Latest PSU headlines:

Supreme Veteran

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

How do you define racism

Since their has been talk of racism and the N word... Is it a selection of words or selection of action or is it both..

It is a really hard thing to define and i do sometimes find it hard to tell the difference or is there a difference really,

We take the action of a select few, that wipe out nearly an entire race and cause nothing more than pure evil upon a race... But is that racism or just a act of evilness for no reason..

Someone beating up a person of a color, is it still put as racism straight away and why is it, when racism is really hard too define

DEFINE IT FOR ME

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Since their has been talk of racism and the N word... Is it a selection of words or selection of action or is it both..
    Both. Verbal abuse can hurt as much (If not more-so) as physical. In my experience, I've gotten beat up plenty of times and that **** doesn't hurt as much as some of the verbal abuse I've received. Ow!

I don't approve of the use of any racial slur. If you're black, don't say *****. However, with that said. . . don't dance around it. Don't say "the N word", people know what you mean and don't try to sugar coat it.

I totally don't approve of people using retard or ****** as insults either.

It is a really hard thing to define and i do sometimes find it hard to tell the difference or is there a difference really,
    My short answer is "no." I don't think racism is hard to spot.

We take the action of a select few, that wipe out nearly an entire race and cause nothing more than pure evil upon a race... But is that racism or just a act of evilness for no reason..
    I can understand if someone has beef with a certain group based off the actions of a few, but regardless. . . I think its severely narrow minded to hold a grudge against an entire group of people because of the actions of a few.

If I did, I would hate all Spanish people and I'm ****ing Puerto Rican and Colombian.

Someone beating up a person of a color, is it still put as racism straight away and why is it, when racism is really hard too define
    No, if someone beats up someone of another ethnicity that doesn't automatically make it racist. I ****ing hate when people think that.

Off-Topic: You know, I read a bit of that other topic about women and race and. . . never start anything with, "I'm not racist, but. . ."

Like 99.9%, you're going to fail with whatever follows.

Eh, I'll stop there.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Super Elite
    I used to think I was racist. The black guys around here act like assholes. They always have attitude toward me so in my head I was like screw em.

Then I met my buddy Leonard. He don't try and be gangster and isn't prejudice against whites.

I like and respect this guy a lot. It made me realize I'm not racist. I just don't like assholes.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. Likes jlippone, Fijiandoce, claud3 likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    I used to think I was racist. The black guys around here act like assholes. They always have attitude toward me so in my head I was like screw em.

Then I met my buddy Leonard. He don't try and be gangster and isn't prejudice against whites.

I like and respect this guy a lot. It made me realize I'm not racist. I just don't like assholes.

This is actually an amazing post. +rep

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post

Too good.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    One time I was with someone at a hotel during an out-of-state trip, and after we left, she said, "I hope the next hotel guy isn't Indian. That desk clerk was so rude." So pretty much saying that he was rude not because he was a rude person but because he was Indian. I stopped being around her after it became apparent she had "white supremacy" in her blood.

8. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Forum Guru
    Racism is when there is favoritism based on a race of a being.
    It's as simple as that.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    There is many things that define it

1. Thinking your race is superior to everyone else so you put everyone else race down
    2. Believing the sterotypes of a race is true for everyone about that race
    3. Thinking another race is not as evolved as your race

and so it continues. Admitting I had bad experiences with Black people growing up that made me racist. They would always seem to pick on me, and a few jumped me so I had a very negative view of them. Then I meet some nice ones in high school and my view changed when I realized I can not hold an entire race accountable for what a few assholes did.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    I define racism as action taken on the basis of illogical beliefs toward a person who isn't the same race.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    I define racism as action taken on the basis of illogical beliefs toward a person who isn't the same race.
    One can be racist against ones own race as well.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Forum Sage

I know people used to think I was racist and even went around my high school telling others I said "******" and actively trying to get people to gang up on me. It culminated with me pushing this black kid down a flight a steps before he could start a fight. That didn't do anything to disprove the assertion until I took his white friend's head and smashed it against a nearby locker. Then people thought I was crazy and a racist.

Three years later and I'm dating this black chick and throwing everyone for a loop.and people are wondering why I was dating her, as if it couldn't possibly be out of love. It didn't take long to find out the perpetrators of the lies. It turned out, it was the sister of this black boy I got into a fight with in the 8th grade who was sore that her brother lost a fight he started and managed to get himself expelled, arrested and sent to alternative school. Needless to say, the same girl happened to be a friend of the girl I was dating and when she found out... friendship over. Soon after the whole school found out that not only was I not a racist, I was dating the one black girl everyone wanted to date and that I wasn't one to be trifled with.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Rasicm=A bunch of high and mighty ignorant people

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    2 types of racism.

The blatant type and the type were people are so worried about being perceived as racist that they don't realise they are already being so.

Best way is just to see people as who they are and not the colour of their skin, if someone ever accuses me of being racist I just tell them to have a look at themselves.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member
    Anyone in a wolf pack (group of 3 or more) looking to start fights with lone weaker people. When if the fight was one on one the lone person could probally win. They go in groups because they know how weak they are mentally and physically.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    Quote Originally Posted by jlippone View Post
    One can be racist against ones own race as well.
    That doesn't make sense to me. It seems that a person who exhibits a behavior that suggests that that is the case with them would have some self esteem and/or insecurity issues that they're trying to project onto others whom they deem as similar. I'd associate it with the nutcases that have no respect for any other humans but damn will damn near worship a dog like it's an idol or something.

Racism is just when you hate on another race. Probablt when you had a bad experience with members of said race

Elite Member
    Racism is about intent. Using racial slurs casually isn't racist unless they're used with the intent to harm. Also, racial jokes are not inherently racist unless, again, they're used with intent to harm.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Dedicated Member
    Anyone that calls me white. Its Caucasian please.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldierboy View Post
    Anyone that calls me white. Its Caucasian please.

Honkey.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Thread Information