Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The "N" Word

Indoril Nerevar
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    2. White people, if you were black, would you use the "N" word?

3. If someone white called you the "N" word, would you beat them up or treat it like a normal insult? To all members on PSU, if someone called you a racial slur, would you physically attack them or treat it like a normal insult?
    2. I already use it. It's just a word. Ass, tits, cunt, cock, dick, damn, shit, nigger, niggah, mah muthafuckin' nigga. The important thing is the context under which its used. That is, after all, the key component of all human socialization.

3. If someone insults me, I just ignore them. They're either justified in insulting me or they're being ignorant to the situation and myself; neither of which deserve physical retaliation. I don't see the point in starting a fight when its simply not necessary.

2. Likes Dave-The-Rave , Sufi wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    It's one of my favourite words and I'm white.

Fuck being offended, ever heard of context? Case in point, that Louie clip that was posted. He didn't use it in a bad way, it just came randomly.

Why is it that black characters in film and rappers say it like it's nothing? "My nigga!" see, that doesn't sound bad at all. White people should be allowed to say it..no..EVERYONE OF EVERY NATIONALITY AND RACE should be allowed to say it.

my 2 cents

4. Likes Sufi wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    It's one of my favourite words and I'm white.

Fuck being offended, ever heard of context? Case in point, that Louie clip that was posted. He didn't use it in a bad way, it just came randomly.

Why is it that black characters in film and rappers say it like it's nothing? "My nigga!" see, that doesn't sound bad at all. White people should be allowed to say it..no..EVERYONE OF EVERY NATIONALITY AND RACE should be allowed to say it.

my 2 cents
    Why should white people be allowed to say it? White people are the ones who put black people in slavery, held them in slavery for hundreds of years while raping black women and abusing black people in general.

NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE should use the "N" word. It's one of the worst words in the English language.

If I thought it was okay for someone to use it, it would be black people and black people only.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

Unbound Mercenary
    Why should white people be allowed to say it? White people are the ones who put black people in slavery, held them in slavery for hundreds of years while raping black women and abusing black people in general.

NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE should use the "N" word. It's one of the worst words in the English language.

If I thought it was okay for someone to use it, it would be black people and black people only.

Why shouldn't white people be allowed to say it?!

It was black people that started selling their own people into slavery. Black people started it, white people figured " Why not". So don't pull some dumbass race card about something that has been over with for quite a long time.

Its a word, so as long as we have freedom of speech in the US, anyone, anywhere can say whatever the hell they want. Get over it.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

7. Likes Rapture wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    This reminds me of an incident that happened at my school.

It was during history class. In a history book, there was a picture of a black man hanging on a rope. One of the white boys in the class said, "Cool." Do you know what happened next? The only three black guys in the class beat him. I mean, they beat him really good. The teacher had to have help to get those boys off of him.

Then, during my classmate's time in the same class, a boy I know said the same word, "Cool". This boy is the last person we would have thought would be racist. One of the black boys in the class said, "Who said cool?" I heard it and knew who it was, but didn't say anything. Apparently the guy showed his racism other places because none of the black boys in the school would hang around him and he was labeled as racist. Some say he was at the KKK rally a few years ago.

Any way, the "N" word is an ugly word. It's worst than ANY insult you can think of. No matter what context white people use that word in, it's bad. It's bad when black people use it, but it's worse when the people responsible for the word use it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post

Why shouldn't white people be allowed to say it?!

It was black people that started selling their own people into slavery. Black people started it, white people figured " Why not". So don't pull some dumbass race card about something that has been over with for quite a long time.

Its a word, so as long as we have freedom of speech in the US, anyone, anywhere can say whatever the hell they want. Get over it.
    They can say it, but they shouldn't say it.

Get over it? I'm not mad, just stating my opinion. There's nothing for me to "get over".

Yes, black people sold each other into slavery. That does not excuse the white man for going along with it.

What about the KKK? What about white people breaking into black folk's houses and raping? What about the white people who see black people on the road and run them over? What about the hangings after the slaves were freed?

Did the black man help or make the white man do all that?

Unbound Mercenary
    This reminds me of an incident that happened at my school.

