Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Would your really care?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    41 68.33%
  • No

    19 31.67%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 199
  1. #26
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,276
    Rep Power
    140
    Points
    75,553 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    It's terrible. Why would anyone be comfortable with the potential to be locked from their games? It must only be console owners here supporting or being acceptable of this kind of DRM, because clearly they haven't seen its effects on the PC. Too many times I've been booted or incapable of playing my games because of this $#@!, and I would have to go out of my way to crack a game I bought. This wouldn't even be possible on the consoles, so it's far worse.



    And this is meant to be some honest justification? It's not.



    Bring on unnecessary restrictions? Why? This doesn't benefit you at all, and only serves as a possible detriment.

    No need to argue anyone's opinions. This thread is really just to see who really cares about it, and vote. I already said it would not bother me as I will ALWAYS have an internet connection.
    Last edited by Lethal; 05-07-2013 at 13:50.

  2. #27
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,562
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    6,550 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster
    Wouldn't a console be cheaper and "Easy and Simple" as you say without a bunch of non-game features and hardware added to it that gives it MORE things that could go wrong with it? With all that stuff added....."So many things could go wrong" as you say. Why not just have it play games instead of this movie playback, web browser, social media/gaming, etc etc stuff?
    All of these features add to the experience and can be beneficial, always on accomplishes nothing for the user. Also considering there's 40 million Live users compared 80 million consoles, that's a big loss. It certainly would force some of them to go online, but that doesn't exactly justify it for me.

    I was happy with the 360 this generation, but I'd skip the next one with this feature. 1 console is fine.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  3. #28
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,442
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    33,962 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well... I my internet is pretty much always up but I still don't want always on. As it's been mentioned Assassins Creed 2 had it on PC and i never really saw it as a problem until my connection dropped out as there was work going on in the area any my game kicked me out because it couldn't contact the server.

    Even services like Steam suck when it comes to offline mode - If you don't know you'll be going offline you can't always play your games. Ridiculous.

    So while even though my devices are usually always connected to my internet and my internet is always stable I can't think of a single reason why any consumer would actually 'want' this. It's all good and well saying my 'my internet is fine, it never goes down and everything else is connected anyway yada yada yada yada' but when your internet actually goes down and you can't play things you legitimately paid for then you realise how much of a ball-ache it really is.


    Now, if Sony or MS did decide to pursue the Always On promise-land then i hope they at least think of a good way to create an Offline mode that people can use if they will be without their console for a period of time.

  4. #29
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Of course. My internet was down for 7 hours on Saturday. It's fairly rare, but it happens. $#@! happens. That $#@! should not be compounded by games refusing to play when this occurs. Simple as that.

    It's the future so deal with it? Do me a favour. Such a bad argument. It's only the future if the consumer lets it happen. Do not talk about always on as if it has some kind of intrinsic value, because it doesn't.

  5. #30
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,408
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    75,617 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    No need to argue anyone's opinions. This thread is really just to see who really cares about it, and vote. I already said it would not bother me as I will ALWAYS have an internet connection.
    No need to argue, I agree, because there's no room for the opposition to argue. No one can give a convincing argument to actively support or encourage DRM, especially this kind.

    It's fine if you're personally OK with it because you have access to the Internet, but my point was that you shouldn't support it, because it only serves to harm consumers. If you're empathetic, you should definitely be against it to some degree.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  6. Likes Two4DaMoney , Shingo likes this post
  7. #31
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,276
    Rep Power
    140
    Points
    75,553 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    but my point was that you shouldn't support it, because it only serves to harm consumers. If you're empathetic, you should definitely be against it to some degree.
    I don't think you are understanding. I do not care either way. If we have the DRM, fine by me. If we don't have it, fine by me. I am sorry there are those who do not have a constant connection, but at the end of the day I only care about me. And I know this will not bother me.

    The replies really should simply be a "Yes, it bothers me", or "No, it does not bother me." We already have a DRM thread for you guys to argue your opinions. This one was just to get a poll going.
    Last edited by Lethal; 05-07-2013 at 14:19.

  8. #32
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,875
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    13,390 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I don't think you are understanding. I do not care either way. If we have the DRM, fine by me. If we don't have it, fine by me. I am sorry there are those who do not have a constant connection, but at the end of the day I only care about me. And I know this will not bother me.

    The replies really should simply be a "Yes, it bothers me", or "No, it does not bother me." We already have a DRM thread for you guys to argue your opinions. This one was just to get a poll going.
    Man at least you are honest instead of those who make up a million excuses on why something is good when the bottom line is they just care about themselves.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  9. #33
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,276
    Rep Power
    140
    Points
    75,553 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Man at least you are honest instead of those who make up a million excuses on why something is good when the bottom line is they just care about themselves.
    lol I am sure it makes me look selfish, but when I sit down to play a video game, I am only thinking of myself anyways. I never sit down and wonder if anyone in Japan, or Europe, or down the street is able to get online. Or if they are even able to boot a game. If I can play, then I am happy.

  10. #34
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,408
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    75,617 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The replies really should simply be a "Yes, it bothers me", or "No, it does not bother me." We already have a DRM thread for you guys to argue your opinions. This one was just to get a poll going.
    The content of my posts is entirely apropos to the subject at hand. You made the thread, now let the community discuss within it. Stop being unnecessarily restrictive here.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  11. Likes sainraja likes this post
  12. #35
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,442
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    33,962 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    An option of 'No i don't really care however I still want to moan about it' would sum me up pretty well.

