Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Corruption, fraud. Some insurance companies even have direct access to the FED. It's best to just be rid of it.
    Throw the baby out with the bath water? There are plenty of very good, solidly run insurance companies out there, you just never hear much about them. I don't think getting rid of insurance companies would be taking a step forward to be honest, we'd be going back centuries.

Like I said, business owners would be much less willing to take the risk that is inherent in starting up a company without the benefit of having insurance.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Throw the baby out with the bath water? There are plenty of very good, solidly run insurance companies out there, you just never hear much about them. I don't think getting rid of insurance companies would be taking a step forward to be honest, we'd be going back centuries.

Like I said, business owners would be much less willing to take the risk that is inherent in starting up a company without the benefit of having insurance.
    I'm not gonna deny the inherent benefits to having insurance. I do have to hand it to you there. Where I'm coming from is in the area of corruption and fraud. Insurance was supposed to be just for catastrophic purposes. It's how it started out. Nowadays though, it's about getting as much money as they can. The corruption and fraud runs deep. Hell, we have corporations who have direct ties to the banking system and if the D.O.J. pushes too hard, they threaten to crash the economy.

I would propose doing away with them altogether and starting from scratch, limit the size the corporation can grow to and limit the functionality. It's supposed to be about protection and relief in case of a catastrophe and thus, it should be kept to that functionality.

Thread Information