It was during history class. In a history book, there was a picture of a black man hanging on a rope. One of the white boys in the class said, "Cool." Do you know what happened next? The only three black guys in the class beat him. I mean, they beat him really good. The teacher had to have help to get those boys off of him.

Then, during my classmate's time in the same class, a boy I know said the same word, "Cool". This boy is the last person we would have thought would be racist. One of the black boys in the class said, "Who said cool?" I heard it and knew who it was, but didn't say anything. Apparently the guy showed his racism other places because none of the black boys in the school would hang around him and he was labeled as racist. Some say he was at the KKK rally a few years ago.

Any way, the "N" word is an ugly word. It's worst than ANY insult you can think of. No matter what context white people use that word in, it's bad. It's bad when black people use it, but it's worse when the people responsible for the word use it.
    I'm not one for racist labels..how bout that?

Continually black and white people is a form of racism. Why not just say, a friend, student, or some other non-racial description? Racism continues because people will continue to do say white person, or black person. Like its going to justify an action that will come later in whatever story they are telling.

And personally, if a person insulted my race, I would not start beating him. If I do, what does that say for my representation of my culture?

Who do you believe is responsible for the word? Me? My fellow white people? I'm just curious.

They can say it, but they shouldn't say it.

Get over it? I'm not mad, just stating my opinion. There's nothing for me to "get over".

Yes, black people sold each other into slavery. That does not excuse the white man for going along with it.

What about the KKK? What about white people breaking into black folk's houses and raping? What about the white people who see black people on the road and run them over? What about the hangings after the slaves were freed?

Did the black man help or make the white man do all that?
    But it excuses the people that started it all? Once slaves got to America, many were treated very well, they were well fed, given shelter, food, and some were paid.

Its just easier to focus on the bad, then accept the good.
    Last edited by Kwes; 05-12-2013 at 01:51.

11. Likes Dave-The-Rave wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran

Who do you believe is responsible for the word? Me? My fellow white people? I'm just curious.
    I think it's white people, but it may be black people. I know one thing, white people have used that word for centuries to put black people now. No one should use that word. They do any way but I try my very best not to.

Unbound Mercenary
    I think it's white people, but it may be black people. I know one thing, white people have used that word for centuries to put black people now. No one should use that word. They do any way but I try my very best not to.
    Its a word. And like all other words, it means nothing to those who can accept and be proud of whatever it is the word is insulting. Every race has some sort of racial slur used in an attempt to insult, and belittle a person.

I take no insult in any form of racial slur as I am content with while generations before have preformed many evil acts, they have also preformed a great many good ones as well.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli

What does slavery have to do with white people not being allowed to a word? It's a stupid word, but it's not a stupid word that is somehow more okay for non-white people to use. That American enslavement of blacks is ancient history and of our distant ancestors. You might as well I Americans can't look the Japanese in the eyes because our ancestors bombed Japan.

Veteran
    But it excuses the people that started it all? Once slaves got to America, many were treated very well, they were well fed, given shelter, food, and some were paid.

Its just easier to focus on the bad, then accept the good.
    No, no one is excused.

And how many slavery cases were like that? Most slaves were treated like crap. I have actually never heard of a slave being paid and treated well. I think that's hogwash.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    This sounds like racism and discrimination against people who did nothing wrong all because of something our ancestors did.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    What does slavery have to do with white people not being allowed to a word? It's a stupid word, but it's not a stupid word that is somehow more okay for non-white people to use. That American enslavement of blacks is ancient history and of our distant ancestors. You might as well I Americans can't look the Japanese in the eyes because our ancestors bombed Japan.
    It has a lot to do with it.

If a person spit on you, would you give them 5 dollars?

White people called your ancestors "n" words. Would you let a white person call you an "N" word without being offended?

Again, I hate the word and don't like it. No one should use it.

Unbound Mercenary
    No, no one is excused.

And how many slavery cases were like that? Most slaves were treated like crap. I have actually never heard of a slave being paid and treated well. I think that's hogwash.
    As with everything, there is a parallel to good.

Northern slaves were treated very well, some were free and just worked for their former masters. The south treated their slaves more like property, which while they were kept alive, the living conditions were quite bad most of the time.

But to suggest that all slaves were treated bad shows a lack of information, and naivety of a child who has yet to understand what actually happened during those days.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    It has a lot to do with it.

