Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    I'm just busting your chops.

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    No, I simply want inFamous to be about more than weak projectile zappy $#@! that takes too long to take out even normal enemies. It takes too long to feel powerful, and then when you do, they take it away far too fast with constant recharges necessary and having to pick up dropped charge items from dead enemies.
    Oh, I thought you had a problem with the character's physical look (outfit and stuff).

Side note: I hate people who say a character looks like a douchebag. I mean... really guys?

This Delsin guy looks physically even weaker than Cole, who's strength was average at best for a superhero.
    Well, you don't need big muscles to do extraordinary things. I'm a... "wait until the video comes out" kind of guy, but yeah... I hope they handle the progression and the sense that your hero is getting more powerful over the course of the game better than the previous two. The second one killed me that they gave Cole a lot of different versions of his powers and you had to freaking switch.

Would a dude that even resembles Spiderman in strength level and physique be too much to ask for in an inFamous game? I would hope not.
    Eh... depends.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Veteran
    Looking amazing.

Dedicated Member
    Sucker Punch is a very average developer. All their games have looked nothing more than average.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Sucker Punch is a very average developer. All their games have looked nothing more than average.
    Not sure if trolling or serious ._.

El Presidente
    I want a superhero game with some muscle behind it. Let me throw some tanks across an entire city block please.
    You already can. Its called the incredible hulk, PS2 game

Despite not liking the original Infamous I'm willing to take a look at this one. New character, new powers and a new city. The first didn't take place in Seattle right?

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Not sure if trolling or serious ._.
    im serious i have found sucker punch's games to be very average. They arent in the top tier developers that sony has like naughty dog and santa monica studios.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    An explanation how it can continue from the good ending of I2 would be good.

Infamous 2 was the best superhero game I've played alongside the Arkham series, but I don't know what I feel about this sequel.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    You already can. Its called the incredible hulk, PS2 game

Despite not liking the original Infamous I'm willing to take a look at this one. New character, new powers and a new city. The first didn't take place in Seattle right?
    Actually yes, that's one of the games I was thinking of, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is exactly what I want in an inFamous game.

Ultimate Veteran
    this game will be action packed cant waite for it

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Whats happend to Cole i didnt see him in the pictures have they change the playable character.
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManDancing View Post
    Side note: I hate people who say a character looks like a douchebag. I mean... really guys?
    I said he SOUNDS like a douche. Completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAZZMAZZ View Post
    Whats happend to Cole i didnt see him in the pictures have they change the playable character.
    You're playing as a new character, Delsin Rowe...

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I said he SOUNDS like a douche. Completely different.

You're playing as a new character, Delsin Rowe...

OK i was thinking Cole back because at the end of infamous 2 the lightning bolt hit the boat
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManDancing View Post

People who say that are probably just ugly, and can't stand playing a good looking char =p They want an average or ugly looking character they can relate to =p

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    The game looks stunning so far. June can't come soon enough!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Updator
    It sounds great. Really looking forward to seeing some gameplay.
    I can read your thoughts.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    People who say that are probably just ugly, and can't stand playing a good looking char =p They want an average or ugly looking character they can relate to =p
    Awww, you think he's cute.

Super Elite
    I should elaborate on my dislike of his look, since I'm now feeling a vague sense of guilt.

I liked Cole because while he looked normal and fitting to his world, he also stood out. His biker/carrier look was unique, colorful, yet still mundane enough to make sense within the context of the game, while his New Marais (spelling?) look was much the same--simple, colorful, though fitting to his new situation.

With Delsin, he just seems like someone you'd encounter on a college campus. Which isn't inherently BAD, of course, it's just a tad disappointing when Cole had a more attractive design. By comparison, Delsin just looks really average, like an NPC you'd walk by on the street. I also feel that he looks a little too much like the guy from the first Prototype.

