Latest PSU headlines:

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

What are your thoughts on Uprising?

Ok, I'm interested to hear everyones likes and dislikes about the new build. What are you excited about, what are you worried about?

I'll weigh in when I get back from work.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Apprentice

fuck this build. i could do better with a blue print smg than with a proto hmg. i took the hmgs off of my heavies and replaced them with exile AR's so i could at least get some killing in. i dislike the skill tree for the dropsuits because the higher level sentinel heavy is worse then the standard ones. and how can they reduce the range so much in a game that is so large in scale. and the terrain is more glitchy.
    and they took out the warning for a disconnected controller. before if your controller died it would pop a message. not anymore.

i came to buy the dream, but all they had was fail.

looks nice though.
    i love couch co op

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Sorry to hear that Bill. Yeah I need to have more time with the game. My initial impressions were awesome but im concerned about the controls. Aiming seems to have regressed. The repair tool is harder to use aswell. Pressing O to revive is nice, cause item selection sucks again as the selector snaps back. There is also alot of heat in the official forums. I take comfort in knowing that these issues will probably be resolved though...but when. I'm going to start basic notes for the launch review today...i don't know how much, or what, will change by then.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    I guess I'm the optimist here but I like it. Everything from the new suits, race specifications, and I love the 6 person squads. It's beyond easy to get 2 even 3 orbitals a match if you're a good squad leader.

I dislike however the new skill system, it looks good and functions nicely but they made some skills way more costly and eliminated others that were very beneficial, I.e, distance. I do understand though that higher teir guns have better range, like the duvaoul rifle compared to the GEK. Also it cost almost 40k sp just to use AV grenades. Wtf is that about? I also hate the "sticking" to walls, ledges, etc.. It's a pain when you're trying to run away or even simply run across an open terrian.

Other than that, the game is beautiful and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Can't wait to see what patches they fix on the 14th.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i LOVE it!

but my issues are exactly what bill brought up. the range is shit. you see EVERYONE shooting out of range, its just sad that super future rifles are that under powered. All weapon ranges should be boosted.

and yeah, the terrain is glitchy. there are invisible walls that stop you from moving around the map. and you'd be surprised at where they are. some are found in wide open areas. it's as if there's something that should be there but isn't. so you look like a fool walking around an object that isn't even there.

but that is the biggest of complaints, there are still some lingering bugs here and there but nothing that can't be overlooked.

but yeah, loving the new feel to combat. its moved closer to Killzone imo and i love that. the game feels like everything has weight (especially the new vehicle physics ) its a more tactical game now and the class differences show through.
    the update to the visuals are very impressive. Dust is a very beautiful game now.

i personally like the new skill system. though i run assault so i can't say how other would be faring.

BUT MOST OF ALL!!

THAT UI!!
    fuck me is it nice to actually get director worthy information. notifications that tell you when you've got an application. and when its been accepted. the corp wallet history (have you seen that shit today? dat isk!), the skill tree is fantastic, the Universal voice chat!

very very impressed with the uprising build! its got its bugs but thats why it was given to beta testers a week early right?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i LOVE it!

but my issues are exactly what bill brought up. the range is shit. you see EVERYONE shooting out of range, its just sad that super future rifles are that under powered. All weapon ranges should be boosted.

and yeah, the terrain is glitchy. there are invisible walls that stop you from moving around the map. and you'd be surprised at where they are. some are found in wide open areas. it's as if there's something that should be there but isn't. so you look like a fool walking around an object that isn't even there.

but that is the biggest of complaints, there are still some lingering bugs here and there but nothing that can't be overlooked.

but yeah, loving the new feel to combat. its moved closer to Killzone imo and i love that. the game feels like everything has weight (especially the new vehicle physics ) its a more tactical game now and the class differences show through.
    the update to the visuals are very impressive. Dust is a very beautiful game now.

i personally like the new skill system. though i run assault so i can't say how other would be faring.

