Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

    Who enforces the rules on PSU?

    When a member breaks a rule on PSU and it is reported or made known, who enforces the rules or deals with the troublemaking? Is it only SMC and mods who enforce the rules and the admins take care of the site, make the rules, and make sure the SMC and mods are enforcing the rules?

    I just want to know, if a member is being harassed and they go to an active admin and say, "Help, I'm being harassed!" Is it normal and protocol for an admin to ignore that member? Did the member go to the wrong user group and should have went to an smc or mod?

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,367
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    77,353 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Reported posts are handled by the entire staff. Moderators and Admins handle the more strict reports. If someone is harassing you, report the post, or PM, and an admin or moderator will look in to it.

  3. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
  4. #3
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Okay, thank you.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  5. #4
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    What if you pm an admin around 5 times and that admin ignores you and the situation? Just go to someone else right?

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  6. #5
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,102
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    144,727 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    What if you pm an admin around 5 times and that admin ignores you and the situation? Just go to someone else right?
    I would definitely use the report button first. It sends it to the entire staff. PM someone, and you might have to wait due to a number of things. Heck, you might PM a staff member, and at that particular time, they are away for a few days, etc. Report button, and communication from staff to members is key.

    If it were me, I'd see the report, and PM the member who reported it and let them know it's being looked into. Keeping the member updated in the process is also a good idea.




  7. Likes Ghost , Lethal likes this post
  8. #6
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,367
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    77,353 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    What if you pm an admin around 5 times and that admin ignores you and the situation? Just go to someone else right?
    One of the Admins stepped down. Like F34R said, it always best to report the issue first.

    You are more than welcome to send me a PM and I can assist the situation for you.
    Last edited by Lethal; 05-10-2013 at 01:12.

  9. #7
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    One of the Admins stepped down. Like F34R said, it always best to report the issue first.

    You are more than welcome to send me a PM and I can assist the situation for you.
    I'm not being harassed right now, but there's some questions I'll ask. Sending pm.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  10. #8
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,902
    Rep Power
    159
    Points
    69,048 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    One of the Admins stepped down.
    She didn't PM me.

  11. #9
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,981
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    42,781 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    She didn't PM me.


    hehe.

  12. #10
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,616
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    331 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Believe me they are enforced by those in charge and that is the Admin, Mod's and all that have the power to enforce them
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  13. #11
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    TBW if it happens report it so all smc, mods, and admin can handle it.

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  14. #12
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    3,394,444 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i think it is important to remind the OP that just because an admin or mod is PM'd about an issue, doesn't mean it will be addressed the way you expect it to.

    Often times we will look into something that someone PM's us and realize it is just them being far too touchy about things. As a result, we may not act on it.

    If you were "ignored" then it is likely your report wasn't necessarily valid, and probably wasn't acted on.

    That aside, PM reporting isn't the best way to do things... unless you have a complaint about a staff member you would rather discuss in private. Reports are by far the best way to ensure your complaint is read.
    LMAO

  15. #13
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,616
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    331 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This makes sense Friend... But from the point off the poster, they must know that the Admin and alike are looking upon the forum and finding the one's that are breaking the rules no matter how small the rule breaking is. It has to be shown that the rules are being enforced
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  16. #14
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,119
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    495 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Believe me they are enforced by those in charge and that is the Admin, Mod's and all that have the power to enforce them
    They still have to go through a check before the person is banned, if a mod/admin abuse there power they can get into alot of trouble, also SMC arent allowed to ban unless its a repeat offender or a spambot.



    Thank you itachi

  17. #15
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    i think it is important to remind the OP that just because an admin or mod is PM'd about an issue, doesn't mean it will be addressed the way you expect it to.

    Often times we will look into something that someone PM's us and realize it is just them being far too touchy about things. As a result, we may not act on it.

    If you were "ignored" then it is likely your report wasn't necessarily valid, and probably wasn't acted on.

    That aside, PM reporting isn't the best way to do things... unless you have a complaint about a staff member you would rather discuss in private. Reports are by far the best way to ensure your complaint is read.
    I pmed this admin about the permanently banned member "Dave" and this admin DID ignore me while what I was pming the admin about was getting posts deleted because he was being so ugly toward me. So you can't sit there and say the member was being "touchy".

    I had to go to another admin, Ixion, at the time to get the Dave situation noticed and under control. And that's another thing, about those reports. You either need more staff or you need your staff to be more active, because sometimes it takes a long time to see reports handled and then reports aren't handled at all. When reports aren't handled at all, why can't you do like F3AR said and let the member know?

