Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru

Another Day and Another rumor!1

Tho this rumor seems more plausible

http://pastebin.com/iwgKTs2g

We've just finished our Kinect enabled application and its currently in review with Microsoft. It's gone through 3 reviews and the last review the MS developers failed us for 2 specific issues

1. our application on the latest beta SDK was exceeding 130MB continuously even when pushed to the background, apparently api's have changed in how applications are pushed to the background and certain events we were wiring up to no longer ran in a particular order. We needed to rework quite a lot of code to remedy this.

2. we made use of new DirectX 11.5 api's around prt's and we were not correctly clearing out the memory, even thou it is now unified we still need to ensure that memory is cleared out correctly. We missed this because of how the render planes work, they changed in the last update and these planes are now nicely virtualized BUT before a plane is pushed to the background and before its virtualized we need to wire up an event to close connections and clear/dispose objects.

It's taken us 4 days to make these changes and as of this morning we've submitted what we hope is our last package to!

We already have 2 apps , this is our third and we hope we can make the cut for launch.

My fellow developers in the AAA Game studio, myself am in the APP studio, are in the last sprint before submission for review. They needed to rework the engine from ground up to take advantage of PRT's .. PRT's are a serious game changer, I have seen the textures they designers are coming up with , massively massive textures that span huge surface areas of a world all within a single texture. It's amazing what I've seen coming out from my fellow game developers/designers. And the real-time ray tracing (path) is a sight to behold, the global illumination and particle systems in our new engine is something I would not have thought possible for many years. You will be blown away when you see this hopefully on launch date..

Microsoft are clearly being very cautious on it's dev boxes/servers and its sdk's, there are daily check ups from the MS guys ensuring the boxes are not tampered with. Also the lockdown of our development offices is insane, its like those Intel adverts where the scientist is wearing a blue overall suite and they go into a sealed room with only what there wearing. It's the same for us, our development offices are closed off and in the last 3 months the number of security cards have pretty much tripled. Lots of security for us coders, but its also very exciting.

It's clear from my use of the sdk and the development environment that MS are definitely on track, they have a brilliant developer story that I know other developers will fall in love with once its public.

One last thing, my fellow game developer colleagues have pretty much said that they believe the Xbox is severely more powerful than the PS4, they were very surprised with just how much.. They've spent a great deal of effort reducing certain game textures/animations and the engine in general just to get a decent 60fps on the PS4. Clearly in their eyes the Xbox is leaps and bounds ahead of the PS4.

Can't wait for you all to see our game and apps hopefully on reveal day, but definetely at launch!
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Leaps and bounds more powerful than PS4? Very doubtful. Anyway this rumor just sounds like more bs. But they are entertaining to read though. Keep 'em coming.

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Leaps and bounds more powerful than PS4? Very doubtful. Anyway this rumor just sounds like more bs. But they are entertaining to read though. Keep 'em coming.
    There is nothing else to do til the 21st. LOL!
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"

4. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    There is nothing else to do til the 21st. LOL!
    Lol Yep thats for sure. Makes the wait more tolerable.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    The fannies on both sides will keep bombarding us with rumours till may 21

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    ...lol so its more believable? ok

8. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Sounds like something from misterxmedia and his 4TFlop dual GPU claim. Even if the next Xbox turns out more powerful than the PS4, it would be impossible for it to be "severely more powerful than the PS4" and still meet the TDP requirements and a $500 or less price tag.

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    ...lol so its more believable? ok
    I should have been more specific as far as certain things that were mention in the pastebin.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Nice read but will only take a Rumour with a small grain of salt.
    Last edited by The Sith; 05-05-2013 at 02:11.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Nice read but will only take a umour with a small grain of salt.
    Whats a umour?

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Whats a umour?
    Lol...you got me on that.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    cant wai ttill may 21st so most of these rumors can be put to rest lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Is it odd that new rumours glorifying durango come out right after the ones saying it is weak/in disarray/having production issues. Will I be considered mad to think some of it is damage control by crazy fans?

As of right every rumour seems dubious

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Is it me or all the rumor about the next xbox seem to be turn offs? Typically the rumors are "too good to be true" or build hype. However with the next box its been the opposite

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Is it me or all the rumor about the next xbox seem to be turn offs? Typically the rumors are "too good to be true" or build hype. However with the next box its been the opposite
    Thats been my feeling about it also, though honestly I wasnt too thrilled with the PS4 rumours either but there meeting made it go to a must buy (Still hate lack of Ps3 playback but whatever)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Im not knocking the New xbox but it just has to be frustration for their fans to be hearing those rumors

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    All the negative rumours stsrted st the end of January with those VGLeaks the info. They got from SuperDae.
    Adam Orth ran his mouth and got fired as Microsoft made a staement.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    More rumors. I did hear about the ray tracing rumors months ago. If it turns out to be true then that will be really impressive. Supposedly this is what the pixar movies use. I would definitely have to see that one to believe it.
    Come on 21 may.

Last edited by Sub-stance1; 05-05-2013 at 04:24.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    cant wai ttill may 21st so most of these rumors can be put to rest lol
    Yeah they getting annoying now. I have to think that if MS did press conferance first we would be reading similar rumors but about ps4.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Guru
    IMO Administrstors or Mods should put a ban on all the negative rumors being posted in this section. The negative rumours are started by fanboys that wants to see MS fail and kids from fanboy sites.

23. Likes EHY893, Yungstar 2006 likes this post

IMO Administrstors or Mods should put a ban on all the negative rumors being posted in this section. The negative rumours are started by fanboys that wants to see MS fail and kids from fanboy sites.

Remember though that if you replace the word negative with positive and replace fail with succeed the statement will still ring true.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    We can not put a ban on negativity. Rumors are rumors, whether you feel fanboys make the articles up or not. It is up to you guys to maturely handle these rumors and decide what to believe for yourselves.

26. Likes Admartian likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style

...lol you dont say

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Would be kind of amusing to ban negative rumors, and then those rumors end up being right :

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    There are people who only ever post negative articles about Sony, so until we all ride pink fluffy rainbows of positivity and play with the cute lil rumor bunnies of optimism, people gonna post dem rumors. I can't wait till we have facts and we can put all of these rumors to bed.

30. Likes Two4DaMoney , Admartian likes this post

Thread Information