If a person spit on you, would you give them 5 dollars?

White people called your ancestors "n" words. Would you let a white person call you an "N" word without being offended?

Again, I hate the word and don't like it. No one should use it.
    So then how is it more okay for a chinese or mexican to spit on you than a white person?

Veteran

But to suggest that all slaves were treated bad shows a lack of information, and naivety of a child who has yet to understand what actually happened during those days.
    I didn't say "all" slaves, I said "Most" slaves were treated badly.

Whatever. I know what my parents know and my grandparents know. I know what I was taught in History. I also know what I see going around here in this hick town.

I'd rather have "the naivety of a child" and know the truth and not be fooled.

That's pure bull shit that slaves were treated good. Even if some were, most were not.
    Last edited by The Black Wolf; 05-12-2013 at 02:13.

Veteran
    So then how is it more okay for a chinese or mexican to spit on you than a white person?
    What?

I have no idea about that question.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    What?

I have no idea about that question.
    You were just going on about how white people enslaving blacks makes it more wrong for whites to say the word.

Unbound Mercenary
    I didn't say "all" slaves, I said "Most" slaves were treated badly.

Whatever. I know what my parents know and my grandparents know. I know what I was taught in History. I also know what I see going around here in this hick town.

I'd rather have "the naivety of a child" and know the truth and not be fooled.
    But you yourself said that you had never heard of a case where a slave was treated well. Right?

Well most history classes should teach about Frederick Douglass, of which there are quotes about how well he was treated as a slave.

If you believe what you said, then you have already been fooled.

Veteran
    You were just going on about how white people enslaving blacks makes it more wrong for whites to say the word.
    Okay.

The Mexicans and the Asians didn't do anything.

Veteran
    But you yourself said that you had never heard of a case where a slave was treated well. Right?

If you believe what you said, then you have already been fooled.
    That's right, but I never ruled it out.

And same to you. "If you believe what you said, then you have already been fooled"

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Okay.

The Mexicans and the Asians didn't do anything.
    So you are saying it's okay for them to say nigger but not the whites? I'm not going to care or let how rednecks farmers treated others to affect how I treat anyone. No one today approves of slavery.
    Last edited by Foraeli; 05-12-2013 at 02:24.

Indoril Nerevar
    It's bad when black people use it, but it's worse when the people responsible for the word use it.
    Black Wolf, I don't understand why 'whites' should be accountable of the actions of others simply because they share similar levels of melanin. Doesn't this thinking of yours strike you as something sinister and unfair? I didn't own slaves, nor did my ancestors. My family came to America from Ireland a century ago. So why am I being lumped into a group of long-dead, cruel men and women simply because I too happen to be white? How is your conduct here anything but racism itself?

Firstly, let me point out that I hate this differentiation mentality. I understand using terms like 'white' and 'black', or 'Asian' and 'Caucasian' purely for purposes to note physical and ethnic qualities and traits of a person to simplify conversation, but that's because that's all they are. White people are black people, except, you know, white. Are you aware that the genetics that define the difference between mine and your skin color is less than the genetic difference between two individuals having attached or free earlobes?

Secondly, 'whites' should be allowed to say it because, as Kwes pointed out, it's a free country. I can't see any reason to restricting what we can or cannot say simply because of certain atrocities committed 150+ years ago. How do the events then effect us in this way? They don't. And before you babble on about "oh noes the whites", you should be aware that slavery in Africa stretches back to the ancient world, and it still continues to this day. You seem to recognize slavery by the hands of either black or white hands is terrible, yet the few centuries the Europeans happened to tap into the market receive your scorn primarily.

28. Likes weskurtz81 wishes they had posted this first.
    Unbound Mercenary
    That's right, but I never ruled it out.

And same to you. "If you believe what you said, then you have already been fooled"
    Ah, but I don't get insulted by words as they hold no ground in my mind. My mind is strong enough to remember the good, and understand the bad.

Besides, repeating a bullshit sentence back to the person who just posted it...again shows a bit of a childish behavior. As if I'll suddenly see the meaning of something has none LMAO

Veteran
    So you are saying it's okay for them to say nigger but not the whites?
    No.

It's not okay in my book for anyone to say it.

Now, I was saying IF I was okay with it, ONLY black people should.

Thread Information