Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

I was wondering last night....

does a sex change operation modify one's DNA? You know how the 23rd pair of chromosome in a human is either XX(female) or XY(male) right? So is it even possible to morph DNA like that? Does it happen through hormonal therapy on its own?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    I dont think so, no. to modify every single cell's DNA would be a mad undertaking, probably some laws against it somewhere.

The King has Returned

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think there's hormonal therapy involved, but not so much as changing one's DNA.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    I think there's hormonal therapy involved, but not so much as changing one's DNA.
    This. They give you hormones depending on if you want to be a guy/girl and the sex change which do not think it is magically look I have a $#@!/$#@!, you got something like it but from pictures I have seen it aint pretty.

Side note sex change is going to be covered under many insurances here in the US soon.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Whatever it is, it's an abomination.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    This. They give you hormones depending on if you want to be a guy/girl and the sex change which do not think it is magically look I have a $#@!/$#@!, you got something like it but from pictures I have seen it aint pretty.

Side note sex change is going to be covered under many insurances here in the US soon.
    /me goes to google.
    /me screams like a girl.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    No

But it changes your your clothes size, from a 13 to a sexy 6 number and the high heels are to die for

Your DNA is in my hands, do you know i never washed my hands once this morning

Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    That's what I thought. Its not possible to mutate every cell's DNA, so when people get sex changes, their DNA still remains of their original sex? Creepy (just like the end product of the operation)

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    your DNA is unique to you and you alone... It is impossible to change it, unless you know the full inns and outs off the DNA coding
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information