

I quoted you just to get back on topic I'm not accusing you of anything in just speaking in general.
    Last edited by hood; 05-12-2013 at 18:30.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Dedicated Member
    Dang this site makes me feel old sometimes. This is something that may have bothered me 10+ years ago.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Master Sage
    I don't think you're kidding, I just think you're being racist. Had you said that about any other ethnic group or race, you'd have a beatdown from the staff for it. I mean, there's really not anything to your post. Australian aboriginals aren't 'less evolved' than anyone else; they're human beings just as much as me or you. Their skull is shaped slightly different? Well yes, there's minor differences globally on that for all of our species.

It sounds to me you're looking at what's left of their original culture, which is attempting to still blend with western invasion, and laughing at it. When the issue isn't an inherent difference but instead one of different life developments.
    They haven't blended in and have no need to.
    The government (also to blame) pays their way for everything, buys them houses, pays their bills and gives them food. They have literally no need to work as money is not required.

Friendship is Carrots
    They haven't blended in and have no need to.
    The government (also to blame) pays their way for everything, buys them houses, pays their bills and gives them food. They have literally no need to work as money is not required.
    Right. Like I said, you're racist.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Forum Sage
    Right. Like I said, you're racist.
    I don't know about that but his statement does say he has a certain mindset about a certain group of people, which is probably not accurate and just based on ignorance. It's probably something he heard others say.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 05-13-2013 at 16:37.

Forum Overseer
    That's not racism, that's more like prejudism. The indigenous population is probably part of Asia and Africa...now if he was specifically talking about the entire race and not just the ones living in Australia, that would be racism. Really, racism is a confusing word as we're so mixed now, you don't know who anyone is talking about anymore.

We should focus more on ethnicity. Yes, he's being prejudice against those certain ethnic people. Prejudice means that he's arriving at a conclusion without knowing facts.

My opinion is, while it may seem that they are lesser of the species, we don't know until we conduct actual research. There are plenty of cultures out there where people may seem less civilized and less educated or intelligent but it may have to do with their circumstances rather than something inherited by their specific gene pool.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    That's not racism, that's more like prejudism. The indigenous population is probably part of Asia and Africa...now if he was specifically talking about the entire race and not just the ones living in Australia, that would be racism. Really, racism is a confusing word as we're so mixed now, you don't know who anyone is talking about anymore.
    -Blacks are less evolved than us. Look at the definitions of their skulls, and notice the slightly larger brow and more square jaw. Their skulls are closer to resembling the skull of apes and chimpanzees than ours. They've (natives) shown to be incompetent with adjusting to our society. I wouldn't touch one with a 10-foot pole, because they and their culture is clearly not as evolved as ours.-

How is that anything but blatant racism? All you need to do is replace 'blacks' with 'aboriginals' and you have exactly what Bitbydeath has stated in this thread. There's nothing confusing about this...
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Forum Sage
    -Blacks are less evolved than us. Look at the definitions of their skulls, and notice the slightly larger brow and more square jaw. Their skulls are closer to resembling the skull of apes and chimpanzees than ours. They've (natives) shown to be incompetent with adjusting to our society. I wouldn't touch one with a 10-foot pole, because they and their culture is clearly not as evolved as ours.-

How is that anything but blatant racism? All you need to do is replace 'blacks' with 'aboriginals' and you have exactly what Bitbydeath has stated in this thread. There's nothing confusing about this...
    You made some good points and that statement from him could definitely be taken as racist by some. I don't know him personally and would never call him one, but when you say things like that, some people will assume that you are. I don't know if he meant to say it that way, but the way he put it was very offensive, and he basically degraded a whole group of people off of obvious ignorance. It definitely goes to prove that racism is taught and always will be.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 05-13-2013 at 18:20.

Forum Overseer

grr stupid website. i had this whole thing typed up but it went away.

See, why I'm confused about the whole thing is that if this guy actually saw a pretty girl from that culture, he wouldn't think the same about her. Or if he had met someone intelligent.

So he's trying to describe something, while I agree that it may certainly have some racist remarks in there, I think most of it is just prejudice.

He's making assumptions based on generalized ideas.

It's like e.g. there was this old fat white guy on CNN that I always thought, looked like a bulldog. Does that make me racist? Sometimes I make judgements based on a person's looks (regardless of race/ethnicity), that's not racism.

I think Asians are the smartest race out there (specifically talking about far eastern ones) but while I know that it has more to do with their culture, I'm sure a lot of people believe that based on their race (shape, color etc.), that's more like prejudism that seems racism but it's not.

i guess there's a thin line, i'm not trying to argue but i'm trying to find the best label for him lol.

Well he's wrong about one thing for sure, they're not Blacks, they're a mix of African/Asian. Black is a word used for people of African decent in US.

Thread Information