Latest PSU headlines:

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2131 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 775 of 851
  1. #751
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,292
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    13,339 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Yes, because you have all the crucial details to see the complete picture, right?
    chill out. Don't be mad at Podsaurus because he doesn't want the xbox one. Phil said it so if he's running with that then so be it.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

  2. #752
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,978
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,328 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    chill out. Don't be mad at Podsaurus because he doesn't want the xbox one. Phil said it so if he's running with that then so be it.
    I'll chill out as soon as everyone drops the drive for negativity about X or Y product. Lead by example.

  3. #753
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,292
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    13,339 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    I'll chill out as soon as everyone drops the drive for negativity about X or Y product. Lead by example.


    Well you are in for one hell of a ride.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

  4. #754

  5. Likes MjW likes this post
  6. #755
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Based on all the things I have read about this Xbox I will definitely not be purchasing this. No used games and must connect to the internet everyday? Sounds like you're constricting customers not serving them.
    And Kinect is required for the console to function. All huge turn offs.

  7. #756
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And Kinect is required for the console to function. All huge turn offs.
    I don't think it's all that bad. It's only a one time thing. Just connect it once and then you are done.

  8. #757
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ya know I really like the box, for me the whole internet thing is neither here nor there, but I certainly don't approve of it.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  9. #758
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,311
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    30,167 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Yes, because you have all the crucial details to see the complete picture, right?
    If your product drives away consumers from first impressions, you have no one but yourself to blame.

  10. #759
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    If your product drives away consumers from first impressions, you have no one but yourself to blame.
    I blame television! (snicker)
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  11. Likes snooper71, YoungMullah88 likes this post
  12. #760
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,838
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,583 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I blame television! (snicker)
    and rap music.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  13. #761
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,978
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,328 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    If your product drives away consumers from first impressions, you have no one but yourself to blame.
    That is very interesting, since no media outlet has gotten a chance to go hands on with everything to report a first impression.

  14. #762
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,311
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    30,167 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    That is very interesting, since no media outlet has gotten a chance to go hands on with everything to report a first impression.
    I meant the first impression the consumer gets from the product. It doesn't have to be hands on for a consumer to formulate an opinion. They have the right to decide from whatever amount of evidence they have

  15. #763
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,880
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    26,660 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I meant the first impression the consumer gets from the product. It doesn't have to be hands on for a consumer to formulate an opinion. They have the right to decide from whatever amount of evidence they have
    The consumer will be very impressed with Xbox One.
    The core gamer on the other hand will have to wait until E3 to make his/her mind up.
    Of course, there are those core gamers that were never going to buy an MS product but will bemoan it anyway.

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

  16. Likes MATRIX 2 likes this post
  17. #764
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,311
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    30,167 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    The consumer will be very impressed with Xbox One.
    The core gamer on the other hand will have to wait until E3 to make his/her mind up.
    Of course, there are those core gamers that were never going to buy an MS product but will bemoan it anyway.

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    And they have good reasons too

  18. #765
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,978
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,328 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I meant the first impression the consumer gets from the product. It doesn't have to be hands on for a consumer to formulate an opinion. They have the right to decide from whatever amount of evidence they have
    And I have the right to point out their faulty reasoning.

    Going by that logic, I should write off the ps4 because I wasn't impressed by the February PlayStation event. But I haven't done that? Why? Because I have an incomplete picture, and it would be very foolish to make decisions without all of the relevant (and correct) information.

  19. #766
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,554
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,313 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    The consumer will be very impressed with Xbox One.
    The core gamer on the other hand will have to wait until E3 to make his/her mind up.
    Of course, there are those core gamers that were never going to buy an MS product but will bemoan it anyway.

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Based on what? The casual consumer probably didn't even know about One until they read about it in their daily news feed. MS does have that weight to where anything that they put out does generate interest within the common consumer world. So they do have that working for them. But I don't see where even the common consumer can be very impressed by the very vague description we were given today.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  20. #767
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,311
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    30,167 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    And I have the right to point out their faulty reasoning.

    Going by that logic, I should write off the ps4 because I wasn't impressed by the February PlayStation event. But I haven't done that? Why? Because I have an incomplete picture, and it would be very foolish to make decisions without all of the relevant (and correct) information.
    yes you have the right to write off ps4 and I won't stop you from doing it. But like you said, we don't know the complete picture, so the consumer mindset will just be a rough mental decision, he/she will still have to decide when the release day comes and on that day they can reevaluate their opinions (or whenever after release), opinions are not final and therefore I don't see what the big deal was when pod said he won't buy X1

  21. #768
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,978
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,328 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Based on what? The casual consumer probably didn't even know about One until they read about it in their daily news feed. MS does have that weight to where anything that they put out does generate interest within the common consumer world. So they do have that working for them. But I don't see where even the common consumer can be very impressed by the very vague description we were given today.
    The xbox one had 2 million+ searches on google in the US and 1 million+ on google in the UK.

    Seems significant to me. And based of anecdotal comments from people on other forums, the nongamers that watched the even with them/ or were shown info about it, liked what they saw for the most part.

