Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    No offense but why are you using the term YOU and not us all? Are you more important than the rest of us?

I am talking to YOU right now. When I say YOU, I am referring to YOU, and everyone else on this forum. And from what I said, why would you assume I am more important than the rest of you?

After reading my post again, I was very clear by saying "you guys". Meaning all of you..

So you can argue that the staff thinks they are better than everyone else, but we decide what members can and can not do. And we let you guys do quite a bit.

I do not understand what all this fuss is about. It is not like this is even a brand new rule..

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Go look at the recent infractions and tell me we are too strict. We rarely infract anyone. And we let A LOT slide around here.

We let you guys swear, let you guys battle out in the VS section. We hand out more warnings than anything.
    Last edited by Lethal; 05-16-2013 at 20:32.

2. Likes mistercrow, Cuguy likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Intriguing. The vets seem to have the echoes of a small disagreement. How will we ever sustain?

Though as lenient as things may be here I wont pretend. It's certainly not as entertaining at the end of the day. We do tend to carry on as a rather distinguished bunch for the most part.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Text Must be Black, Rule 17. [1]
    i lolled

Also Shingo, Gamespot is a terrible place. i used to go on their forums, i vowed never to return...

The King has Returned

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    I am talking to YOU right now. When I say YOU, I am referring to YOU, and everyone else on this forum. And from what I said, why would you assume I am more important than the rest of you?

After reading my post again, I was very clear by saying "you guys". Meaning all of you..
    Which was exactly my point, you didn't include yourself in it. If I remember correctly, you had no say what so ever in the decision to let us swear, come to think of it, where you even a mod then?

Go look at the recent infractions and tell me we are too strict. We rarely infract anyone. And we let A LOT slide around here.
    I will post just a few infractions that I feel were way too strict hence why I said this place needs to lighten up. I also do not care if this is the most forgiving site on the internet, it still does not make my point mute.

New WipEout called 'Deceit' leaked, possibly a PS4 title?
    Infraction for rene2kx

Administrative Note:

Flaming and baiting....

Originally Posted by radgamer420
    That really looks awesome.
    lol you disguise yourself pretty nicely on this board. mr. crow says that shot looks bland as hell. thought i'd pass his message onto you.

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...Flaming-Rule-3
    Really? this deserved an infraction? lol

Infraction for Flaw3d Genius: No Insulting/Harassing Other Members

Administrative Note:
    Message to User: All he did was post the article. You need to stop harassing this guy. Take a few days off.

LOL @ it mentioning the PS4 in the very first sentence! Dear oh dear...Certain members should be banned from posting in this section

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...embers-Rule-26
    WOW, you staff call that harrassment and you say this place is not strict, yeah, ok.

Warning for Typical guy: No Fanboy Terminology

We do not tolerate the use of the word "fanboy" on the forum. A warning this time

3gb of RAM for the OS? Windows 8 doesn't use that and you think this will? That's some fanboy $#@! right there.
    I really am lost for words about this warning, REALLY? REALLY? A warning for using fanboy in a harmless way. Did he call anyone a fanboy? I think not.

That is just a few, I don't have all day to through them all, my opinion is still the same. This place is very strict.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstoph View Post
    i lolled

Also Shingo, Gamespot is a terrible place. i used to go on their forums, i vowed never to return...
    That is an antiquated rule, but one that was made for a reason. Staff use different color text when we edit posts so that people know it came from us.
    LMAO

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Which was exactly my point, you didn't include yourself in it. If I remember correctly, you had no say what so ever in the decision to let us swear, come to think of it, where you even a mod then?
    Doesn't matter when I became a moderator. "We" is the staff, and "We" allow the members to swear. I do not need to include myself in anything when I am speaking to you as a staff member. I obviously follow all the rules we have here.

I just do not see why you are trying to pull this whole "us vs them" crap right now. The bottom line is this... We have rules and we have them for a reason. We enforce these rules, even old ones that need to be brought to attention, only to make the forum a more enjoyable place. For EVERYONE. Where Mankind may not like the infractions, Mankind probably does not know the history of what led to the infraction. Whereas another member would see the punishment fits quite nicely.

It is obvious we can not make the forum perfect for everyone.

Now, do you smell what the Lethal is cookin?
    Last edited by Lethal; 05-18-2013 at 00:06.

8. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Doesn't matter when I became a moderator. "We" is the staff, and "We" allow the members to swear. I do not need to include myself in anything when I am speaking to you as a staff member. I obviously follow all the rules we have here. I just do not see why you are trying to pull this whole "us vs them" crap right now. The bottom line is this... We have rules and we have them for a reason. We enforce these rules, even old ones that need to be brought to attention, only to make the forum a more enjoyable place. For EVERYONE. Where Mankind may not like the infractions, Mankind probably does not know the history of what led to the infraction. Whereas another member would see the punishment fits quite nicely. It is obvious we can not make the forum perfect for everyone. Now, do you smell what the Lethal is cookin?
    Last edited by TwentyThree; 05-18-2013 at 02:12.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    The staff is def not strict. Look through my activity mainly the thread about that crazy ex military shooter. I def should have gotten a warning/ban and even noted so in my post, but I didn't, why? I have no clue. Maybe it was not reported, maybe it was because I said some thing later, but I was not infracted or ban. There have been numerous other post I have reported as insulting other members, flame baiting, trolling and they where not dealt any infractions or ban even though I felt they did. Just because someone thinks a member does not deserve an infraction/ban does not mean the staff does not think so. It is the same for if someone thinks a member does not deserve one. In short this is the least strict forum I have posted on and it is why I keep coming back.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Doesn't matter when I became a moderator. "We" is the staff, and "We" allow the members to swear.
    Cuguy gives me £500.000 and so does DeviousOne out of their own pocket as I win a competition they set up. They are the only two staff and you get promoted to staff a few weeks later. A member asked who won the competition and donated the prize money, will you say we the staff? even though you never put a dime in the prize money?

