View Poll Results: Would your really care?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 68.33%
  • No

19 31.67%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't mind. It's not half as bad as some make t out to be. The gaming industry has to evolve or get left behind.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Not caring for Next gen too even care for this anymore... Fed up hearing about it to be honest
    Too much BS has been introduced this gen and is carrying over to next gen. Always online doesn't bother me too much, but unnecessary overpriced DLC absolutely does.

And then they wonder why people hack their consoles and pirate the $#@! out of them.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

3. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Elite Sage

Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Which carrier and how much did you pay?
    No carrier. I bought my phone directly from Apple for 599. I could choose to use it without a carrier if I wanted to but what would the point in that be.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Too much BS has been introduced this gen and is carrying over to next gen. Always online doesn't bother me too much, but unnecessary overpriced DLC absolutely does.

And then they wonder why people hack their consoles and pirate the $#@! out of them.
    Then again, next gen will have old or new BS too carry over to future gen. So it is a no win situation in some cases
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    Yes, i dont want to get kicked from a game im playing just because my internet blinked out.

The King has Returned

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Yep, it's just gonna get worse from here on in.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

8. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Always on DRM is bull$#@!.
    There are too many variables to ensure that people have the optimal experience and use of the hardware they purchased if it's enforced.

Now personally I have cable internet and it's really solid, so no my internet typically is always up and on. That doesn't mean it's so for everybody.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The gaming industry has to evolve or get left behind.
    How is it evolving by this?

It's amazing how many people don't mind less control over their product. We might as well have programs with always on. Internet out while using Word? Too bad, work progress lost. It was horrible on PC and it's going to be bad on consoles.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

11. Likes sainraja , RaY_210 , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Everyone too their own, you want it or do not... Then buy or avoid
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    How is it evolving by this?

It's amazing how many people don't mind less control over their product. We might as well have programs with always on. Internet out while using Word? Too bad, work progress lost. It was horrible on PC and it's going to be bad on consoles.
    But that's the thing. It's not our product. We don't own that or any of the Ips that go along with it. Nothing is being forced on us because in the end it's still a consumer choice. If you don't like it don't buy it. The way we play games and how they are delivered is changing whether we like it or not. People $#@!ed and moaned about how cell phone contracts and HD TV was being forced on us but look at the situation now. We live in a connected society now and consoles have always been evolving, and they will have to or something will come along to replace them. A always connected video game console is far from the worst thing we have to worry about in the industry.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I don't see in either of those threads the sort of responses I responded to here. Thus they're not fitting for the half of my post.

No offense, but maybe you should have stated your specific and arbitrary thread restrictions in the OP from the beginning instead of coming in a page later and clarifying things, then telling me to take my innocent questions elsewhere. Honestly, this is a rather silly.
    You can discuss in here as long as the thread is open. If Lethal only wants poll results, he can close the thread.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    But that's the thing. It's not our product. We don't own that or any of the Ips that go along with it. Nothing is being forced on us because in the end it's still a consumer choice. If you don't like it don't buy it. The way we play games and how they are delivered is changing whether we like it or not. People $#@!ed and moaned about how cell phone contracts and HD TV was being forced on us but look at the situation now. We live in a connected society now and consoles have always been evolving, and they will have to or something will come along to replace them. A always connected video game console is far from the worst thing we have to worry about in the industry.
    The product or license is very much ours.You still aren't explaining it. No product is forced to be always online. My tablet, phone, TV, 360 and ps3 are doing fine offline. They aren't forced at all, yet they are still connected devices. Always on DRM is a devolution.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

16. Likes RaY_210 , Shingo , unicron7 likes this post
    Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Well I wouldn't care. People whine about people with no internet connections or bad ones. I say it's more rooted in something to $#@! about pertaining to Xbox platform more than anything. Once disc media based consoles fade away and go to digital downloads, you will be stuck with this in the end anyways.
    No. It's more rooted in being able to play content you purchase to it's fullest extent if your internet connection goes south. A large portion of console customers still do not have adequate internet speeds for always on. Microsoft would be shooting themselves in the foot in lost sales to potential customers with always on. It's not about $#@!ing about which platform is better or putting one down. It's about giving your customers what they want and deserve. I'm going to buy the next gen xbox. If they do this always on bull$#@!, you can $#@!ing forget it.

But that's the thing. It's not our product. We don't own that or any of the Ips that go along with it.
    It scares me that company's have people thinking it's okay to think like this. If I buy something, I own it. Simple.
    Last edited by unicron7; 05-07-2013 at 21:34.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

18. Likes RaY_210 , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    clear_as_night
    Items User name style
    Cell Phone contracts and HDTV are good things with many advantages over their predecessors. Unless somebody can help me here, I don't know any advantages of always connected :-/ Nobody wants it.

There are basically three options for this poll:
    a) You want it....... The OP didn't add this option because nobody would vote
    b) You don't care
    c) You don't want it

If the same question applied to Cell phone contracts and HD TV, you'd have put all 3.

EDIT: I've just noticed that the actual Poll asks if you care or not so - rather peculiarly - If you want it or don't want it, you vote Yes.

