Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 138

Thread: The "N" Word

  1. #51
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    No.

    It's not okay in my book for anyone to say it.

    Now, I was saying IF I was okay with it, ONLY black people should.
    But you are saying it's more okay or less bad for non-whites to say the word. That's the part I'm getting at.

  2. #52
    PSU Staff Writer
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    4,749 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Ah, but I don't get insulted by words as they hold no ground in my mind. My mind is strong enough to remember the good, and understand the bad.

    Besides, repeating a bull**** sentence back to the person who just posted it...again shows a bit of a childish behavior. As if I'll suddenly see the meaning of something has none LMAO
    So doing to another person what they just did to you is "childish"? You know what, I shouldn't have said that. If you feel like insulting or belitting someone's behavior, that's you.

    It's fine with me. Yup, helps you win agruments all right.

    Currently Playing: Pokemon X

  3. #53
    PSU Staff Writer
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    4,749 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    But you are saying it's more okay or less bad for non-whites to say the word. That's the part I'm getting at.
    Black people could say it.
    Any other people shouldn't.

    I don't like the "N" word. People should do away with it.

    Currently Playing: Pokemon X

  4. #54
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    @
    The Black Wolf

    Which white people are ok to say it then? Or is it just because the color of someones skin, makes them like white people hundreds or thousands of years ago?

    You might wanna actually read about slavery before you start making black vs white assumptions.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery




  5. #55
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,158
    Rep Power
    139
    Points
    436,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    So doing to another person what they just did to you is "childish"? You know what, I shouldn't have said that. If you feel like insulting or belitting someone's behavior, that's you.

    It's fine with me. Yup, helps you win agruments all right.
    That is me. I can't relate to someone getting insulted about something like "N" word. Because I don't get insulted.

    But whats most odd how you justify how its okay for one group of people to use a word while others shouldn't, because you don't like it. Thats like me saying, I dislike skinny jeans, so only skinny people can wear them because then its not as stupid looking.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  6. #56
    Supreme Veteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,586
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    178 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!


  7. #57
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Black people could say it.
    Any other people shouldn't.

    I don't like the "N" word. People should do away with it.
    But why is it less wrong for non-whites to say it over whites because of what white people's ancestors did 250 years ago? I keep asking and you won't say it.

  8. #58
    PSU Staff Writer
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    4,749 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Black Wolf, I don't understand why 'whites' should be accountable of the actions of others simply because they share similar levels of melanin. Doesn't this thinking of yours strike you as something sinister and unfair? I didn't own slaves, nor did my ancestors. My family came to America from Ireland a century ago. So why am I being lumped into a group of long-dead, cruel men and women simply because I too happen to be white? How is your conduct here anything but racism itself?
    The thing is, this isn't how I think of it. I actually believe NO ONE should say that word. No one. The word stands for hatred and putting someone down.

    What I'm saying is IF I believe the word should be used. It's not what I really believe.

    Firstly, let me point out that I hate this differentiation mentality. I understand using terms like 'white' and 'black', or 'Asian' and 'Caucasian' purely for purposes to note physical and ethnic qualities and traits of a person to simplify conversation, but that's because that's all they are. White people are black people, except, you know, white. Are you aware that the genetics that define the difference between mine and your skin color is less than the genetic difference between two individuals having attached or free earlobes?

    Secondly, 'whites' should be allowed to say it because, as Kwes pointed out, it's a free country. I can't see any reason to restricting what we can or cannot say simply because of certain atrocities committed 150+ years ago. How do the events then effect us in this way? They don't. And before you babble on about "oh noes the whites", you should be aware that slavery in Africa stretches back to the ancient world, and it still continues to this day. You seem to recognize slavery by the hands of either black or white hands is terrible, yet the few centuries the Europeans happened to tap into the market receive your scorn primarily.
    I don't like to see color. There's no need to explain how closely kin all people are.

    People are people, black, white, purple, orange, red, etc.

    I view all slavery as wrong and I admit I have not taken classes like Western Civ and etc, but it doesn't surprise me how long slavery has went on.

    I'm not saying they can't say it, I'm saying they shouldn't say it. It is a free country and you can go outside without wearing underwear if you want to. I'm just stating my 2 cents. That's all.

    Currently Playing: Pokemon X

  9. #59
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This doesn't make any sense.

    Which white people can say it? Decedents of the white people that freed slaves? Or, just because someone is white, they shouldn't say it at all?




  10. #60
    Elite Member
    reasonable_doubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,743
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    7,595 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    It was during history class. In a history book, there was a picture of a black man hanging on a rope. One of the white boys in the class said, "Cool." Do you know what happened next? The only three black guys in the class beat him. I mean, they beat him really good. The teacher had to have help to get those boys off of him.
    If that was my kid or relative I would have went to that school and BEAT THE **** out of those three asshole. I don't give a **** if their family is piss, **** they can come at me if they want, **** that bull****.

    And who are u to tell people what they can say and not say? It like "white people" telling a group of people they can't vote. Also if u want to start preaching about how bad slavery is u might start with those who "SOLD" black to the European, matter of fact they still pratices slave trade in Africa as we speak.
    I don't like to see color. There's no need to explain how closely kin all people are.

    People are people, black, white, purple, orange, red, etc.
    Yet u start a thread asking "white people" and "black people" how they feel about the N word.

    Are u related to Al Sharpton?