BUT MOST OF ALL!!

THAT UI!!
    fuck me is it nice to actually get director worthy information. notifications that tell you when you've got an application. and when its been accepted. the corp wallet history (have you seen that shit today? dat isk!), the skill tree is fantastic, the Universal voice chat!

very very impressed with the uprising build! its got its bugs but thats why it was given to beta testers a week early right?
    I'm just hoping they have given themselves enough time to fix the bugs before the 14th or they may have to delay. Id rather a delay so they can perfect it. And dangit I hope they fix the server issues for games because I'm getting kicked out of games too often.

Sent from my HTC-PG762 using Tapatalk 2

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    I just wish i could play it! Damned thing disconnects constantly when trying to download!
    There once was a man named Sidney, he used to collect shells on the beach. everything was going well for him. untill he stopped and took a look, he had a glance and a stare and realised he what he was reading.
    It was a forum signature full of nonsense

I played a bit last night and have mixed feelings overall.

I agree with Bill and Ghost that the new aiming scheme sucks. Specially the laser rifle. Previously you can see the laser beam down the scope when you're looking into the sights, but now, zooming in give you the exact view as an AR, much difficult to determine if you're actually hitting someone, especially now the range is nerfed. (also the laser rifle heats up much quicker since you cannot increase heat build up until you spec into the racial suit)

The maps seems much bigger now, presumably for PC. And the range of all guns are decreased (no more sharpshooter skill). You have to really concentrate and make sure your reticule is red to make sure an enemy is in range.

I like the new sound effect of the AR, that's nice.

I was thinking speccing into the Amarr (sp?) suits, to get the laser rifle racial bonus, but the movement and aiming of the Amarr feels so much slower. I don't know if this is due to the speed penalty Amarr has over the Caldari medium, or just the overall aiming overhaul. Will try the Caldari medium suit tonight to see if there's a difference.

Don't spend all your SP yet, use the militia gear and try them first. Everything cost more now!

I found it easier to aim when I turned aim assist off. Due to the strafing/one-on-one nature of gunfights, I think the assist was causing my aim to lag behind my opponent.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The downfalls of Uprising are starting to not be so important and I'm really digging it. Yeah the aiming is a bit stiff again but I'm adjusting. It's really just the aiming that I take issue with, that and the nerfs that have fucked things up for Heavies and the range of weapons. Proto gear is a lot cheaper which is nice, especially Logi tools. Looking forwardto them active scanner points. All in all I'm happy with Uprising, and as soon as these teething issues are sorted, I'll be a very happy chappy.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    I have only two issues, though they're both fairly important.

The aiming still feels awkward. It never felt right in chromo and even though it's a little different now, it's still annoying.

The reduced range of just about everything has been very disruptive to the overall design and flow of the game. I think the range with sharpshooter 5 was too much, but now it's too little. I feel like chromo sharpshooter range 2 or 3 would been a good baseline level.

12. Likes Ghost wishes they had posted this first.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post
    I have only two issues, though they're both fairly important.

The aiming still feels awkward. It never felt right in chromo and even though it's a little different now, it's still annoying.

The reduced range of just about everything has been very disruptive to the overall design and flow of the game. I think the range with sharpshooter 5 was too much, but now it's too little. I feel like chromo sharpshooter range 2 or 3 would been a good baseline level.
    I agree, the reduction of range plus the larger maps slows down the flow of the game.

I don't know if any of who play with Kb/M, i do, and it turns out the aiming with kb/m is broken right now due to inconsistent accel/deccel in the X/Y axis during aiming. CCP have acknowledge this in the dust forum. I had trouble last night, but couldn't really put my finger on it.

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    As someone who stopped playing Dust for about a month (damn you ni no kuni) and then came back for this new build, I'm happy. I did pretty well playing by myself and considering i was a bit rusty.

The game looks great, i love the Minmatar Scout suit. Now i just hope i can change the color pallet a bit. Also i can't wait until conquest mode comes out.

