Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    wait.... i didnt read the article but how the **** else do you measure said "buzz"? the analyst went out and did a survey?
    No. It's just another case of bad journalism.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Michael Pachter needs to be renamed.

Michael Non-fact-checker

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Buzz faded because there has been no news!!!!

Welcome to every single thing ever

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

5. Likes TheBreezyBB , Sufi likes this post
    Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Of course the buzz for the PS4 has faded. I mean, in one short week Microsoft will be revealing the greatest console of all time. That Xbox 720!

Yeah, no. The PS4 hype will be picking up come E3 when we see some megatons.
    Megatons? Please! That word has been sooooooo over used in the PS3/360 era it's pathetic. I can only think of a few instances where it even truly qualified.

The biggest one for me personally was when it was announced that Final Fantasy XIII was also gonna be on the Xbox 360 too. The ONLY real reason why it qualifies as megaton was because so many PS3 fans bragged about it's exclusivity to the PS3 for WELL over a year and said it would NEVER come to the Xbox 360. That's it in a nutshell. There were many a thread and many a forum fights over the issue. Otherwise it wasn't that big of a deal for any other reason. It sold much less on the 360, so the hype was over the exclusivity loss..... not cuz it was that great of a game to begin with.

As for buzz has faded for the PS4? Agreed. It's only natural with time. It will get re-energized at some point. Most likely with E3. Then it will fade again until a few months before launch where the buzz level rises again. That's happens with all consoles.
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 05-14-2013 at 10:28.

Ultimate Veteran

PS4 is almost ready to off-blast
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

Elite Guru

Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    It will pick up again, I can't wait to see what a new Fallout game will look like on PS4.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Pachter.....lol this guy is a joke lately.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Pachter.....lol this guy is a joke lately.
    Lately?

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    Lately?
    I never knew who this guy was till past few months so yeah lately to me lol
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Logged on just to point out that Pachter is a ****. Only reason Gametrailers kept him around is because he's a Microsoft cheerleader. If the PS4 picks up steam I'm fairly certain they'll get rid of Mr. Pachter....like they should have done long ago.

Worst analyst ever.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol..I doubt that. As`long as they come with some new games, a improved XBl, some form of BC, and some improved social services, they should be fine. The buzz will take them right into E-3. The thing is, who will have more services ready on day 1 and history isn't on sony's side when it comes to that. The only thing that will hurt MS is another RROD like fiasco. Other than that they just need to continue the momentum the 360 has in the US and they will be ok.
    You are probably right, but I took the what would happen if things was the other way around "ie, MS showed first with all those features, etc, etc" and then applied historically what the media did previously with all consoles and equalled it out that they would do the same if it was MS.
    But yeah MS will reveal a PS4 devkit on the 21st and say the final version will have Xbox Infinity written on it and the world will go crazy with hype and forget about the PS4
    Now you are right that it will come down to 3 things, services, games and price
    But don't tell me the media won't backlash if MS don't offer something the PS4 doesn't
    We'll be seeing that duck picture with him going to MS's conference and coming out saying "Everything was PS4"
    Don't underestimate the media or forums like GAF
    I personally think they'll be fine because they'll focus on something else the PS4 don't do and is exclusive to MS so it can't be copied
    But we'll have wait and see, not long now

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information