Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51
  1. #26
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    6,440 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    The entire streaming thing is bad. To stream people must have a good internet speed and lots of usage GB. That's why I will keep my phat PS3 and just add on it liquid cooling system so it will less for very long.


    CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

  2. #27
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,538
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,118 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    The entire streaming thing is bad. To stream people must have a good internet speed and lots of usage GB. That's why I will keep my phat PS3 and just add on it liquid cooling system so it will less for very long.
    Those that have, will; those that do not, tough $#@!. Its part of life.

  3. #28
    Forum Elder
    Nakatomi Uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Uk
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,931
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    2,718 (0 Banked)
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    The benefit for me on this streaming feature is I can look at a friends profile and watch what he's playing and see for myself if the game is good from a normal players point of view, I will get a PS4 next year but I normally get a new console after the 1st has passed just in case there is any issue with hardware and if they release a newer version less power requirements etc


    Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

  4. #29
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,396
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    15,806 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Yoshida then said that Sony was gimping the vaunted feature by allowing developers to decide whether or not their games could be shared
    Contradictory much? SONY is gimping... Devs will decide.. Well which one is it Kohler? Gaming "Journalists" are at their best these days!!!


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  5. #30
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,749
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    67,240 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You need only look at how many devs chose to support ingame XMB music on PS3 to see who will bother with this, developers are sloppy nowdays, so I only expect mostly 1st/2nd party devs to take advantage of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

  6. #31
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,538
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,118 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtieLange View Post
    To the last question, I did not say a developer, maybe they do not want the flow of the test version of the game. Otherwise, the game developers will need to explain why they have not answered, while another person.

  7. #32
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,396
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    15,806 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    You need only look at how many devs chose to support ingame XMB music on PS3 to see who will bother with this, developers are sloppy nowdays, so I only expect mostly 1st/2nd party devs to take advantage of it.
    Isn't the sharing hw based and sw restricted? If so, and devs are lazy, it's a good thing

    Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  8. Likes YoungMullah88 likes this post
  9. #33
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Another negative PS4 thread from The Sith. You should be banned for that

    Yoshida clearly said that the functionality is there for developers to block what they want, but I bet half of them don't bother blocking anything from sharing/streaming and the rest only big spoilerific things. If that annoys you then shout at the developers not Sony. Unless it's a Sony developed game... then you can whine at Sony, sure
    So admins tell me how I got a warning for this post I'd love to know. Moderation on this site is appalling.

    1. clearly a joke
    2. No warning for The Sith when he said the same thing (sorry bro I don't actually have a problem with you or I'd have reported it, as said it was a joke)

  10. Likes sainraja likes this post
  11. #34
    Dedicated Member
    Gantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    4,587 (2,400 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    So admins tell me how I got a warning for this post I'd love to know. Moderation on this site is appalling.

    1. clearly a joke
    2. No warning for The Sith when he said the same thing (sorry bro I don't actually have a problem with you or I'd have reported it, as said it was a joke)
    It doesn't scream out " hey I'm just kidding"

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

    Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

  12. #35
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    254 (0 Banked)
    Sony hasn't screwed up anything with the PS4. Heck it's not even out yet. With next gen, Sony seems to have played their cards right so far.

  13. #36
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    It doesn't scream out " hey I'm just kidding"

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    As I and plenty others have said so many times before... they're entitled to be as strict or lenient as they like as long as those standards are applied equally, when they aren't something needs to be said.

  14. Likes sainraja , snooper71 likes this post
  15. #37
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,518
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    25,795 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    You need only look at how many devs chose to support ingame XMB music on PS3 to see who will bother with this, developers are sloppy nowdays, so I only expect mostly 1st/2nd party devs to take advantage of it.
    Yeah I'm expecting something along these lines also.
    Last edited by EHY893; 05-10-2013 at 00:49.

  16. #38
    Veteran
    bobtheduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,894
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    4,521 (0 Banked)
    gotta admit, I didn't like that part, either. This sort of makes the streaming feature gimped. May as well just use a normal capture card on your computer, because they don't block it at all on there.

    And, yeah, I care about streaming and sharing, particularly the rewind ability. It's like Tivo for your games, so if something crazy happens that I missed, I can rewind and see it again. Of course, I won't be able to get a new system for a couple years, anyhow, so it's kind of a moot point for me.

  17. #39
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,306
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,752 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm changing the thread title to 'Sony has put restrictions on Game Streaming on PlayStation 4'. Because its more accurate and less negative than the current one. PM me if there is any issues, but this is another story about the issue:

    PS4 Controller’s Share Button Will Conform with Developer Limitations:
    http://gamerant.com/playstation-4-sh...41296386718750
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 05-10-2013 at 01:10.

  18. Likes EHY893 likes this post
  19. #40
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,995
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,758 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    As someone who hates spoilers; then yeah I'm actually for this (blocking ending areas for a certain amount of time).