I'm enjoying the build. The only down side is that everything costs a lot of sp. I barely managed to recover less than half of my previous skills with the sp that i had amassed (got scout, shotty, nova knife skills to level 3)

I still need to play Ni No Kuni, haha. I think you could find worse excuses for taking a hiatus from Dust, lol.

16. Likes Zswordsman wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Each time I play I fall deeper for this game lol. I LOVE that I can now have my repair tool equiped, revive with O and then have my RT come back for immediate healing. Also I turned off aim assist and it made the world of difference for me.

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Each time I play I fall deeper for this game lol. I LOVE that I can now have my repair tool equiped, revive with O and then have my RT come back for immediate healing. Also I turned off aim assist and it made the world of difference for me.
    aim assist is on by default?
    i keep trying to aim and sometimes it justs takes to long to trace the enemy. i'll check tomorrow.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Zswordsman View Post
    aim assist is on by default?
    i keep trying to aim and sometimes it justs takes to long to trace the enemy. i'll check tomorrow.
    yeah, that's how dust plays unfortunately.

i use both sticks to trace the enemy and im still messing with the sensitivity so that it works at range and up close.

but, i still like it, it plays like killzone and i loved killzone. but its doesn't damage like killzone. it takes like half a clip to kill a guy point blank lol.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Unfortunately I can't fit a logistics suit, because, since I was a casual player during the beta, I didn't have enough SP to upgrade to a logistics suit. It's kind of bittersweet to me, so for now I have to roll in an assault suit with nanite injectors. If anything, I can at least play the medic roll.

I want both a repair tool and injectors equipped....jealous, lol.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by whattheproblem View Post
    Unfortunately I can't fit a logistics suit, because, since I was a casual player during the beta, I didn't have enough SP to upgrade to a logistics suit. It's kind of bittersweet to me, so for now I have to roll in an assault suit with nanite injectors. If anything, I can at least play the medic roll.

I want both a repair tool and injectors equipped....jealous, lol.
    there's nothing wrong with that man

when PSU starts Planetary conquest we'll be paying for our clones (which we'll use in battle) so any form of medical support is greatly welcomed, any clone revived is money saved for the entire corp!

My assault class in the Chromosome build was very close to my 'ideal' loadout. but since uprising (and the added prerequisites) i've not been able to spec it as i wanted.

so we're all in the same boat of having to make do
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSN ID
    siftinglurker88
    I better download the update and give the new build a go. Been slightly distracted by persona 4 golden

Just had an Ambush match that ended in 0-0. We won, but yeesh that was close.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by whattheproblem View Post
    Just had an Ambush match that ended in 0-0. We won, but yeesh that was close.
    aren't those the best matches though

it's the same with skirmish when your team makes a comback and you're constantly looking at the remaining health of both MCC's and desperately trying to hold on that little bit longer

edge of the seat stuff! Uprising captures that better than chromosome imo. in fact, i've seen so much balls to the wall shooting in uprising its amazing
    people are getting so close to each other melee's are becoming a legitimate way of being killed, in fact there was one scout with a knife when i was on earlier killing people in the middle of a giant gun fight
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Guru
    I feel I've now I've played a week I can reflect on this build better. I'm still getting used to it and find the gameplay so frustrating right now. Getting stuck on things, the aiming, and the reduced range are not making for smooth gameplay. I'm sure these things will get better over time but I don't think I've ever got so annoyed at a game as I have in the last week...

That said, the game now looks and sounds amazing. The UI is fantastic apart from messages and calling for help when you go down. The notifications and wallet for the corp are so handy and also the star map. I love that squads are 6 man and there are no more UVTs. The skill tree is a lot easier to understand and loading times are so much quicker. I also like the new map variations and the statistics you get at the end of a match.

I've had a lot of disconnections in the last week, however, but I'm sure CCP will have this as a priority to fix.

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Thread Information