Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Why Naughty Dog's star designer left

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/19178..._a_teacher.php

Some interesting quotes
    "Iíve always had an indie kidís soul, I think," he says. "I grew up in the 80s. So whether it was the New Wave with its connections to punk music and the whole DIY scene... I always had a sense that what a big studio did was often amazing, but the cultural products of regular folks were often equally amazing and were very relevant to me and my life - the kind of place that Iíve come from and the things I was interested in."
    Lemarchand cites the work philosophy of his former studio for the easy adjustment. "Naughty Dog works in a very smart, pragmatic way," he says. "Theyíre always focused on solving the current problems in the implementation of the design of the game in the right ways, by really talking honestly about the game that weíre working on. And thatís the kind of approach that I think is useful in the classroom, especially for a young, artistic form like ours."
    Despite protestations that he's getting on in his years - too much to put in the 100 hour work weeks asked of him in triple-A - Lemarchand seems to radiate youthful exuberance in whatever he does, be it running a class or DJ-ing alongside Fez developer Phil Fish at GDC ("It's loads of fun, DJ-ing with Phil. It's a bit like playing Exquisite Corpse"). In addition to his teaching responsibilities, he's working on a new game in collaboration with one of his department's graduate students.
    100 hour work week! I guess ND talent and skill comes from hardwork

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wow hard work indeed.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Ouch. 7 days a week, 14+ hours each day. Sheesh.

Ultimate Veteran
    When you really love what you do, it shows.

Thread Information