Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

With an EA/MS partnership announcement coming. Don Mattrick could be EA new CEO.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/0...-s-next-ceoNot sure if this would be good for gaming if this happens.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I take it Don Mattrick is someone from MS? If so that would be bad for EA and gaming in general.

..would help me cut back on EA games, probably

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Don Mattrick is CEO of MS games division.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    I have my doubts that the MS/EA partnership, if real, is much more than some exclusive DLC. Perhaps there is some exclusive deal for the next Respawn game (since it is a new ip), but it is probably no different than the Mass Effect deal.

I doubt any of this would change even if Don Mattrick becomes CEO of EA. Just as it didn't change when Peter Moore left MS for EA or when Don Mattrick left EA for MS.

EA is looking for someone to help increase revenue and going exclusive would leave too much money on the table, especially with how easy it will be to make multi-platform games on the PS4/720 compared to this gen. Although, this will likely mean an increase mobile presence and more microtransactions.

Speaking of exclusives, where has this mentality that anything that is announced at the May 21st Xbox Event must be an Xbox exclusive or at time exclusive that has been going on at some other forums (such Neogaf) come from?

EA/Microsoft partnership? I'm lost. Any credible links around or is this wishful thinking?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Boom! That's why they've already cut ties with Nintendo, makes sense now.

I won't miss them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by double cross View Post
    EA/Microsoft partnership? I'm lost. Any credible links around or is this wishful thinking?
    You ask you shall receive
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...xt-xbox-event/

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Itll just be some timed exclusives. Cant see EA pushing out titles or exclusive for one system especially after heat they been getting(none from me I like EA aaide from DA2).
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Could be some deal in return for MS letting EA bring ME1 to the PS3. I'm sure MS didnt do that out of the kindness of their hearts. lol Most likely just some timed exclusive DLC.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-05-2013 at 05:13.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Probably not even time exclusives beyond DLC maybe one game(if Respawn rumor is true). The EA deal probably means that some EA games will be announced/revealed for the next Xbox before other next gen systems and perhaps something to do with commercials and other ads.

Don't forget at the PS4 focused EA investor's meeting that it is suggested that Battlefield 4 is being developer for the PS4 and that they also stated that "not being at PS Meeting was not indicative at all" and that they are "maintaining a balance between other parties".

This rumor/speculation started due to EA not being at the PS Meeting and was originally rumored for timed-exclusive DLC. For some reason the rumor has grew from being just timed-exclusive DLC to games like BF4 and Respawn's game being exclusive and shortly later speculation that every EA game (including all sport titles) will be exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Could be some deal in return for MS letting EA bring ME1 to the PS3. I'm sure MS didnt do that out of the kindness of their hearts. lol
    I doubt it would have been much of a deal if it was in exchange for ME1. It was a five year old game by time it came out for the PS3 and two other games from the series had already came out on the PS3.
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 05-05-2013 at 05:25.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    It's possible i guess, when you look at the fact that he was at EA before he came to Microsoft.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    Probably not even time exclusives beyond DLC maybe one game(if Respawn rumor is true). The EA deal probably means that some EA games will be announced/revealed for the next Xbox before other next gen systems and perhaps something to do with commercials and other ads. Don't forget at the PS4 focused EA investor's meeting that it is suggested that Battlefield 4 is being developer for the PS4 and that they also stated that "not being at PS Meeting was not indicative at all" and that they are "maintaining a balance between other parties". This rumor/speculation started due to EA not being at the PS Meeting and was originally rumored for timed-exclusive DLC. For some reason the rumor has grew from being just timed-exclusive DLC to games like BF4 and Respawn's game being exclusive and shortly later speculation that every EA game (including all sport titles) will be exclusive. I doubt it would have been much of a deal if it was in exchange for ME1. It was a five year old game by time it came out for the PS3 and two other games from the series had already came out on the PS3.
    Thats why I said propably just some timed DLC. MS didnt have to relinquish the publishing rights for the first one but did anyway. So maybe they worked out some type of DLC deal.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-05-2013 at 06:07.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Thats why I said propably just some timed DLC. MS didnt have to relinquish the publishing rights for the first one but did anyway.
    That's a good point. This partnership has to be something big with EA not showing up at sony's conference.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    peter moore is also at EA lol....hmmm

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    ..would help me cut back on EA games, probably
    For as much as I dislike EA, to try to avoid buying games that they publish will rob you of a TON of great games. Like it or not, they do put out a lot of great stuff.

