Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Have I lost my chance?

I want to buy Fatal Frame II on psn since I've heard that its one of the greatest ps2 horror games, but what I'm worried about is that since its quite a dated game, it may have lost its 'horror' element. I assume if I played the original resident evil now, the ugly polygonal graphics wouldn't do the game justice and I wouldn't be scared AT ALL. so I ask you guys, have I lost my chance to play fatal frame II and should I still buy it?

the alternative is the original dead space. I LOVED DS2 and apparently the original is scarier

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    No, you haven't lost your chance.

PS2 level graphics are still more than decent enough to fairly represent human anatomy/proportions. You won't be any less scared.

Truth be told, I would see no reason to be any less scared of RE1/RE2 on PS1 even now with the comparatively blocky graphics, simply because the atmosphere (music/art design etc.) are the things that bring about any sense of dread and those things age well regardless of graphics/sfx enhancements.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Thanks for the post. I'll check it out then.
    Really looking forward to The Evil Within since that all the hope survival horror has left on consoles next gen

Thread Information