Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Who said that they would be? It's huge though to have a publisher like EA (or ubisoft) on your stage regardless of what sort of this deal turns out to be. This is a smart move by MS. I get the feeling Battlefield 4 is gonna be huge as well as other surprises they might have. Got my fingers crossed for Mirrors Edge 2.
    Suits standing on stage looking gormless, to promote some meaningless partnership.. huge.. yeah no.

Exclsuive games are big deals. Nothing else is

2. Likes Admartian , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Suits standing on stage looking gormless, to promote some meaningless partnership.. huge.. yeah no.

Exclsuive games are big deals. Nothing else is
    It's funny how people thought Blizzard taking the stage to do the same thing was so awesome just months ago. Now it means nothing that EA is doing the same...lol

4. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    It's funny how people thought Blizzard taking the stage to do the same thing was so awesome just months ago. Now it means nothing that EA is doing the same...lol
    Your aware that many people hate EA, right? lol
    You can go to any game forum/chat and its a guarantee that 1/3 or so will hate them

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    You can go to any game forum/chat and its a guarantee that 1/3 or so will hate them
    Yet except for a few people here, they still buy their games. A lot of people beat their chests and rail on EA but in the end they buy their games. EA knows that, MS knows that, pretty much everyone knows that.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Yea, i'm aware of this and I don't agree with certain things that they do, (like the nfl license) but I get the feeling that some wouldn't be acting this way if they had stepped on sony's stage with huge news. People hate Activision too but they welcomed the great news of Destiny coming to ps4. They didn't seem to mind who the publisher was in this case.

We don't even know all the details of MS and EA's deal yet and people IMO seem to be downplaying it. I really don't get all the EA hate. I say the best way to show them you aren't a happy customer is to not buy their products, but clearly there are people out there who don't mind what they are doing. EA is really not that different from any other publisher.

PSN ID
    MPY1974
    Well he used to work for EA, then went to MS, and now is a contender for EA CEO which makes perfect sense. The bottom line is that EA is a publicly traded company with share holders. His job will be to maximize the profits of those share holders. There will be no partnership between the two companies. Maybe an timed exclusivity deal for a specific game that MS will have to pony up the money for. They (the board members) will not allow him to cut out Sony, especially when they equate for 40-50% of market share. The board members would fire him in a heartbeat. They all have to answer to the shareholders.

9. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    To each his own but I can point to MILLIONS and MILLIONS that disagree with you.

You may not have bought them, but looking through your trophies I see Crysis, Beatles Rock Band, Tetris, The Sims 3, Burnout Paradise, and others all published by EA. Maybe you borrowed or rented them but you definitely played them.
    Isn't that what he said? He said he didn't buy them, never said he didn't play them.

How would he know the quality of games EA has been putting out without playing them?

I don't see the point you are trying to make.

EDIT

I should probably say the point you were trying to make. Were you looking for a contradiction or trying to point out one?
    Last edited by sainraja; 05-05-2013 at 19:48.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Fair enough, but you're definitely in the minority.
    And that matters to me why? I'm not one of these idiots who buys a console because of what my friends have or what's popular, I buy consoles for games that I enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

12. Likes Shingo , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Why is it always a X vs Y mentality with you? why do you think there is always an agenda? why do you always try to steer a discussion towards that kind of thinking? It really doesn't matter but I don't understand that.

FYI - Blizzard is only part of a Activision because of a merger. I don't think Activision has a big influence over what Blizzard does or doesn't do.

Since you didn't say outright, I am going to ask. Why do YOU think it means nothing that EA is doing the same?

14. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja;6077689[B
    ]Why is it always a X vs Y mentality with you? why do you think there is always an agenda? why do you always try to steer a discussion towards that kind of thinking? It really doesn't matter but I don't understand that.[/B]

FYI - Blizzard is only part of a Activision because of a merger. I don't think Activision has a big influence over what Blizzard does or doesn't do.
    Before you start throwing accusations about me "always" doing something you need to read the entire thread. This isn't about me and my post are on topic or relating to it. That post about Blizzard was just an observation and it does hold some truth. That was great and this is considered meaningless when we don't even know what it is yet?

Since you didn't say outright, I am going to ask. Why do YOU think it means nothing that EA is doing the same?
    I don't think i said that the way you are making it sound.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 05-05-2013 at 20:36.

16. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Isn't that what he said? He said he didn't buy them, never said he didn't play them.

How would he know the quality of games EA has been putting out without playing them?

I don't see the point you are trying to make.

