Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6

Thread: The "N" Word

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    You are arguing against her, not with her, if this is your case. She is saying that the use of the racial slur is more okay for mexicans and chinese than whites.
    Of course I am arguing somewhat against her, didn't you see that from my post? lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I'm sorry, but in this scenario is sounds like the 'blacks' are being the rude and unfair ones here. They've purportedly maneuvered themselves into a position of victimization and despair that they don't own or are entitled to, then utilize it to commence violence against whites, justified by biased parameters determining what whites can or cannot do (simply because their skin is lighter?). How is this view of the world anything but racially stirred and terrible?
    This goes back to the fact that people today are influenced by racism as well. So they react in such ways that seems overreaction when it's a reaction that is based on the snowball effect.

I'm not saying either side is right, I'm saying what's happening.

Just as there are blacks who think the world owes them something because of what happened to their ancestors. Or east-Asian nations who think their racial branch is greater than their neighbors. Or neo-nazi whites who still despise Jews and think themselves the master race. There are hateful, ignorant, and egocentric people of every race, because we're all equally human. People need to recognize the individuals from the crowd, and realize what makes us is culture and upbringing, not the color of our skin.
    I'm not disagreeing with any of that but the amount of racism in this country and probably around the world is far greater against Blacks than any other race. That matters. Why are we thinking that racism against Blacks/Latinos (while we're at it) is a small problem compared to the rest?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    It is an offensive word for many and others approve this word, because it is a greet word for those that use it in that context...
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Surprised this has not been posted. Warning Adult Language.
    Why do they clap so much? Comedians prefer to hear laughter.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Probably because they agree with it and it's normal for people to clap when it's something political/racial.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Probably because they agree with it and it's normal for people to clap when it's something political/racial.
    But its neither its a comedy standup show.

Forum Overseer
    But its neither its a comedy standup show.
    This isn't the first time someone has made a political statement. Look at that one guy...carlin? the comedian who used to destroy watermelons at the end of his shows with a sledgehammer. some people wanted him to be the president. i'm sure people clapped for him too. why are we talking about this lol, I'm not sure where this is going.

Ancient
    Nope, its not a appropriate word to use
    As in theres no reason to use it
    But I don't think its as offensive as people make out as they use it between each other anyway
    But I guess its the way its used and who says it and to who it is said too
    Some Black people find being called black or coloured offensive, they just don't like being called anything by another race other then a man or women
    Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with any of that but the amount of racism in this country and probably around the world is far greater against Blacks than any other race. That matters. Why are we thinking that racism against Blacks/Latinos (while we're at it) is a small problem compared to the rest?
    Do you really think that? That racism is just dramatically curved against blacks? Because it's not... at all. I mean no offense, but this is just poor understanding of global racism, or really bigotry in general. The Romani people (gypsies) are absolutely despised across Europe. Atheists are hated, sometimes outright killed, in many areas of the world. There's a developing movement in Russia of 'true' Christians, and that those otherwise don't deserve equal rights. The Japanese hate the Chinese (thinking themselves superior), and vice-versa. The Australian Government didn't even recognize the land's indigenous populations as human beings until 1967, and there's still terrible racism against those people today. Right here in the United States, those from the Middle East (or to anyone who ignorantly believes they look similar enough), and Mexicans/southern foreigners in general, are greatly feared or disliked as well. Outside the western world there's tons of racism against whites, especially in areas that were once colonized by Europe or harassed by the United States. There are huge gangs in Africa that hate and actively murder and torture anyone that isn't black or of their same religion. Did you know that a majority of today's slaves are south-Asian, and that the number involved is greater than any amount of blacks ever held as slaves by 'whites' throughout all of history?

So please, don't play into the stereotype that blacks are somehow greater victims here. Because it's not remotely true. Intolerance exists for every group of people - made by every other group of people - that you can imagine, somewhere in this world. What you're doing is conflating the lesser racism towards whites in America as greater racism towards black specifically, in both the nation and possibly the world. There's a big difference between the two.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 05-13-2013 at 08:14.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

9. Likes Yuuichi likes this post
    El Presidente
    A lot of black people do it I guess and that's fine because it's just amongst themselves. But I would never call anyone that. I find no use in that.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Oh gypsies, this I will admit, I do hate them. And the media newsreels about them fleeing to other countries with government checks to live and not work at all is not making it any easier.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Oh gypsies, this I will admit, I do hate them.
    I once got in a fight with some gypsies because I called one of the girls a $#@!. I say 'fight' but it was more of an ambush - it was me against six of them. I didn't stand a chance.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Forum Overseer
    @Rapture, I will have to answer to you tonight as I have to think about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Oh gypsies, this I will admit, I do hate them. And the media newsreels about them fleeing to other countries with government checks to live and not work at all is not making it any easier.
    Yea it's easy to blame people but if you were born in a disadvantaged and unprivileged situation like that, you would probably not come out any different either. I'm not saying that none of it is their fault but continually being in that bracket of the population doesn't encourage them to be good (or what is perceived good) either.

14. Likes Nerevar likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    It's always like that. People always clap at standup comedy shows as well as laugh. It's just another way to applaud the conedian.

Thread Information