Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Give the Vita more time. The 3DS has plenty of good games, but it's 2 years old. The Vita hasn't hit the 2 year mark yet.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Azimuth85
    Items Iron MaidenFinal Fantasy TacticsJoker (limited ICON)Baby ChocoboLightning
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I seriously hope Sony aren't just gonna rely on PS4 remote play and indies. Hopefully we get something big out of #jrpgvita. Either of the Tales games, Phantasy Star Online II or Final Fantasy Type-0 would be big.
    FF Type-0 would be amazing

PSN ID : Azimuth85

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    What?!

What is Sony doing? It's like they don't even care about the Vita.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Yeah, but I've seen six different announcements already about what the focus on Gamescom will be. Some say PS4, others say Vita. I hope for a good balanced mix and also a showcase of how the PS4 and PS Vita will work together.

6. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Super Elite
    I see nothing wrong with all their attention being on PS4 at the moment. They need to make sure this one comes out as a juggernaut before they start dealing with the crippled child again.

Vita is the precocious but socially awkward child who right now is the ugly duckling in the Playstation family, and his siblings try not to tell him of the horror-stories of his brutally murdered older brother, Go (no one--NO ONE--talks about Go); and PS4 is about to enter the beauty pageant, so PS4 should get all the attention.

Once they secure it, back to Vita. But with Vita's precarious place in the market right now I don't think they should have their failing device compete for time with the one they're hoping will come swinging powerfully out of the gate.

As for Vita and indie games: I'm starting to feel like people just pretend to like indie games. Most of them are the exact same $#@! with a different background. Maybe that's just me, though.

8. Likes Itachi , The Black Wolf likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Nintendo had a conference for each system last year at E3, one for Wii U and one for 3DS despite the Wii U launching in the fall. Sony this year? 5 minutes at most on Vita; GoW HD port, Flower port and Walking Dead port + bundle.

At this point the best announcements for Vita are coming from Famitsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    As for Vita and indie games: I'm starting to feel like people just pretend to like indie games. Most of them are the exact same $#@! with a different background. Maybe that's just me, though.
    Nope, you're spot on there.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    As other people above said all the VITA need is sum top dog games theres only a hand full of good games we need to new games and more awesome software to have. But wait till the PS4 is out then the VITA will shine brighter then ever cuz i hear you can play PS4 games by WI fi remote on the VITA, and the VITA is more use able then on PS3.
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Master Guru
    The PS Vita will be huge for Sony one day. It's only a matter of time before people buy into it.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Focus on localizing RPGs would be great start FF-Type 0 would be ideal.(Square not localizing it audience orientated bastards) It worked well with PSP.
    Playing - Tales of Xillia and Atelier Escha & Logy.
    Awaiting - Tales of Xillia 2, Witcher 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    The PS Vita will be huge for Sony one day. It's only a matter of time before people buy into it.
    Maybe not huge (I guess it depends on your definition), but I agree that the Vita will find its happy home, eventually. There are plenty of people interested in one who are still holding off due to: games, memory prices, console price, etc., etc.

But the interest is still there. Heck, I was on-and-off again for a long time before taking the plunge, and now I'm glad I did. The Vita's a slow grower, but it's still growing steadily, the same way that the PS3 did--and what PS3 is now compared to what it was then is a night and day difference.

To AaronSOLIDER: Yeah, I can't really say Sony did anything to show the level of dedication Nintendo does. But part of me feels like Sony's hoping Mercenary and Tearaway will generate enough discussion online to keep the Vita in a smaller part of the spotlight. Both games seem to have a small, but active community chirping away about them. That may be enough to hold it over until Sony decides to give it some attention again.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I personally would love some sort of Skyrim type adaptation on Vita.

But right now, I don't really see the fuss about the "no games" especially now. I'm struggling to see how I can pick up all the ones I want!