I'm not foolish to cut off my nose to spite my face.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Well I haven't bought a single EA game this gen aside from ME so I don't think they put out great stuff personally.
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    This would be surprising since EA have some form of relationship with Sony to counter MS's relationship with Activision.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Well I haven't bought a single EA game this gen aside from ME so I don't think they put out great stuff personally.
    To each his own but I can point to MILLIONS and MILLIONS that disagree with you.

You may not have bought them, but looking through your trophies I see Crysis, Beatles Rock Band, Tetris, The Sims 3, Burnout Paradise, and others all published by EA. Maybe you borrowed or rented them but you definitely played them.

19. Likes Yungstar 2006 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    A number of which were from PS+ but honestly I wouldn't miss them, they pretty much just rehash the same franchises at this point like a number of other publishers. It certainly wouldn't make or break a system to me. They've dropped the Wii U yet I still will get one eventually for the first party titles, not for EA, same with the PS4 though I'm not sold on it yet.

So yeah I can easily say this partnership will not affect me in the slightest, same if it were Activision making the deal.

yay, next gen!

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    A number of which were from PS+ but honestly I wouldn't miss them, they pretty much just rehash the same franchises at this point like a number of other publishers. It certainly wouldn't make or break a system to me. They've dropped the Wii U yet I still will get one eventually for the first party titles, not for EA, same with the PS4 though I'm not sold on it yet.

So yeah I can easily say this partnership will not affect me in the slightest, same if it were Activision making the deal.
    Fair enough, but you're definitely in the minority.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    This would be surprising since EA have some form of relationship with Sony to counter MS's relationship with Activision.
    Well then be prepared to be surprised because the partnership is being announced on May 21st.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    For as much as I dislike EA, to try to avoid buying games that they publish will rob you of a TON of great games. Like it or not, they do put out a lot of great stuff. I'm not foolish to cut off my nose to spite my face.
    I agree. They do publish alot of games that I enjoy.

Forum Sage
    Fair enough, but you're definitely in the minority.
    yep. Love them or hate them but EA is one of the top publishers out there. They are a major player in the industry. Just imagine if FIFA and Madden were exclusive to just one console. That alone is enough to put a serious hurting on the one without them.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    To each his own but I can point to MILLIONS and MILLIONS that disagree with you.

You may not have bought them, but looking through your trophies I see Crysis, Beatles Rock Band, Tetris, The Sims 3, Burnout Paradise, and others all published by EA. Maybe you borrowed or rented them but you definitely played them.
    EA have ended their partners thing now though so you can only assume there will be less of those kinds of games from them.

The likes of FIFA, Madden, Battlefield will never, ever be exclusive. Even the idea is ridiculous. So really when you get down to it, a partnership that isn't even confirmed yet would mean what? Possibly a new IP exclusive and probably some exclusive content, same as Sony's getting from Ubisoft.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    EA have ended their partners thing now though so you can only assume there will be less of those kinds of games from them.

The likes of FIFA, Madden, Battlefield will never, ever be exclusive. Even the idea is ridiculous. So really when you get down to it, a partnership that isn't even confirmed yet would mean what? Possibly a new IP exclusive and probably some exclusive content, same as Sony's getting from Ubisoft.
    Who said that they would be? It's huge though to have a publisher like EA (or ubisoft) on your stage regardless of what sort of this deal turns out to be. This is a smart move by MS. I get the feeling Battlefield 4 is gonna be huge as well as other surprises they might have. Got my fingers crossed for Mirrors Edge 2.

Thread Information