Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The "N" Word

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Why are you concerned with other people saying negro, $#@! or $#@! when you, a black person, refer to it as the "N" word?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    There's a difference between "can" and "should".
    You are not making any point. That has no effect on the fact that there is zero difference between "can't say the word" and "shouldn't say the word" unless you are suggesting he was saying that white people have special vocal cords that prevent them from saying $#@!. And you are still not answering anything.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    You are not making any point. There is still zero difference between "can't say the word" and "shouldn't say the word." And you are still not answering anything.
    Can't...can not. Which means you are unable to do something. Shouldn't...should not. An opinionated request to not do something.

Example.

I can't fly unassisted, so I shouldn't try.
    Last edited by Kwes; 05-12-2013 at 03:03.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Why are you concerned with other people saying negro, $#@! or $#@! when you, a black person, refer to it as the "N" word?
    Because it's a bad word and I don't want to say it.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Veteran
    You are not making any point. That has no effect on the fact that there is zero difference between "can't say the word" and "shouldn't say the word" unless you are suggesting he was saying that white people have special vocal cords that prevent them from saying $#@!. And you are still not answering anything.
    What do you want me to answer? I'm sorry, I thought I answered it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    enter the black guy in a suit with a briefcase off solutions,
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Can't...can not. Which means you are unable to do something. Shouldn't...should not. An opinionated request to not do something.

Example.

I can't fly, so I shouldn't try.
    You are not reading what I was saying lol. I'm not talking about "can't" and "shouldn't" alone. I'm talking about there being no difference between saying "can't say $#@!" and "shouldn't say $#@!." There is still zero difference between "can't say the word" and "shouldn't say the word" unless you are suggesting that white people will be arrested for saying it or that white people have special vocal cords that are incapable of producing the $#@!.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    enter the black guy in a suit with a briefcase off solutions,
    My great great grandfather, on my mothers side, is black. I'm confused now. lol So, am I white or black? German, Cuban, American?

Veteran
    You are not reading what I was saying lol. I'm not talking about "can't" and "shouldn't" alone. I'm talking about there being no difference between saying "can't say $#@!" and "shouldn't say $#@!." There is still zero difference between "can't say the word" and "shouldn't say the word" unless you are suggesting that white people will be arrested for saying it or that white people have special vocal cords that are incapable of producing the $#@!.
    "You can't say it!" Your rights to freedom of speech being taken away.
    "You shouldn't say it!" It's preferred for you not to say it, but you still CAN say it.

Unbound Mercenary
    Now you aren't listening. The two words mean very different things. They do not mean the same thing, if you think they do, go study some English, and come back.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    What do you want me to answer? I'm sorry, I thought I answered it.
    The question is why do white people have to atone for the sins of their ancestors and treat blacks differently than other races? And why should I discriminate and single out Japanese for their nation bombing Pearl Harbor over 50 years ago?

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Now you aren't listening. The two words mean very different things. They do not mean the same thing, if you think they do, go study some English, and come back.
    I never said "can't" and "shouldn't" do not mean two different things. You are putting words in my mouth and not reading what I said.

Ultimate Veteran
    Because it's a bad word and I don't want to say it.
    But you made a thread about it.

14. Likes John25 , Acid Snake likes this post
    Veteran
    The question is why do white people have to atone for the sins of their ancestors and treat blacks differently than other races? And why should I discriminate and single out Japanese for their nation bombing Pearl Harbor over 50 years ago?
    I'm not answering that because I didn't say that. You're putting words in my mouth.

I didn't say anything about Pearl Harbor.

Veteran
    Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Don't make threads about stuff you don't like but you're curious about everyone else and you think it'd make good discussion.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    My great great grandfather, on my mothers side, is black. I'm confused now. lol So, am I white or black? German, Cuban, American?
    you my friend are what we call, multi cultured
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    I'm not answering that because I didn't say that. You're putting words in my mouth.

I didn't say anything about Pearl Harbor.
    I never said you said anything about Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor was my reference. And you are still refusing to answer the first question. And you are refusing to answer the question I was asking regarding Pearl Harbor and Americans, which is, by the way, a comparable situation to what you are saying about blacks and whites.
    Last edited by Foraeli; 05-12-2013 at 03:17.

Unbound Mercenary
    Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Don't make threads about stuff you don't like but you're curious about everyone else and you think it'd make good discussion.
    Then be prepared to discuss. :/

Superior Member
    1.) I'm African American, There's different levels of the N word to be accounted for. Most typically used by us is saying the N word with A at the end. A term that we flipped to our slang term. It's like white people calling each other bro. I don't use it too often though. I'm all for it to stop being used.

2.) I'm not white so... Not Applicable lol.

3.) I grew up in a suburb school so I have alot of white friends. SO them calling me the N word it depends on who the person was, which version of the n word they used. Depending on the person I will react with violence 50% of the time.

Coming from a white person Saying the N word with the "er" at the end is the worst.
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

Friendship is Carrots
    Well, that's really not a conflict at all. You can think a subject is bad yet still discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-green28 View Post
    Coming from a white person Saying the N word with the "er" at the end is the worst.
    Can you explain why? Black Wolf failed to do so.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 05-12-2013 at 03:54.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo-green28 View Post
    1.) I'm African American, There's different levels of the N word to be accounted for. Most typically used by us is saying the N word with A at the end. A term that we flipped to our slang term. It's like white people calling each other bro. I don't use it too often though. I'm all for it to stop being used.

2.) I'm not white so... Not Applicable lol.

3.) I grew up in a suburb school so I have alot of white friends. SO them calling me the N word it depends on who the person was, which version of the n word they used. Depending on the person I will react with violence 50% of the time.

I can't imagine myself responding with violence. I just don't see the point in wasting time and energy getting worked up to that point. On top of that, it just doesn't offend me at all.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Well, that's really not a conflict at all. You can think a subject is bad yet still discuss it.
    Fair enough.

I don't care to use negro or any variation of the word myself because I simply refer to black people as black people. I don't even say African-American.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    I can't imagine myself responding with violence. I just don't see the point in wasting time and energy getting worked up to that point. On top of that, it just doesn't offend me at all.
    For me It wouldn't be a rational choice to react with violence. If someone who wasn't black called me the n word I"d just see red and attack, like if someone spit in my face.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Forum Sage

I don't see the big deal with the word, "$#@!". To me, it's just another word. A word means only as much as a person is willing to give. I think the bigger issue here is the obvious double standard surrounding the word. If it's not okay for a certain segment of the population to use it, it's not okay for any segment of the population to use it. Funny thing is, blacks use the word far more than any other race and it's all fine and dandy until someone of another color uses it. The problem is perpetuation, not the word.

26. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I don't see the big deal with the word, "$#@!". To me, it's just another word. A word means only as much as a person is willing to give. I think the bigger issue here is the obvious double standard surrounding the word. If it's not okay for a certain segment of the population to use it, it's not okay for any segment of the population to use it. Funny thing is, blacks use the word far more than any other race and it's all fine and dandy until someone of another color uses it. The problem is perpetuation, not the word.
    Are u black?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Thread Information