    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    yes you have the right to write off ps4 and I won't stop you from doing it. But like you said, we don't know the complete picture, so the consumer mindset will just be a rough mental decision, he/she will still have to decide when the release day comes and on that day they can reevaluate their opinions (or whenever after release), opinions are not final and therefore I don't see what the big deal was when pod said he won't buy X1
    Because the internet is awash with those who do noting more that disseminate misinformation/disinformation knowing that it will aggravate people. And even the people who don't do this are only too willing to buy into it. So people are making comments/decisions based of incorrect/faulty data/information instead of taking the time to assemble the facts and come to a logical conclusion.

  22. #769
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,554
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,313 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    The xbox one had 2 million+ searches on google in the US and 1 million+ on google in the UK.

    Seems significant to me. And based of anecdotal comments from people on other forums, the nongamers that watched the even with them/ or were shown info about it, liked what they saw for the most part.



    Because the internet is awash with those who do noting more that disseminate misinformation/disinformation knowing that it will aggravate people. And even the people who don't do this are only too willing to buy into it. So people are making comments/decisions based of incorrect/faulty data/information instead of taking the time to assemble the facts and come to a logical conclusion.
    I'm not debating that there are some that will be excited about new tech. You know as much as I do, in the electronic world the next big thing is what regular consumers are on the look out. MS releasing a new console is a big deal. Regardless of what that console is intended for it is big news for everyone. Me personally, even putting myself in the eyes of a common consumer I don't see where you could be excited nor disappointed about this. Just more waiting with baited breath.

    That's honestly why I don't see this reveal as being all that necessary. It was simply to reveal it's core focus on the entertainment aspects with the gaming being set aside for E3. If the details were so vague why bother. In only 19 days the hype would have been started and honestly I think it would be in a better view by the internet right now. There are so many questions that people have that are not really answered right. There is just so much confusion when so many were looking for clarity. If E3 is for the games then where will they get time to focus on the details that they simply skimmed through like the rumors of an added peripheral to use the Live TV. Honestly to me this reveal simply did more harm than good.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  23. #770
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,978
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,328 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I'm not debating that there are some that will be excited about new tech. You know as much as I do, in the electronic world the next big thing is what regular consumers are on the look out. MS releasing a new console is a big deal. Regardless of what that console is intended for it is big news for everyone. Me personally, even putting myself in the eyes of a common consumer I don't see where you could be excited nor disappointed about this. Just more waiting with baited breath.

    That's honestly why I don't see this reveal as being all that necessary. It was simply to reveal it's core focus on the entertainment aspects with the gaming being set aside for E3. If the details were so vague why bother. In only 19 days the hype would have been started and honestly I think it would be in a better view by the internet right now. There are so many questions that people have that are not really answered right. There is just so much confusion when so many were looking for clarity. If E3 is for the games then where will they get time to focus on the details that they simply skimmed through like the rumors of an added peripheral to use the Live TV. Honestly to me this reveal simply did more harm than good.
    Ok. Go back to the first few pages of this thread and find the video I posted about the Xbox 360 reveal on MTV. Then tell me that this event was worse/more pointless than that reveal.

  24. #771
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,554
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,313 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Care to sum it up for me in main points discussed? I have a limit on how much bandwidth I have per month with this wireless broadband $#@!! Lol It's been so long I don't remember anything about the 360 reveal.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  25. #772
    Master Guru
    THUGGEDOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jamming to Lamb of God with Pinhead...
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Posts
    7,121
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    145,281 (905,285 Banked)
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Care to sum it up for me in main points discussed? I have a limit on how much bandwidth I have per month with this wireless broadband $#@!! Lol It's been so long I don't remember anything about the 360 reveal.
    You can now talk to your TV, do multiple things with your TV, oh and it plays game trailers.

    It's being billed as more of an TV entertainment system for now gotta wait until E3 for the rest

    Tap-a-hoe


    "When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."




  26. #773
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,978
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,328 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Care to sum it up for me in main points discussed? I have a limit on how much bandwidth I have per month with this wireless broadband $#@!! Lol It's been so long I don't remember anything about the 360 reveal.
    They didn't reveal anything. Hell 1/3rd of the event was The killers concert. The rest was celebrities talking about the 360. 21 minutes long. Completely and utterly pointless. Yet they did it.

  27. #774
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,554
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,313 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    They didn't reveal anything. Hell 1/3rd of the event was The killers concert. The rest was celebrities talking about the 360. 21 minutes long. Completely and utterly pointless. Yet they did it.
    I Guess in retrospect this isn't as pointless but still too vague to really do much in terms of clarity that had been begged for. Just more questions. Kind of shows that MS slaps their name on it and people get excited.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  28. #775
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,880
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    26,660 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I Guess in retrospect this isn't as pointless but still too vague to really do much in terms of clarity that had been begged for. Just more questions. Kind of shows that MS slaps their name on it and people get excited.
    they said the reveal was to introduce the new box and that E3 was for the games, what part of that message was hard to follow?

    they showed a couple of games and while I personally do not care for the COD games, both that and Forza were highly impressive.

    Xbox One games are going to look good and it's looking to be a good media system as well.

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.