    I don't really know why anyone would be pro spoilers for any game, or any console/game system......

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  20. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
  21. #41
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,501
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    12,727 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Did I miss something somewhere, this was kinda obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I'm changing the thread title to 'Sony has put restrictions on Game Streaming on PlayStation 4'. Because its more accurate and less negative than the current one. PM me if there is any issues, but this is another story about the issue:

    PS4 Controller’s Share Button Will Conform with Developer Limitations:
    http://gamerant.com/playstation-4-sh...41296386718750
    I think Sith posted that one too lol
    But news is news, better posted then not posted

    Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 05-10-2013 at 04:39.

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  22. #42
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,396
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    15,806 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I'm changing the thread title to 'Sony has put restrictions on Game Streaming on PlayStation 4'. Because its more accurate and less negative than the current one. PM me if there is any issues, but this is another story about the issue:

    PS4 Controller’s Share Button Will Conform with Developer Limitations:
    http://gamerant.com/playstation-4-sh...41296386718750
    Nope, still not accurate. DEVELOPERS will be able to put restrictions if they want. There is no restrictions on SONY's side. Come back when SONY's 1st party implement those restrictions, then, and only then will the title be accurate.


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  23. Likes Admartian likes this post
  24. #43
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,134
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    25,511 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    As I and plenty others have said so many times before... they're entitled to be as strict or lenient as they like as long as those standards are applied equally, when they aren't something needs to be said.
    Yes. Consistency would be nice.

  25. #44
    Superior Member
    GreatSpaceKoaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    890
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    11,092 (0 Banked)
    I don't care either way. I'm likely to very rarely use this feature...if at all.

    Giving devs the control over whether a spoiler can be shared kinda reeks of the ultra control some movie makers wanted over their movies. See.... there was this christian company that would "clean up" movies of objectionable material for a fee. I think it was set up where the customer would buy a regular copy and send it to this company for clean up OR the company bought the copies and would sell the cleaned up copies while destroying the original.

    They would do simple clean ups like showing a couple kiss and head to the bedroom, but not show the actual sex scene. It was just understood. Or... they could go as far as not even implying the unmarried couple is gonna have sex. They just show them kiss and the scene ends right after.... never showing them going to the bedroom.

    In both cases the movie studios/film makers would still get the full sale. But movie makers wanted to stop them because they said it was compromising their artistic vision of how their work would be displayed. That's what I'm feeling here. I say... let the users who bought your game do as they please with it.

  26. #45
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,306
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,752 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Nope, still not accurate. DEVELOPERS will be able to put restrictions if they want. There is no restrictions on SONY's side. Come back when SONY's 1st party implement those restrictions, then, and only then will the title be accurate.
    Sorry when I changed it I mean that Sony has developed a restriction ability, but I worded it poorly. Fixed it now mate.

  27. #46
    Master Guru
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,398
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    5,996 (44,164 Banked)
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Best to give devs freedom rather that dictate it upon them. Imagine all the fun we'll have bashing devs and publishers when they abuse it.


    On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

    .

  28. #47
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,538
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,118 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    I don't care either way. I'm likely to very rarely use this feature...if at all.

    Giving devs the control over whether a spoiler can be shared kinda reeks of the ultra control some movie makers wanted over their movies. See.... there was this christian company that would "clean up" movies of objectionable material for a fee. I think it was set up where the customer would buy a regular copy and send it to this company for clean up OR the company bought the copies and would sell the cleaned up copies while destroying the original.

    They would do simple clean ups like showing a couple kiss and head to the bedroom, but not show the actual sex scene. It was just understood. Or... they could go as far as not even implying the unmarried couple is gonna have sex. They just show them kiss and the scene ends right after.... never showing them going to the bedroom.

    In both cases the movie studios/film makers would still get the full sale. But movie makers wanted to stop them because they said it was compromising their artistic vision of how their work would be displayed. That's what I'm feeling here. I say... let the users who bought your game do as they please with it.
    That is not the same thing at all. One is censorship the other isn't.
    The person playing the game can still see everything that the developers intended them to see.

  29. #48
    Superior Member
    GreatSpaceKoaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    890
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    11,092 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    That is not the same thing at all. One is censorship the other isn't.
    The person playing the game can still see everything that the developers intended them to see.

    It is censorship since they are censoring what you can share.... not censoring what you can see in the game yourself. The issue here is sharing and devs being control freaks.

  30. #49
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Sony is screwing up a lot of things with the PS4.
    Like what? Seems like Sony is addressing the mistakes they made with PS3.

  31. #50
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,501
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    12,727 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    It is censorship since they are censoring what you can share.... not censoring what you can see in the game yourself. The issue here is sharing and devs being control freaks.
    Its actually in the terms and conditions of use that footage can not be distributed, I know people do it and game sites do too but officially we're not supposed to
    So in a dev controlled environment its kinda expected not to be able to stream footage from the entire game

    Sent via Codec

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.