  13. #36
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,276
    Rep Power
    140
    Points
    75,553 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The content of my posts is entirely apropos to the subject at hand. You made the thread, now let the community discuss within it. Stop being unnecessarily restrictive here.
    Here are some threads to argue in.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...be-put-to-rest
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...for-games-apps

    This one is not for that purpose. It is to simply know if you care or not. NOT to argue with others on their opinion. This was created so I can see a poll.
    Last edited by Lethal; 05-07-2013 at 14:40.

  14. #37
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,719
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    66,220 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wouldn't bother me unless my internet went down and I was only wanting to play a SP game.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

  15. #38
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,408
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    75,617 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't see in either of those threads the sort of responses I responded to here. Thus they're not fitting for the half of my post.

    No offense, but maybe you should have stated your specific and arbitrary thread restrictions in the OP from the beginning instead of coming in a page later and clarifying things, then telling me to take my innocent questions elsewhere. Honestly, this is a rather silly.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  16. Likes sainraja likes this post
  17. #39
    Dedicated Member
    Shingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    31
    Points
    13,667 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    DRM is most dumbest idea i have ever seen in gaming history.
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)



    MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

  18. Likes John25 likes this post
  19. #40
    PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    Lasombra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Posts
    1,216
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    19,604 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    That same argument could be made for all the extra bells and whistles they add to a console that adds to it's price and complexity. Why do I need to pay the added cost of wi-fi in a console when I use the more dependable wired internet with no interference issues? Why do I have to pay for such a big hard drive when I've never come close to filling it?

    Wouldn't a console be cheaper and "Easy and Simple" as you say without a bunch of non-game features and hardware added to it that gives it MORE things that could go wrong with it? With all that stuff added....."So many things could go wrong" as you say. Why not just have it play games instead of this movie playback, web browser, social media/gaming, etc etc stuff?

    When people don't want something, they can come up with every justification under the sun as to why it's such a burden........ but when it's something they really like, they will dismiss the very same things as not being much of a burden at all....all of a sudden.

    Simplified..... You like it...minimize the issues.......don't like it....exaggerate the issues. Happens all the time. Kinda like when PS3 fans dogged the 360 cuz they OVERSTATED the burden of having to swap discs on SOME games. The whole "in this day and age I shouldn't have to get up and swap a disc" baloney, but were perfectly okay with MANDATORY installs eating up the PS3's hard drive space on most games when the 360 made it OPTIONAL.
    No because the added bells and whistles are just that, bells and whistles. An internet connection is a requirement, not a whistle, in an online-only console. If my system explodes or my TV explodes or becomes useless then it is, comparatively, easier to fix than if the internet explodes or my router explodes. I buy a new TV, attach a couple cables and it is fixed in 30 seconds. Internet goes down and then what? Call customer service for hours to get an answer? Keep pressing the power button and hoping it turns on? Wait an unknown amount of time before it fixes itself? So instead of having an easy solution with a broken TV/System, now it is the tricky and time consuming solution of the internet.

    Adding movie playback does not prevent me from using the system, nor does a web browser, social media, and so on. It adds to and layers the experience but if I don't care about any of it I can ignore it. I can't ignore not having a stable internet connection. Internet goes out and I have a useless paper weight because nothing will work on it. Even if things could go wrong with parts of the 'additions', I can still use the system for something. Look what happened with the PSN outage. PSN goes down for a month or so but because it is an added feature, and not a mandatory requirement, people can still use the system. Did they $#@!? Yes. Did they whine? Yes. Did they troll? Yes. Do they still complain about it now? Yes. But the system was still useable in some fashion and not useless and taking up space.

  20. #41
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,251
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    8,359 (0 Banked)
    You can't get a smartphone without a data plan. You can't denied that we are in always online world.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

  21. #42
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,501
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    12,601 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It'll make zero difference to me but it shouldn't be there as a requirement.
    It's like would a miss 1 pound going out my bank every month, no but thats no the point
    Its one of those to me
    Others it effects more for obvious reasons.

    Sent via Codec

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  22. #43
    Apprentice
    raremew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Age
    19
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    15
    Points
    633 (100 Banked)
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    meh i dont think i'd really care :/

    PSN: raremew
    Playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Calibur V,Street Fighter X Tekken
    Quote: "People are able to hold onto hope, since death is that which cannot be seen."

  23. #44
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,251
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    8,359 (0 Banked)
    Im just saying, it doesn't bother me because always online or online required is already force upon us.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

  24. #45
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,291
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    47,126 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hell yes I would care. I'm buying a gaming console, if I go on holiday, move house or simply don't want to use the internet, I shouldn't have to suffer because of it

  25. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
  26. #46
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,442
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    33,962 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    You can't get a smartphone without a data plan. You can't denied that we are in always online world.
    I bought my iPhone 5 without a data plan...

  27. #47
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,251
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    8,359 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I bought my iPhone 5 without a data plan...

    Which carrier and how much did you pay?
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

  28. #48
    Apprentice
    raremew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Age
    19
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    15
    Points
    633 (100 Banked)
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Hell yes I would care. I'm buying a gaming console, if I go on holiday, move house or simply don't want to use the internet, I shouldn't have to suffer because of it
    oh well in that case yeah i would care. i dont wanna always have to be online. I'd rather have the choice to.

    PSN: raremew
    Playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Calibur V,Street Fighter X Tekken
    Quote: "People are able to hold onto hope, since death is that which cannot be seen."

  29. #49
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,562
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    6,550 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Which carrier and how much did you pay?
    My Nexus 4 was cheaper without a carrier. Even then it doesn't have to be online to use it. Not being able to use your apps without internet is crazy.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  30. #50
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,608
    Rep Power
    125
    Points
    224 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Not caring for Next gen too even care for this anymore... Fed up hearing about it to be honest
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.