Yes, things progress. We embrace new technology and we buy it because we want it. We as the consumer have the power to decide which direction we go in. No device is always connected... I can play angry birds on my phone when I turn it on Aeroplane mode.
    Last edited by the_jim; 05-07-2013 at 21:44.

PSN ID: clear_as_night
    "XBOX IS ABOUT TO BECOME THE NEXT WATER COOLER" ~ NANCY TELLEM, ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL MEDIA PRESIDENT OF MICROSOFT

20. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    No. It's more rooted in being able to play content you purchase to it's fullest extent if your internet connection goes south. A large portion of console customers still do not have adequate internet speeds for always on. Microsoft would be shooting themselves in the foot in lost sales to potential customers with always on. It's not about $#@!ing about which platform is better or putting one down. It's about giving your customers what they want and deserve. I'm going to buy the next gen xbox. If they do this always on bull$#@!, you can $#@!ing forget it.

It scares me that company's have people thinking it's okay to think like this. If I buy something, I own it. Simple.
    I agree with you almost everyting but not this:Microsoft would be shooting themselves in the foot in lost sales to potential customers with always on. They won't be fail, US will have a huge share and cods halos raining so no problem for them, I guess they will try to aim zynga's costumers w,th TV Shows/Movie library while try to keep cod players at hand. Will this work? For money, yes.. They won't fail money wise but they will lose a little bit hardcore game audience.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'd love to see MS use this model. I want to see how it catches on to the masses. I'd love to see the excuses devs would use for their studio folding. I'd love to see what the hacking community does in response.

As for do I care? $#@!ing right I do. I gain nothing from such a model. Games for damn sure aren't going to be pc-like when it comes to prices. My ps3 is always connected and it works great when it's up and running. Sometimes it just decides to crap out. Features/apps that require the internet is, of course, ok. Single player games having to be connected is just $#@!ing dumb. There's no other way to say it.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 05-07-2013 at 22:00.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Wow. Like others have said if I purchase a product then I own it. I cant believe some actually try to defend a corporation doing something like that. I see no positives from something like this.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Hell yeah I care. Others have already stated anything I could ever say. Simply put, it's stupid. And as far as not owning something you buy:

I buy all my games in physical form because I like that ownership. I only download download only games. I'm sure it's eventually coming, hopefully not for a long time. But I think I will stop gaming (new systems at least) once that happens.

Those are the two things I wish would absolutely never come to gaming. Unfortunately, it looks like there's people who are ready to accept it, and as those numbers grow, it'll be inevitable.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Wow. Like others have said if I purchase a product then I own it. I cant believe some actually try to defend a corporation doing something like that. I see no positives from something like this.

It all depends. When it comes to games you don't own it. When you buy a game you are actually gong into a EULA agreement with the owners of that property, which define ways your copy can be used. You do have automatic rights with that purchase(like resale) but you really don't own the product itself.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I would care for reasons obviously stated.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Can't even play Diablo 3 properly without kickin me out every 10 minutes since my connection is a piece of $#@!...Try playing on a fast but very unstable connection
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    @ all the "orthy-ites". I think we live in the Matrix.Why? Because like Agent Smith who is able to infect and replicate; Adam Orth/MS has managed to do the same for MS/DRM faithful.

Beautiful - just entraining!

Whether it's Sony, Apple, Microsoft, Jim's Toasters, etc - requiring an internet connection to play a single player game is dumb.

Quote the future and all that - but don't lie to yourself and believe that your stance would be the same had it the other way around.

I know mine is - they can $#@! themselves if they want to make me play online.

You can argue "always" on-line for the purposes of connectivity, updating, sharing social events, etc all you want- and that's actually fine.

But unless internet becomes as ubiquitous as air - and just as readily uninterrupted - then we don't need it for singleplayer/offline games.
    Last edited by Admartian; 05-07-2013 at 23:26.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    @ all the "orthy-ites". I think we live in the Matrix.Why? Because like Agent Smith who is able to infect and replicate; Adam Orth/MS has managed to do the same for MS/DRM faithful. Beautiful - just entraining! Whether it's Sony, Apple, Microsoft, Jim's Toasters, etc - requiring an internet connection to play a single player game is dumb. Quote the future and all that - but don't lie to yourself and believe that your stance would be the same had it the other way around. I know mine is - they can $#@! themselves if they want to make me play online. You can argue "always" on-line for the purposes of connectivity, updating, sharing social events, etc all you want- and that's actually fine. But unless internet becomes as ubiquitous as air - and just as readily uninterrupted - then we don't need it for singleplayer/offline games.
    This.^ I've still yet to hear from the defenders how something like this benefits us the consumer. And if it doesn't benefit the consumer then why on earth would any consumer defend it?

Unbound Mercenary
    I'm a poor ass guy with $#@!ty internet that can barely hold a connection. The thought of always on is terrible.

But then again, by the time I pick up the new console, it'll probably be when the new consoles don't feel so new anymore.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    This.^ I've still yet to hear from the defenders how something like this benefits us the consumer. And if it doesn't benefit the consumer then why on earth would any consumer defend it?
    Maybe they are just stating their opinion, voting, and moving to another thread? I am not about to spend time trying to convince you to agree with my opinion. It is just a waste of time trying to change peoples opinions.

Thread Information