    The same admin who ignores me is still active on the forum today. I've also sent that admin pms about different topics and he still ignores me. Not a reply or anything, yet I bet I can pm Lethal or Agriel and I'd get a reply.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  18. #16
    Forum Sage
    Agriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,377
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    13,987 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I pmed this admin about the permanently banned member "Dave" and this admin DID ignore me while what I was pming the admin about was getting posts deleted because he was being so ugly toward me. So you can't sit there and say the member was being "touchy".

    I had to go to another admin, Ixion, at the time to get the Dave situation noticed and under control. And that's another thing, about those reports. You either need more staff or you need your staff to be more active, because sometimes it takes a long time to see reports handled and then reports aren't handled at all. When reports aren't handled at all, why can't you do like F3AR said and let the member know?

    The same admin who ignores me is still active on the forum today. I've also sent that admin pms about different topics and he still ignores me. Not a reply or anything, yet I bet I can pm Lethal or Agriel and I'd get a reply.
    who did you PM and maybe I can clear up why they dont answer.


  19. #17
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,902
    Rep Power
    159
    Points
    69,048 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    @Black Wolf

    If you were looking at our 'Site Leaders' page, some of the members listed under 'Administrators' don't handle forum issues. Right now the only admins that handle the forum are Cuguy, Lethal, and Agriel.

    Back when you PMed me about Dave, it was Cuguy, myself, and Agriel.

    I think that's where the misunderstanding is stemming from.

  20. #18
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,597
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    19,453 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Got curious so I had to ask, if an admin is "ignoring you" but others dont.. why do you still PM the admin thats ignoring you? lol

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

    PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4


    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  21. #19
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    who did you PM and maybe I can clear up why they dont answer.
    I'll send you a pm on who it is. You can reply in this thread or via pm on why they never answer my pms.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  22. #20
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Got curious so I had to ask, if an admin is "ignoring you" but others dont.. why do you still PM the admin thats ignoring you? lol
    During the Dave situation, this certain admin was one of the few admins active so I thought it was okay if I pm him. I also keep hearing about members getting replies from him, but you're right. I should just give it up.

    I don't mean to bother anyone, but I hear about when members pm this admin about feedback or anything, he replies but when I do, he doesn't. It's a tiny issue, but I'm just wondering what's at the core of it. Did I do something wrong? Do I give too much feedback and that's seen as complaining?

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  23. #21
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,119
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    495 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    During the Dave situation, this certain admin was one of the few admins active so I thought it was okay if I pm him. I also keep hearing about members getting replies from him, but you're right. I should just give it up.

    I don't mean to bother anyone, but I hear about when members pm this admin about feedback or anything, he replies but when I do, he doesn't. It's a tiny issue, but I'm just wondering what's at the core of it. Did I do something wrong? Do I give too much feedback and that's seen as complaining?
    most admins don't reply to PM mainly because there just popping on for a minute or there busy with something, as most of the admins are just volunteer based.



    Thank you itachi

  24. #22
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    most admins don't reply to PM mainly because there just popping on for a minute or there busy with something, as most of the admins are just volunteer based.
    What kind of forum is this then? ALL the other forums I've been on, volunteer or not, the admins will reply to your concerns. That's part of the job.

    I still haven't received a WHY on this admin ignoring me. I give up, but this is not fair. If I get harassed again and this admin is the only one active, I might be screwed. That's not fair and that's not right. I haven't done anything to him or staff.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  25. #23
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,989
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    5,940 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You can always PM another staff member.

    I know it's not the first time you complained about someone harassing you but the bottom line is that you sometimes overreact. When you were being harassed by Dave once, I cleaned up some posts in the NFL thread where you didn't bother to listen to what he was saying. So I don't exactly blame him for getting angry even though his insult was unnecessary.

    If I sound bothered, it's because you admit to this being a tiny issue so it should be something you can easily forgive whoever this admin is, right?

    It's really the moderators who should be dealing with troublesome members and the admins handle whatever features/bugs need to be addressed at the time. You should use the report button and if you see no action was taken we likely deemed it a non-issue.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-04-2013 at 03:47.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

    Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

  26. #24
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,428
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    31,210 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    As other members of staff have said, either please report it or PM a MOD and we WILL look into it. Trust me on that

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.