This place is strict IMO. Life is short, post and enjoy and don't be upset about anyone calling anyone a fanboy. I would understand if they called their mother a $#@!, then that is stepping out of line.

Moral of my story is chill the $#@! out and enjoy.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Cuguy gives me £500.000 and so does DeviousOne out of their own pocket as I win a competition they set up. They are the only two staff and you get promoted to staff a few weeks later. A member asked who won the competition and donated the prize money, will you say we the staff? even though you never put a dime in the prize money?
    Giving someone money is not the same as the staff enforcing forum rules.... You need to understand the the staff is a team, and "We" discuss the rules and how to enforce them. Money is different, as my giveaways would not be called "Lethal's Awesome Giveaway". If I go take a piss right now, it is because I want to, not because the staff discussed it and decided I should. Get it?

And I do think you should live by your own words and, "chill the $#@! out and enjoy." Rules are part of being a grown man or woman, they are there, and you can either argue the rules much like my 9yr daughter seems to always do, or you can simply understand why we have them. Choice is yours.

I should infract you for making me sound all serious in a forum where I like to "chill the $#@! out" and have fun.
    Last edited by Lethal; 05-18-2013 at 11:51.

13. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Master Sage
    It really is not that big of a deal. This place needs to lighten up.
    In all honesty, PSU is probably one of the more laid back forums out there. If you look at places such as NeoGAF and IGN, you'll see how strict they are compared to here. There have been times where some staff members have used over-excessive force of their power to try and control a situation and, as such, come across as egotistical $#@!s but they were dealt with accordingly. And, truthfully, that only happened once in a blue moon.

If you have a problem with the way things are run around here, and with the community as a whole, then why not just leave?

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

15. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    In all honesty, PSU is probably one of the more laid back forums out there. If you look at places such as NeoGAF and IGN, you'll see how strict they are compared to here. There have been times where some staff members have used over-excessive force of their power to try and control a situation and, as such, come across as egotistical $#@!s but they were dealt with accordingly. And, truthfully, that only happened once in a blue moon.

If you have a problem with the way things are run around here, and with the community as a whole, then why not just leave?
    What just like you?

I have no problem with this place, I just feel it is strict. You cant even use the word fanboy without getting a warning.

Master Sage
    What just like you?
    And what, pray tell, do you mean by that?

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    The staff is def not strict. Look through my activity mainly the thread about that crazy ex military shooter. I def should have gotten a warning/ban and even noted so in my post, but I didn't, why? I have no clue. Maybe it was not reported, maybe it was because I said some thing later, but I was not infracted or ban. There have been numerous other post I have reported as insulting other members, flame baiting, trolling and they where not dealt any infractions or ban even though I felt they did. Just because someone thinks a member does not deserve an infraction/ban does not mean the staff does not think so. It is the same for if someone thinks a member does not deserve one. In short this is the least strict forum I have posted on and it is why I keep coming back.
    So the staff are tempermental and inequitable, hardly a ringing endorsement. But it happens to be true. Yes yes, I have put words in your mouth. Sorry.

You cant even use the word fanboy without getting a warning.
    Depends who you are. Which can be said for most of these here rules

Ultimate Veteran
    ok no problem

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Good grief...Here's how it is. We don't condone calling people fanboys because you should be discussing the topic of the thread and not the poster. When you start making posts on somones nature or behavior you introduce a spirit into disucssion that should have NO place in PSU. It creates bad energy between posters and all it does is hold the forum's potential back. You can see the people that have this contention between them and it is this energy, mixed with console wars, that creates the issues here.

If you have an opinion, state it, back it up with reason and it's all good. If someone disagrees, then provide counter reasons...rinse repeat. When you bring name calling into it, you not only degrade the quality of discussion as PSU, it's really just rather childish.

To be honest, you don't have to even call the fanboys out, they stick out like a sore thumb and smell like $#@!. Luckily most of these offenders have grown the $#@! up or have been banned.

/€0.02

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    All I would like to add is Staff door is always open for questions if you can't reach one or aren't getting a reply try another. For example if you PM myself I will get an email to my phone and I will get back to you pretty quick.

All we ask is just to be respectful to each other I personally don't feel that's too much to ask leave the past in the past let's move forward to the PS4 and awesome times on the forum.

Last thing anyone of us want to do is treat our members like kids this isn't a Nintendo Forum run by kids we're all adults and honestly have PSU's and members best interest at heart. No one is perfect but we try to always do the right thing. Cuguy has made everyone aware of what we will be looking for and cracking down on going forward please be mindful and respectful.

Have a great week PSU!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    All I would like to add is Staff door is always open for questions if you can't reach one or aren't getting a reply try another. For example if you PM myself I will get an email to my phone and I will get back to you pretty quick. All we ask is just to be respectful to each other I personally don't feel that's too much to ask leave the past in the past let's move forward to the PS4 and awesome times on the forum. Last thing anyone of us want to do is treat our members like kids this isn't a Nintendo Forum run by kids we're all adults and honestly have PSU's and members best interest at heart. No one is perfect but we try to always do the right thing. Cuguy has made everyone aware of what we will be looking for and cracking down on going forward please be mindful and respectful. Have a great week PSU!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

Thread Information