Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Reminder of the rules

In August 2011, I posted the following :

New rule now In effect (thread title updated)

We have a growing problem at PSU. Harassment in the form of publicly calling out of people for their "agenda" or "fanboysih traits". Threads with perfectly debatable topics are having to be closed, or abandoned because a small group of people cannot leave their personal attacks aside. All too often we are seeing comments like "[SITE] must be sending their people over" whenever a negatively toned article is posted, doesn't matter the console. People are going to have to suck it up that some negative things happen with consoles. If you disagree with the article, present your counter opinion, but don't call the person making the thread into a villain. Discuss the topic, not the member.

Some examples (read the threads to see the posts):

Example 1 - there are quite a few posts, including the opening one, that use the term "a group of people" or "certain members" Why? Can't the topic just be discussed without making it personal?

Example 2 - Member posts an opinion based article on a "what if" or "alternate concept" view of Sony's practice, and is met with "not surprising who posted" or "didn't you get the memo? it's cool to hate Sony" sort of comments. What does this:
    sounds like Teamxbox has sent the orders out and the devout are starting their next chant.

add to the topic? Nothing.. it was just calling out the member as having some sort of agenda that sparks the thread into attacking the op and kills the thread.

Example 3 - Early on, the article is trashed rather than discussed and 16 posts in and we have our calling out again of TeamXbox, again, implying the poster is a 360 fanboy posting the article. A few more posts later and we have another mention of a "camp" of people who are just hating on Sony rather than discussing the article. So in the first page of posts, we have less than 20% of them actually discussing the topic. Most are just insulting, or dismissing the article with no real counterpoints.

This is STILL in effect and is posted in the rules forum.

It doesn't matter who you cheer for, calling a person out or implying they have an agenda is not tolerated on PSU at all. It derails threads and leads to mass infractions.

This is just a reminder, and a notification for our newer members that this DOES get enforced.

I have seen this on the rise with the impending Xbox announcement and new round of consoles coming this year. It seems to be coming into fashion again to start insipid console wars and trolling. Our moderation team will be enforcing this rule to the full extent of their ability.

2. Likes Updator , DarkVincent07, mistercrow, Lethal , claud3, DeviousOne , Black , Fijiandoce wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran

I totally agree sir... And hopefully this will help

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    How bout a reminder for the staff about how to do their jobs

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    I would expect you will see them do just that soon...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    How bout a reminder for the staff about how to do their jobs
    There have been internal discussions between staff about this issue. The purpose of this thread is to give ALL members notice of this rule so when Mods crackdown no one feels like they are being targeted. All members including staff are to be respectful to each other this is a community and we only want to make sure every members has a great experience on the forums within the guidelines set forth by staff.

If any member sees a trend or something that's a violation please use the report button or PM staff we WILL address it.

With PS4 coming and the New Xbox its important that we remind everyone of these guidelines. So going forward please be aware of what Cuguy has brought to the forefront because staff well be looking for it and taking the appropriate actions.

E3 is just a few weeks away and wee are going to have A LOT to discuss let's all just be respectful and have a good time if you ever have any questions staff is always here via PM to answer them.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    There have been internal discussions between staff about this issue. The purpose of this thread is to give ALL members notice of this rule so when Mods crackdown no one feels like they are being targeted. All members including staff are to be respectful to each other this is a community and we only want to make sure every members has a great experience on the forums within the guidelines set forth by staff.

If any member sees a trend or something that's a violation please use the report button or PM staff we WILL address it.

With PS4 coming and the New Xbox its important that we remind everyone of these guidelines. So going forward please be aware of what Cuguy has brought to the forefront because staff well be looking for it and taking the appropriate actions.

E3 is just a few weeks away and wee are going to have A LOT to discuss let's all just be respectful and have a good time if you ever have any questions staff is always here via PM to answer them.
    Aite fella I've probably overreacted but it's the sort of thing that grinds my gears. I have pm'd an admin couple times in the past when I've felt I've been shafted by a mod but with no reply so have a lack of faith in discrete problem resolution if you're just gonna get ignored.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

Reminder of the rules

Aite fella I've probably overreacted but it's the sort of thing that grinds my gears. I have pm'd an admin couple times in the past when I've felt I've been shafted by a mod but with no reply so have a lack of faith in discrete problem resolution if you're just gonna get ignored.
    This is why we wanted to bring this to everyones attention so NO one feels shafted by anyone. That's the last thing we want any one of our members to feel!

Reports submitted are viewed by all staff and discussed. If you feel its being ignored please contact another member of staff we take what we do seriously and the last thing we want as a whole are members feeling they are being ignored or targeted.
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 05-10-2013 at 17:32.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    If you get an infraction or warning you feel is unjust...report the infract/warning thread and a note why you disagree. Then the whole staff will see it, not just one person who may be busy. I think we can report those threads right? Edit: Yeah this is possible.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    If you get an infraction or warning you feel is unjust...report the infract/warning thread and a note why you disagree. Then the whole staff will see it, not just one person who may be busy. I think we can report those threads right?
    yeah i believe so!

Just have to have a legitimate reason to contest. We have a rule against ban/infraction contesting, but that to prevent members from making complaint threads about their infractions. Report the infraction and state your case and the staff will all get a chance to see it. make a thread about an infraction? expect another infraction.

Supreme Veteran

Were else can you go with this rule, it is clear as day and yet many faultier in understanding it...

Thread Information