Threaded View

PSU Live Streamer

Did you like it or not? Deus Ex: Human Revolution

This is it! The game I originally envisioned starting this series on. Just finished it, the credits are rolling....what an experience...

This game series completely passed me by. I didn't give it a chance 10 years-ish ago when the first title was released, and when this one came out 2 years ago....I didn't even know it came out! It wasn't until a couple months ago when I was watching a YT video from a guy discussing video games while showcasing a random game he was playing that I learned about this title. After watching his vid I quickly went to seek out more info on it and shortly there after ordered it from amazon.

So here it is, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the game thats all about choice and playing the game how YOU want to play it. The concept intrigued the hell out of me and I couldn't stop discussing it with someone I work with. He quickly said he knew about it but didn't think it was for him. "Too many dark tones" he said. "Don't like dark games" he said. Well with all my raving about the game while waiting for it to arrive....he jumped on kijiji and bought a copy lol. And that rapidly took this experience from enjoyable to over the top fun. As every day at work we would discuss how far we got to, how we managed to over come certain situations, who we killed, who we saved.....the answers were NEVER the same.

The game is as cyberpunk as I could possibly want it to be, right down to the music which I enjoyed so much that I downloaded the soundtrack to my phone so I could listen to it on the go. The music is something you might expect from the movie Tron Legacy. Simply perfect for the overall ambiance of the game.

It wasn't without its flaws though. Some rough facial animations, flickering shadows from time to time and some frustrating boss encounters. Probably stopping the game from being a perfect title in all manners, but I was quickly able to look past it while becoming enthralled in the experience. HIGHLY recommend this game, I look forward to playing it again differently.

Anyway, now I'm just rambling on due to the high I'm on having just finished it.

So my question to you all is, did you like it or not?
    Last edited by shepard; 05-09-2013 at 15:55.

Thread Information