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

One word solution Gaikai. If they can get Gaikai working well enough on the vita, to the point where you can play ps2 and maybe even a few ps3 games the vita will sell BIG TIME. The vita's a good piece of hardware but what gaming companies don't seem to realize is its the games that sell the console. Price cuts will only get you so far.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by brenno99 View Post
    One word solution Gaikai. If they can get Gaikai working well enough on the vita, to the point where you can play ps2 and maybe even a few ps3 games the vita will sell BIG TIME. The vita's a good piece of hardware but what gaming companies don't seem to realize is its the games that sell the console. Price cuts will only get you so far.
    Two words actually.

Final Fantasy

Get a dedicated AAA title on there and it will sell buttloads

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Two words actually.

Final Fantasy

I agree final fantasy would be awesome but they really need to get their act together game wise. I would Bring the whole ratchet and clank series to the vita along with kingdom hearts and final fantasy if they could manage it. Also for the love of god make games like assassins creed equal to their console counterparts. They also have got to work on their exclusives i mean indie games are alright but as you said AAA titles will sell a console.

18. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Needs more than Indie games to get the ball rolling.
    Abso _fuckin_lutely this.

Its such a nice piece of hardware. Ive already played all the big games.

I didnt pick it up for about 2 months, when I did I went to the store and saw nothing but indies.

I was like wtf I could play these games on my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    It's a self sustaining fire.
    Devs won't make Vita games until people buy enough vitas
    People won't buy enough vitas until devs make enough games

I've been meaning to grab one for a year now but it has only ONE game that I MUST play (Persona 4 Golden). Get more good jrpgs sony and I'll pull the trigger

i'd like to see sony explain how they plan to implement gaikai and remote play in more detail at gamescon. Just to clear things up will vita use gaikai without a ps4. Or will it need to stream through a ps4 first.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I dunno about that. I mean, to me, the feature of having PS2 Classics alone would sell me the system, the same way PS1 games were on PSP, the PSP games were the bonus to me. But in order for people to buy the system it needs games of its own that don't require you to be connected to the internet. If the only time you're able to connect to the net is at home, you might as well just switch on your PS3 and play the games that way. So I don't think remote play or Gaikai streaming is as big as Sony thinks it'll be, and they still seem to be kidding themselves that hundreds of indie games is gonna sell systems.

Forum Overseer
    "It's all about momentum. It's about showcasing PS4 in all its glorified beauty and it's not just the console. It's about the titles, it's about the games, it's about the independent titles. It's also about PS3, it's also about PS Vita. We blew it out of the park this E3 with PlayStation 4 but PS Vita has so much more to go, we've got so much more love to show at the showcase and I can safely say Gamescom is definitely going to be a PS Vita show, so you'll see."
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241

???

i'd like to see sony explain how they plan to implement gaikai and remote play in more detail at gamescon. Just to clear things up will vita use gaikai without a ps4. Or will it need to stream through a ps4 first.
    no reason why gaikai can't work on the Vita by itself.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Two words actually.

Final Fantasy

After P4G i wanna see same quality remake of Grandia 2

Lightbulb

I dunno about that. I mean, to me, the feature of having PS2 Classics alone would sell me the system, the same way PS1 games were on PSP, the PSP games were the bonus to me. But in order for people to buy the system it needs games of its own that don't require you to be connected to the internet. If the only time you're able to connect to the net is at home, you might as well just switch on your PS3 and play the games that way. So I don't think remote play or Gaikai streaming is as big as Sony thinks it'll be, and they still seem to be kidding themselves that hundreds of indie games is gonna sell systems.
    Yeah i agree that could become an issue with regards to portability. What i meant is that would sell the console for me. They could possibly fix the connectivity issues later If they could make them games downloadable (which would be brilliant but i don't know if that would be possible) or by making a 4G model when 4G becomes more common.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Two words actually.

Final Fantasy

They don't even have to make a new one. Type 0 never got localized. Put it on vita with upped resolution and trophies. BOOM awesome jrpg ready to go on the vita

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    You know SE would just release the PSP version though, which IMO is a smart move since it'd sell to all the PSP only owners too.

Thread Information