As for the characters being weak (in response to Red Orb): I think Sucker Punch choosing softer heroes lends them a greater degree of vulnerability. I disliked Prototype, the mentioned Hulk game, and other titles where you play as a behemoth. Yes, it may be fun, but it also takes the feeling of risk away from the game, at least for me. With Cole, and I imagine Delsin, no matter how powerful they become they're still human. Bullets, knives, and a blow to the head will still render them incapable of action (story-wise, of course, gameplay's another thing). They still have the same fears of an average human, because no matter their power, they're still just flesh and blood. I think the level in Infamous 2 where Cole walked into a trap and was hiding behind boxes to try and avoid gunfire did a great job illustrating this. Their being weak also makes certain that they remain human. And I much prefer that to the monolithic alternative.

To each their own, of course. If Super Man is your favorite hero I can only imagine how disappointing others might seem in comparison. But I like the flimsy ones. I'm more interested in their emotional landscapes.

18. Likes snooper71, Itachi likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    im serious i have found sucker punch's games to be very average. They arent in the top tier developers that sony has like naughty dog and santa monica studios.
    NOt sure what you expect out of you 'top tier' studios. They've been able to do their own thing pretty much and that put puts them up there imho.

Anyways. I'm excited to see where they take the franchise. It'd be a blatant lie for me to say they've disappointed me as of yet

Master Sage
    OK i was thinking Cole back because at the end of infamous 2 the lightning bolt hit the boat
    I like to think the lightning bolt was Cole's last act before he died.
    Striking down Zeke.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    As for the characters being weak (in response to Red Orb): I think Sucker Punch choosing softer heroes lends them a greater degree of vulnerability. I disliked Prototype, the mentioned Hulk game, and other titles where you play as a behemoth. Yes, it may be fun, but it also takes the feeling of risk away from the game, at least for me. With Cole, and I imagine Delsin, no matter how powerful they become they're still human. Bullets, knives, and a blow to the head will still render them incapable of action (story-wise, of course, gameplay's another thing). They still have the same fears of an average human, because no matter their power, they're still just flesh and blood. I think the level in Infamous 2 where Cole walked into a trap and was hiding behind boxes to try and avoid gunfire did a great job illustrating this. Their being weak also makes certain that they remain human. And I much prefer that to the monolithic alternative.

To each their own, of course. If Super Man is your favorite hero I can only imagine how disappointing others might seem in comparison. But I like the flimsy ones. I'm more interested in their emotional landscapes.
    I appreciate the response, but I don't follow you at all here, with all due respect.

Firstly, vulnerability is all relative to what you're facing. Cole faced extremely weak enemies, for the most part, and he was no more vulnerable to his enemies than Alex Mercer of Prototype or Hulk from the Ultimate Destruction game were to their respective game enemies. They faced bigger challenges to compensate for their greater powers, simple as that.

One truth is, they have a greater chance for variety if they beef up their characters a little more. A wider sliding scale so to speak, as your threats can start lowly and build up quite dramatically. Kratos for example has plenty of lesser foes that even Cole would be able to take down one on one. His variety of foes however was also much greater for it though, and it can quickly reach into areas that become inconceivable for Cole to handle.

Cole's enemies were extremely disappointing for the most part, both in scale and variety. Mostly guys with guns, then later on some ice guys who still mostly used...guns... while Bertrand, Kessler, and the Beast (only on the good side of things on Infamous 2), were pretty much the only true boss fights he had.

One thing though, you're kind of selling Cole short here a little. He was not anywhere close to as vulnerable as a normal man. He didn't fear bullets the same way a man does, that part where you're trapped in that cage was a showcase for how inhuman he was relative to us. Those boxes were few, and thin, and they quickly shattered from any attempted cover. No Cole was taking those shots, they were just accumulating damage. He also took a helicopter landing rail to the side of the head as it was flying by and managed to avoid even a bit of bruising, let alone decapitation as what would happen to a normal man. There was also the final Bertrand fight where you're riding on the back of Zeke's truck, and Zeke tells you to be careful about the acid spit volleys because "this truck isn't as tough as you are". Then there's also the evil ending, where Zeke shoots Cole point blank with a revolver, and Cole merely flinches, no more than you or I would at a pebble thrown at your face.

