Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    DX 11.5.. Developers reducing textures on an 8GB system while PC cards have up to 4GB on highest end hardware. A person from Microsoft specifically checking development kits (presumably there are kits all over the world and several hundreds of them).

I say legit.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    "Severely more powerful than the PS4"? Yep - definitely "more plausible" a rumour.

Be Together - Not the same.

Ultimate Veteran
    I'm fairly convinced that a Sony fanboy makes up these rumors to send expectations to the moon.

Superior Member
    So there are rumors stating that the Xbox is way behind schedule and another that it's on track. There are rumors that the Xbox is a beast and that it's a sloth. There are rumors that it's in disarray and others that it's not.

Why do some believe ONLY the negative and others believe ONLY the positive? As of now, I don't believe any of them and since the rumors all over the place I don't think they're even worth posting at this point.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Tho this rumor seems more plausible
    http://pastebin.com/iwgKTs2g

We've just finished our Kinect enabled application and its currently in review with Microsoft. It's gone through 3 reviews and the last review the MS developers failed us for 2 specific issues

1. our application on the latest beta SDK was exceeding 130MB continuously even when pushed to the background, apparently api's have changed in how applications are pushed to the background and certain events we were wiring up to no longer ran in a particular order. We needed to rework quite a lot of code to remedy this.

2. we made use of new DirectX 11.5 api's around prt's and we were not correctly clearing out the memory, even thou it is now unified we still need to ensure that memory is cleared out correctly. We missed this because of how the render planes work, they changed in the last update and these planes are now nicely virtualized BUT before a plane is pushed to the background and before its virtualized we need to wire up an event to close connections and clear/dispose objects.

It's taken us 4 days to make these changes and as of this morning we've submitted what we hope is our last package to!

We already have 2 apps , this is our third and we hope we can make the cut for launch.

My fellow developers in the AAA Game studio, myself am in the APP studio, are in the last sprint before submission for review. They needed to rework the engine from ground up to take advantage of PRT's .. PRT's are a serious game changer, I have seen the textures they designers are coming up with , massively massive textures that span huge surface areas of a world all within a single texture. It's amazing what I've seen coming out from my fellow game developers/designers. And the real-time ray tracing (path) is a sight to behold, the global illumination and particle systems in our new engine is something I would not have thought possible for many years. You will be blown away when you see this hopefully on launch date..

Microsoft are clearly being very cautious on it's dev boxes/servers and its sdk's, there are daily check ups from the MS guys ensuring the boxes are not tampered with. Also the lockdown of our development offices is insane, its like those Intel adverts where the scientist is wearing a blue overall suite and they go into a sealed room with only what there wearing. It's the same for us, our development offices are closed off and in the last 3 months the number of security cards have pretty much tripled. Lots of security for us coders, but its also very exciting.

It's clear from my use of the sdk and the development environment that MS are definitely on track, they have a brilliant developer story that I know other developers will fall in love with once its public.

One last thing, my fellow game developer colleagues have pretty much said that they believe the Xbox is severely more powerful than the PS4, they were very surprised with just how much.. They've spent a great deal of effort reducing certain game textures/animations and the engine in general just to get a decent 60fps on the PS4. Clearly in their eyes the Xbox is leaps and bounds ahead of the PS4.

Can't wait for you all to see our game and apps hopefully on reveal day, but definetely at launch!
    does this mean Xbox-next will be better than 360?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    So there are rumors stating that the Xbox is way behind schedule and another that it's on track. There are rumors that the Xbox is a beast and that it's a sloth. There are rumors that it's in disarray and others that it's not. Why do some believe ONLY the negative and others believe ONLY the positive? As of now, I don't believe any of them and since the rumors all over the place I don't think they're even worth posting at this point.
    Yeah there are so many rumors contradicting each other that I'm not putting much stock in either the positive nor the negative. May 21st we'll find out the truth be it good or bad.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    More rumors. I did hear about the ray tracing rumors months ago. If it turns out to be true then that will be really impressive. Supposedly this is what the pixar movies use. I would definitely have to see that one to believe it.
    Come on 21 may.

Come down off the moon. It's not going to happen to the degree in which you are thinking. Just refer to how the unreal 4 engine had to be downgraded even for the pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    IMO Administrstors or Mods should put a ban on all the negative rumors being posted in this section. The negative rumours are started by fanboys that wants to see MS fail and kids from fanboy sites.
    Not saying the negative rumors have more truth to them but the things talked about in these "positive" rumors are bs when it's broken down. There's only so much power you can put inside a console that has to be 200watts(I think that's the correct number)

If the 720 is leaps and bounds more powerful than the ps4 then you can pretty much expect it to cost more. Costing more would be a huge mistake. Just look at this gen(ps3/360 era). The year headstart is what's keeping them in front of the ps3. On a YOY average, the ps3 sells more than the 360 and that's with the 360 having the price advantage.

The 720 costing more is taking away a huge advantage. Releasing the same month as the ps4 is taking away a huge advantage and hoping that kinect takes off as it did with the 360 is a gamble when you look at how wii casuals are not interested in the wii U and all those wii casuals did not set their eye on kinect for an alternative(100m wiis/25m kinects).
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 05-05-2013 at 18:58.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

Not saying the negative rumors have more truth to them but the things talked about in these "positive" rumors are bs when it's broken down. There's only so much power you can put inside a console that has to be 200watts(I think that's the correct number)

If the 720 is leaps and bounds more powerful than the ps4 then you can pretty much expect it to cost more. Costing more would be a huge mistake. Just look at this gen(ps3/360 era). The year headstart is what's keeping them in front of the ps3. On a YOY average, the ps3 sells more than the 360 and that's with the 360 having the price advantage.

The 720 costing more is taking away a huge advantage. Releasing the same month as the ps4 is taking away a huge advantage and hoping that kinect takes off as it did with the 360 is a gamble when you look at how wii casuals are not interested in the wii U and all those wii casuals did not set their eye on kinect for an alternative(100m wiis/25m kinects).
    Comparing kinect 2 to wii -u is like apples and oranges. You can't deny that kinect does have it's audience and it's no more of a gamble than any other device out there.

As for as the 720 price, it all depends on how much of a loss they are willing to take. I'm not saying that they will do this, but it's possible that they can make up for those losses in other areas. They can afford to take a hit like that. Will they? Probably not but I don't think MS is that stupid to relinquish their position on the US market. They are in a strong position and have plenty of cash reserves and they seem to be pretty determined to stay ahead of the competition.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Trogan!!!!! - This is my new catch phrase for rumors.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Trogan!!!!! - This is my new catch phrase for rumors.
    Trojan?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Trojan?
    No Trogan!!!

You need check one of the other rumors out.

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...is-in-disarray

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    No Trogan!!!

You need check one of the other rumors out.

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...is-in-disarray
    I see now.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Just for the record, a PRT in computer graphics is pre-computed radiance transfer.

Partially resident textures, is what hes talking about, and Im not sure how thats a game changer, that just "megatextures" from RAGE.
    Last edited by mynd; 05-05-2013 at 22:59.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    IMO Administrstors or Mods should put a ban on all the negative rumors being posted in this section.
    Thats ridiculous. If theres something good OR bad about any of these consoles I want to know about it even its at the rumor stage.

Soldier 95B
    Positive rumors must be false.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Positive rumors must be false.
    Jesus h Christ... You guys gonna spam this $#@! in every thread? We read it a million Times before!!

Can we have a thread whinning rule?
    (guess I would have a warning/infraction for breaking said rule with this post

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by snooper71; 05-06-2013 at 13:54.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Soldier 95B
    It was a joke son, relax.

Thread Information