  11. #61
    PSU Staff Writer
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    4,749 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    But why is it less wrong for non-whites to say it over whites because of what white people's ancestors did 250 years ago? I keep asking and you won't say it.
    Because of what the white person's ancestors did.

    That's how some black people feel. The black people I know explained it to me like that.

    Currently Playing: Pokemon X

  12. #62
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,158
    Rep Power
    139
    Points
    436,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    This doesn't make any sense.

    Which white people can say it? Decedents of the white people that freed slaves? Or, just because someone is white, they shouldn't say it at all?
    Racial acceptance F34R.

    Didn't you know that we caused slavery, cause were white.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  13. #63
    Indoril Nerevar
    Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,020
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    70,707 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    @Black Wolf
    You're missing me point. What I'm responding to you about is your double standards concerning the word:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Now, I was saying IF I was okay with it, ONLY black people should.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Because of what the white person's ancestors did.

    That's how some black people feel. The black people I know explained it to me like that.
    Well, they should probably stop feeling that way and get over themselves, honestly.
    Last edited by Rapture; 05-12-2013 at 02:48.

  14. #64
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Racial acceptance F34R.

    Didn't you know that we caused slavery, cause were white.
    I'm screwed then because I'm Cuban. I guess I'm responsible for all the crap that Cuba has gone through, and things we did to other countries, etc.

    /goes to change ethnicity to W.




  15. #65
    PSU Staff Writer
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    4,749 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    If that was my kid or relative I would have went to that school and BEAT THE **** out of those three asshole. I don't give a **** if their family is piss, **** they can come at me if they want, **** that bull****.

    And who are u to tell people what they can say and not say? It like "white people" telling a group of people they can't vote. Also if u want to start preaching about how bad slavery is u might start with those who "SOLD" black to the European, matter of fact they still pratices slave trade in Africa as we speak.


    Yet u start a thread asking "white people" and "black people" how they feel about the N word.

    Are u related to Al Sharpton?
    I NEVER SAID YOU "CAN'T" SAY IT! I said you SHOULDN'T say it!

    What's wrong with calling it like it is? People are white, people are black. That alone does not make me a hypocrite.

    Currently Playing: Pokemon X

  16. #66
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,158
    Rep Power
    139
    Points
    436,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'm screwed then because I'm Cuban. I guess I'm responsible for all the crap that Cuba has gone through, and things we did to other countries, etc.

    /goes to change ethnicity to W.
    Oh damn. I'm part German.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  17. #67
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Oh damn. I'm part German.
    Well, I'm double-****ed then. My dad is from Germany, and my mom is from Cuba. 100%.

    excuse me... TRIPLE!! I'm half German, half Cuban, and I'm white as a ghost.




  18. Likes Acid Snake likes this post
  19. #68
    Supreme Veteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,586
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    178 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We whites, we blacks,

    WE DO NOT FREAKING CARE


  20. #69
    PSU Staff Writer
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    4,749 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Here's what I really think:

    The word is a bad word.

    All that isn't even what I really think.

    The End.

    Currently Playing: Pokemon X

  21. #70
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,158
    Rep Power
    139
    Points
    436,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Well, I'm double-****ed then. My dad is from Germany, and my mom is from Cuba. 100%.
    Yeah, you're screwed man.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Here's what I really think:

    The word is a bad word.

    All that isn't even what I really think.

    The End.
    Thats what you should have led with, minus the end part.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  22. #71
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I NEVER SAID YOU "CAN'T" SAY IT! I said you SHOULDN'T say it!

    What's wrong with calling it like it is? People are white, people are black. That alone does not make me a hypocrite.
    "Can't say the word" and "Shouldn't say the word" mean exactly 100% the same thing unless you are talking about a man with laryngitis. And it is ridiculously prestigious to say that someone has to atone for the sins for their ancestors. I don't expect any special treatment from the Japanese for their ancestors bombing Pearl Habor, and you shouldn't expect any special treatment either.

  23. #72
    Indoril Nerevar
    Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,020
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    70,707 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Oh damn. I'm part German.
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Well, I'm double-****ed then. My dad is from Germany, and my mom is from Cuba. 100%.
    I have Native American ancestry. Why aren't you white guys apologizing for what you did to my people? You all better get off of my land!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Here's what I really think:

    The word is a bad word.

    All that isn't even what I really think.

    The End.
    I really wish you'd respond to our criticisms of your earlier statements on how whites should be especially unallowed to say the word, instead of just backing out like that.

  24. #73
    PSU Staff Writer
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    4,749 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    "Can't say the word" and "Shouldn't say the word" mean exactly 100% the same thing unless you are talking about a man with laryngitis. And it is ridiculously prestigious to say that someone has to atone for the sins for their ancestors. I don't expect any special treatment from the Japanese for their ancestors bombing Pearl Habor, and you shouldn't expect any special treatment either.
    There's a difference between "can" and "should".

    Currently Playing: Pokemon X

  25. #74
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,158
    Rep Power
    139
    Points
    436,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I have Native American ancestry. Why aren't you white guys apologizing for what you did to my people? You all better get off of my land!
    NEVER!! You people shouldn't have been on our land before we found it anyway.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  26. Likes F34R likes this post
  27. #75
    Super Elite
    Acid Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,012
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    8,613 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    This thread became a cluster**** pretty fast.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

  28. Likes F34R likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.