Also, emotion is not tied to power levels in an inverse relationship, not sure where this train of thought comes from, because its just false. The two have no direct, strict relationship. Superman is as powerful as they come, but his emotional tolls are not lessened because of it. In-fact, Superman deals with a much more vast emotional scale than someone like Cole or even Batman does due to his powers, this is a guy that has to try to go to sleep every night knowing people all over the world are crying out his name non-stop, asking for his help, and he has to try his best not to let it drive him insane. It's worse than simply knowing something to likely be true, he knows it first hand, he hears it all. He hears everything. He has to go home every now and then, go to bed with his wife, and he's still having internal strife the whole time because his job is never done, and he can hear every person he fails because even he can't be everywhere at once.

Yeah, Superman is my favorite, but not due to his powers. Superman only registered as a favorite for me in the last few years, before that I thought he was kind of a overpowered deus ex machina without much character, but truth be told he has as much if not more of that than anyone else. I remember going through a particularly rough stretch back during college several years ago, a lot of things going wrong there with regards to family, friends and my academics suffered greatly because of it, and I read through some issues of a much vaunted comic arc for him called All-Star Superman. It was probably the most optimistic tale in the face of depression and hopelessness I ever read. It changed me as a person.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Awww, you think he's cute.
    Well he's so $#@!ing much cuter than Marcus Fenix.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Although I agree with most points in this post, there is one thing I will NEVER accept, and that is making heroes too powerful. Like you said it doesn't have to change their emotional struggles or challenges as you can have stronger enemies to compensate but simply doesn't work for me. The more powerful a superhero is the more crazy strong you have to make a villain to even stand a chance and that always just makes me roll my eyes (Dragon Ball Z, Superman etc)

It seems like a cheap infomercial that keeps saying "Wait! there's more..." and introduces a villain that is even stronger than the last one, even though they hyped the last villain's power as the highest. Not to mention in these scenarios either the hero magically through sheer will power and inspiration beats the unbeatable tyrant or the tyrant falls prey to what is known as talk no jutsu, where the hero talks to the villain and he realizes his wrongs (both are pathetic and rarely seem justifiable)

I guess what I'm saying is that the audience will always find it more believable to accept a hero that has room to grow, one that doesn't juggle planets or bathe in the sun. It's easier to relate to a college punk with just smoke powers than a demi god and unless you have professional writers good enough to make the demi god feel vulnerable and human enough, I say stick with normal powered heros
    Last edited by Itachi; 05-10-2013 at 21:04.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    The more powerful a superhero is the more crazy strong you have to make a villain to even stand a chance and that always just makes me roll my eyes (Dragon Ball Z, Superman etc)

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Yup and I talk to my friends frequently about how if we hadn't watched DBZ when I was a kid and I watched it now I would consider it the most inconsistent piece of crap ever, I can go on and on about how the series has some serious flaws but I love it nonetheless due to the nostalgia value.

Look at how King kai reacts when he finds out that freeza is on Namek. The old man basically dies of shock and then you tell me that the king kia knew all along about Buu and the supreme kai? King Kai was loosing his sh*t at Vegeta and Nappa for God's sake. What's the point of all that hype? dbz made you believe it was the end of everything at EVERY battle and then they are like "lol just kidding we lied" and introduce someone even stronger. It made me not give a crap about any villain because I knew there would be a bigger fish out there somewhere.

Did you see the new movie "Dragon Ball Z Battle of the Gods"? They literally had to introduce a god of war (named Bills LOL) and a new Super Saiyan God mode. You mean to tell me that when you made goku achieve the legendary state of a saiyan warrior (The Super Saiyan) that has only been achieve once in history of all saiyans iirc, it was just the start of a series of transformations? How long till we get a god 1 and god mode 2,3...?
    look at this $#@!, goku SS3 knocked out in one hit! Skip to 1:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrRmZ7E8y1k

THIS IS ALLL BS I HATE EVERYTHINGDKMFpmefpmewpfm12 *passes out in rage*
    Last edited by Itachi; 05-10-2013 at 23:11.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Everyone knows that's DBZ's biggest flaw. The execution is very good though; at least up through the Cell saga.

Thread Information