EDIT

I should probably say the point you were trying to make. Were you looking for a contradiction or trying to point out one?
    If you take the time to read the conversation you wouldn't have asked that question.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    And that matters to me why? I'm not one of these idiots who buys a console because of what my friends have or what's popular, I buy consoles for games that I enjoy.
    It doesn't matter at all. All I'm pointing out is that a large majority of gamers actually like their games because they really do put out some great games.

Like I said, to each his own.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

18. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Great games? Lol no, more like no other options. See what happened to nba live because of competition from the 2k series. Now imagine what woods have also happened to Madden if they didn't have the nfl license exclusive

Singling out Madden because that's one of there greatest seeking games

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Great games? Lol no, more like no other options. See what happened to nba live because of competition from the 2k series. Now imagine what woods have also happened to Madden if they didn't have the nfl license exclusive

Singling out Madden because that's one of there greatest seeking games

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Yea, but it's not all on EA. Most of that blame should go to the NFL IMO.

Forum Sage
    If you take the time to read the conversation you wouldn't have asked that question.

It doesn't matter at all. All I'm pointing out is that a large majority of gamers actually like their games because they really do put out some great games.

Like I said, to each his own.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I read the conversation. I just didn't see your last response (after seeing it, I edited my post to reflect that.) I still ask you, what were you trying to point out?

He never said in his original post that he hasn't played any EA games.

The discussion started because the quality of EA games were being questioned and he stated that it doesn't matter to him since he hasn't bought any (people usually buy games they really like, games they consider quality to add to their collection.)

I am not sure what you were questioning about his post. You don't need to buy games to determine quality. You just need to play them, which as you made sure to point out later, he has played them.

Before you start throwing accusations about me "always" doing something you need to read the entire thread. This isn't about me and my post are on topic or relating to it. That post about Blizzard was just an observation and it does hold some truth. That was great and this is considered meaningless when we don't even know what it is yet?

I don't think i said that the way you are making it sound.
    You're avoiding my question. Why do you think the Blizzard announcement was great and this isn't? (Although it really hasn't been announced just yet.)
    Last edited by sainraja; 05-05-2013 at 21:27.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    If only Sony made a great NFL game like they do MLB, this wouldn't really matter to me.

Otherwise then yeah it would suck.
    And Sony would be hurt/doomed. (Did I get it right?)

Soldier 95B
    For as much as I dislike EA, to try to avoid buying games that they publish will rob you of a TON of great games. Like it or not, they do put out a lot of great stuff.

I'm not foolish to cut off my nose to spite my face.
    Indeed. Most of my games are EA games actually. Can't live without them.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    lol, ea has biggest range and quantity of games so there is no wrong them selling alot, yet that doesn't mean they have any quality, half of my facebook friends plays farmville only 4 play gow = farmville > gow:A ??? Amazing equation..
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    lol, ea has biggest range and quantity of games so there is no wrong them selling alot, yet that doesn't mean they have any quality, half of my facebook friends plays farmville only 4 play gow = farmville > gow:A ??? Amazing equation..
    You can say that about any of the big publishers, but I don't think any of them would be where they are if all their games lacked quality. EA is one of the best for a reason. They have a large catalouge of good ips and they continue to create new ones.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 05-06-2013 at 19:28.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    EA is one of the best for a reason.
    Yes :

Fifa series, only one competitor,
    nfs series , they themselfs doomed burnout, so no competitor as far as I know,
    sims series, no competitor,
    sim city , no..
    battlefield series, lets just say they have only one.
    bioware games.. cuz bioware is awesome and the own it...

They have a large catalouge of good ips and they continue to create new ones.
    and no :

http://www.ea.com/coming-soon

http://www.ea.com/new#3
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Extreme Poster
    Alright everyone needs to calm down.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Geez...the butthurt is strong in this thread. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-06-2013 at 21:52.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    More reason for haters to hate?

The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) and Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced a new multi-year exclusive licensing agreement to develop and publish globally new games based on Star Wars characters and storylines.

Under the agreement, EA will develop and publish new Star Wars titles for a core gaming audience, spanning all interactive platforms and the most popular game genres, while Disney will retain certain rights to develop new titles within the mobile, social, tablet and online game categories.
    http://ea.newshq.businesswire.com/pr...ames-agreement
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Disney + EA?

Sounds like they're going to start working on a Death Star soon...

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Disney + EA?

Sounds like they're going to start working on a Death Star soon...
    Its been confirmed that DICE are going to be working on "a title".
    Probably Battlefront 3, finally!
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Its been confirmed that DICE are going to be working on "a title". Probably Battlefront 3, finally!
    That would be awesome.

Thread Information